• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

I'm totally not late to the party. But hey, I'm here now!

Anyway, I've supported Pokeshipping for quite some time. It's just seemed pretty obvious to me, and I get the feeling that's what the creators intended. When I was a kid, I didn't really notice that Ash and Misty seemed to have a crush, but then, for nostalgia's sake, I started re-watching the show (I was about 13, I think). And it just kinda sunk in, bit by bit, until I was absolutely convinced of it. And then I was just going through this thread today, and I saw that thing about Misty being shown in the ending of recent Pokemon episodes. My initial reaction was literally "Oh my God is the show ending permanently or something?! Is sixth gen the final gen?"

Which then begged an entirely different question (or maybe it was unrelated and randomly popped up in my brain, because my brain is weird like that). If Ash and Misty WERE to get together, would it really work out in the end?

Welcome to the thread!

I can see why some people view love/hate relationships like Pokeshipping as volatile or unstable, but I think you can tell in certain Original Series episodes (maybe even every episode to a certain extent) how much Ash and Misty care about each other, especially Misty, whose devotion is mainly shown by her extreme jealousy and anger whenever Ash gets attention from another girl. If this comes through in the episodes (when they're supposed to be 10, bear in mind), then they've obviously managed to successfully overlook each other's 'imperfections' and therefore there's no reason why their relationship wouldn't work out.

Well since my prior topic didn't seem to really get this going, I'll try something else!

What song(s) do you think suit Ash and/or Misty's feelings for one another?

For Misty, I'd have to say "True Love" by P!nk. It's just so... appropriate xD

Can't really think of one for Ash though.

Well since my prior topic didn't seem to really get this going, I'll try something else!

What song(s) do you think suit Ash and/or Misty's feelings for one another?

For Misty, I'd have to say "True Love" by P!nk. It's just so... appropriate xD

Can't really think of one for Ash though.

You'd be surprised; some topics are ignored completely and others are often answered by only one or two people. I'd say yours had a pretty decent set of answers.

As for the new topic, the song "Wonderful Life" by Alter Bridge captures Ash's feelings for Misty perfectly (if you imagine it being played during Gotta Catch Ya Later, after Misty leaves).

Last edited:
Well, I found this one AMV (I think that's what they're called) with the most perfect song for the two. It's a terrible song (in my opinion at least), but it sums up Ash and Misty quite well. The song is called Every Other Time by LFO, and if you guys want to see the AMV:

I think I did the spoiler thing right.

You'd be surprised; some topics are ignored completely

I kno dat feel, bro.

But I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Dear God by Avenged Sevenfold is perfect for Ash's side. I don't really listen to much romance-y music, so I don't really know of anything else.

^ Yeah. I think some were being missed/ignored yet brought back in the topic again. I think that question has been ask before..back in some pages before thisXD

There are a lot of songs that kept me reminding about Ash and Misty and some does fit perfectly with them. Choosing one would be hard but for now, one of my favorites would be Your Song in line with the banner I made a month ago..
itakeonestepaway_zps25716138.png

andifindmyselfcomingbacktoyou_zps6dd688a5.png

myoneandonly_zps540578db.png

I guess this is all for now. Been months that I haven't posted here. I'm glad this thread is back with the discussions lately.

Well then, welcome back, Miss Pheno :3 glad to have you back onboard the ship.

Thank you :) *you can call me Ash for short XD,sounds not related but ignore the chemical indicator nameXD*.
Oh yeah, my welcome greeting is a bit late,so.. Welcome to the Thread Flame1819! hehe.

From TONBO's (Sei Jun) Pokemon doujin:

fxkANqz.jpg

Yzb2ipe.jpg

uF6iZK1.jpg

Since Satoshi = Anime Red, SatoKasu/PokeShipping being the anime's version of "ReKasu" (GamePokeShipping or HanadaShipping), I think this is an appropriate place to share this. TONBO seems to write his Red and Kasumi's personalities based off of their anime versions anyway, so their interaction in these scenes here feel totally like classic PokeShipping from the anime.

;P Also, awkward denial of feelings, just like Anime Kasumi.

pDMsoGp.jpg

6XjDGBE.jpg

There appears to be a two-year age gap between these two, just like Satoshi and Kasumi in the Dengeki Pikachu manga (they're the same age in the anime). Like younger guys, much? xD

Here's a PokeShippy/HanadaShippy doodle from the same guy:

c0LUrMV.jpg

Should have replied to this earlier, but I love these images! Wish it was translated.

I have always shipped pokeshipping since I was little no matter which version of these characters.

Hello, all, those are lovely graphics, @Phenolphthalein;. uvu

Also, my apologies for not addressing this sooner, however, the work that @FANG-TAN; posted caused me to remind everyone, that please don't post anything that's not solely related to Pokeshipping, including counterpart shippings. I'll let you off as it's an easy mistake to make, and there was some Pokeshipping in the last picture, I can see. Just for future reference.

Must make time to post here more.

The second movie trailer! I always like watching that. <3 Oh Misty, you're so obvious.

"NOOOOO! MY FUTURE CHILD SUPPORT MONEY!"

Reminded me of this. XD

That face lol

Thanks for the doujinshi pics btw. They're awesome. :D

@Phenolphthalein; I really liked the graphics. ^ ^ It's pretty.

Oh, and you guys can call me Yoshi.

Must make time to post here more.

The second movie trailer! I always like watching that. <3 Oh Misty, you're so obvious.

"NOOOOO! MY FUTURE CHILD SUPPORT MONEY!"

Reminded me of this. XD

That face lol

Thanks for the doujinshi pics btw. They're awesome. :D

@Phenolphthalein; I really liked the graphics. ^ ^ It's pretty.

Oh, and you guys can call me Yoshi.

I don't think I've ever seen that clip before. What episode is it from?

Here's a topic that sprang to mind the other day:

Which 3 episodes would you use to promote Pokéshipping to someone who has never seen the Original Series?

Which 3 episodes would you use to promote Pokéshipping to someone who has never seen the Original Series?

Two answers:

First, if you mean just the first season, then here it is. Ghost of Maiden's Peak would be the first. They're pretty touchy throughout the episode and then there's the end bit, which needs no explanation. Then there's Tower of Terror, where we've got the hand holding in the beginning of the episode, and the Ash-comes-back-to-life moment where Misty seems to be pretty emotional, which pretty well establishes Misty's side. The last one is tougher. There aren't really any big episodes besides those. I guess I'd have to go with Princess vs. Princess for the Ash jealousy, which establishes Ash's side.

Second, if you mean anything from the first five seasons, that makes it harder. I think Misty Meets Her Match establishes Misty's side better than everything but Pokemon 2000, especially the foreshadowing at the end, so I'll go with that one. On Ash's side, I'd have to go with Navel Maneuvers for the higher levels of Ash jealousy. And for my third, I'd have to go with Pokeball Peril, because it's just so obvious. If movies count, I'd replace Misty Meets her Match with Pokemon 2000. For good measure, my runner-ups are Love, Pokemon Style, for the rampant Misty jealousy, Ghost of Maiden's Peak, and Gotta Catch Ya Later (to contrast Ash's state after Misty's departure to his state after the other leads' departures).

The problem would be convincing them of Ash's side. With Navel Maneuvers, you'd probably have to argue that Ash's behavior only makes sense in light of having some kind of romantic inkling for her, whether he knows it or not.

The problem would be convincing them of Ash's side. With Navel Maneuvers, you'd probably have to argue that Ash's behavior only makes sense in light of having some kind of romantic inkling for her, whether he knows it or not.

I suppose that's the main reason why some people disregard Pokéshipping. I think the person would just have to be persuaded to believe that Ash is too young at the moment to realise his feelings for himself, but given the interventions from other characters (such as Rudy at the end of Misty Meets Her Match) and the fact that the Orange Islands season seemed to really push Pokéshipping, it's likely that it could happen one day (like the series Epilogue that we've frequently talked about).

And obviously I'm sure they'd need no further convincing from Misty's side once they'd seen the episodes above. It's pretty obvious that she's besotted, haha.

And obviously I'm sure they'd need no further convincing from Misty's side once they'd seen the episodes above. It's pretty obvious that she's besotted, haha.

Besotted? That's a new one. I always thought it meant "drunk". I guess it makes a sort of sense either way, lol.

But yeah, the Ash side is where you lose a lot of people. I think a lot of people think you need romantic comedy levels of obviousness to have a ship be valid, but you're not always going to be watching a romantic comedy. Sometimes it's subtle and sometimes romance doesn't consist of A:"I love you more than everything in the world!" B:"Oh, I love you more than that!" type stuff. When you view the world in black and white, you miss out on a lot of detail.

I thought I would share this. It's a funny jab at Best Wishes.

Very true, and I'm glad I wasn't the only one who wasn't a fan of Ash's new eyes.

Besotted? That's a new one. I always thought it meant "drunk". I guess it makes a sort of sense either way, lol.

It can also mean obsessed, which is what I was trying to get across in the post, but I guess I could have been clearer in what I meant. That's what I get for trying to use long words, haha

It can also mean obsessed, which is what I was trying to get across in the post, but I guess I could have been clearer in what I meant. That's what I get for trying to use long words, haha

Nah, I understood it. The context made it clear what you meant. Apparently the use of that word to mean "drunk" is archaic, so I guess I've got my head in another century or something.

Also, the last two frames in that comic are priceless. Never liked his new eyes either.

It makes the most sense due to the things the creators implemented into the show.

It took me a little while to understand what you meant here. "It" isn't very specific, especially when the posts above you don't refer to the same thing you're referring to. Yeah, I know, it's what the thread's about, but... come on, if you're gonna talk about something, you should say what it is you're talking about :p

And while yes, I agree, I don't think your reasons for Pokéshipping making sense are specific enough for me to agree. What you're thinking of and what I'm thinking of could easily be very different with something as vague as "the things the creators implemented in the show". That honestly could refer to anything and everything in the show.

I'm sorry for being critical, I just feel that posts shouldn't be made if they're not contributing to or otherwise stimulating conversation (in a good way), because it doesn't do anything to post something unimportant or nonspecific. But that's just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom