• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official site reveals Super Training, Mega Pokémon and English names of three Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Official site reveals Super Training, Mega Pokémon and English names of three Pokémon: ...

The official Pokémon X and Y website has been updated to reveal Super Training, Mega Pokémon and the English names of the three Pokémon revealed in the September CoroCoro. Super Training is a new method of training that will increase the base stats of a Pokémon by completing Super-Training Regimens.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Official site reveals Super Training, Mega Pokémon and English names of three Pok

Only two Mega Stones have been revealed so far, Lucarionite and Blazikenite. If there will be a Mega Dragonite will its Mega Stone be very likely to be called Dragonitenite or Dragonite?

Re: Official site reveals Super Training, Mega Pokémon and English names of three Pok

Perhaps it will be called Draconite.

Only two Mega Stones have been revealed so far, Lucarionite and Blazikenite. If there will be a Mega Dragonite will its Mega Stone be very likely to be called Dragonitenite or Dragonite?

I was under the impression after reading the article that a Pokemon has to hold its corresponding __nite and have a Mega Stone be used on them to evolve. This actually got me worried, since I was hoping Mega Evolution could also be reversed, like with other formes.

Not sure what I think about Super Training. It sounds like it's good for EV training, but I was kind of hoping it would make EXP grinding quicker.

Dragonitenite? lol, That sounds funny! Anyways, about the subject itself, these new Mega Pokemon should add an extra layer of strategy to battles and provide a new twist to the gameplay, something that's refreshing to see every once in a while. However, I am curious on how they will be handled in tournaments and in-game facilities, as these Mega Pokemon sound quite powerful, particularly Mega Mewtwo. Mewtwo was already extremely powerful to begin with, but the power boost makes it sound even more broken, gameplay-wise.
As for everything else, Gym Leader who seems to know something about Mega Evolutions? I'd like to know what she has to say. Three new Pokemon? Hmm...they seem charming enough. Super Training? Hope that makes EV training significantly easier. Yep, everything sounds promising to me so far, so I will happily look forward to generation 6 in two months from now.

I hope it's a female Speed Boost Torchic they're distributing.

I was under the impression after reading the article that a Pokemon has to hold its corresponding __nite and have a Mega Stone be used on them to evolve. This actually got me worried, since I was hoping Mega Evolution could also be reversed, like with other formes.

Not sure what I think about Super Training. It sounds like it's good for EV training, but I was kind of hoping it would make EXP grinding quicker.
Lucarionite and Blazikenite are types of Mega Stones. In the screenshots of the item description of both the Lucarionite and the Blazikenite (featured in the article's gallery) they say "One variety of the mysterious Mega Stones".

"Evolving during battle" would sound definitive and remain after the battle ends which is what the new video says.

Assume they are basically going to be Legendary event pokemon you evolve from regular pokemon by using an "event only" mega stone that can only be used on one type of pokemon.

I hope it's a female Speed Boost Torchic they're distributing.

Unfortunately, going by the screenshots on the US website it's male.

"Evolving during battle" would sound definitive and remain after the battle ends which is what the new video says.

According to pokemonxy.com:

"Unlike regular Evolution, Mega Evolution occurs only during battle. Once the battle ends, the Mega-Evolved Pokémon will return to its usual state."

My only problem with Mega Evolution is...
"When Lucario Mega Evolves, it becomes Mega Lucario. This Pokémon becomes even larger than it was before it Mega Evolved." (pokemonxy.com)

"It's Mega Evolving!" and "It Mega Evolved!" sounds a little bit corny to me, but I expect I'll get used to it.
It'd be hypocritical of me to complain about it, because I usually always complain about the absolutely pointless changes they make in the localisation, so I shouldn't complain when it's kept the same.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom