• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pocket Monsters: The Origin anime special to air Oct. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pocket Monsters: The Origin anime special to air Oct. ...

Prior to the start of the Pocket Monsters XY anime series, an anime special called Pocket Monsters: The Origin will air October 2, 2013. It will star the characters Red and Blue from the Generation I games.

Read more on Bulbanews

Oh goodness, actual Red and Blue not based on their anime counterparts actually making an anime appearance? This sounds pretty exciting. I don't watch the anime anymore, but I'm interested.

Also I tried watching the youtube video but it seems to have been taken down?

Anime special? How can they tell the whole story of the Gen I games in an hour?
Anyway, this is what I've been waiting for from the anime. That trailer rose my heart rate significantly.

Anime special? How can they tell the whole story of the Gen I games in an hour?
Anyway, this is what I've been waiting for from the anime. That trailer rose my heart rate significantly.

It doesn't have to. Not all TV specials do that, kind of like how the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon specials were never completed. It's probably just going to be a special that focuses on the beginnings of Red and Blue as something different. It could also be to commemorate FRLG's tenth anniversary which will be next year, and that they're doing this early.

I know, but it was just a passing thought. It still doesn't deny that FRLG are about to have their 10th anniversary.
They won't commemorate remakes. It makes more sense to think that all the Kanto focus in Generation VI might have something to do with the franchise's 20th anniversary, which will happen during this generation.

I know, but it was just a passing thought. It still doesn't deny that FRLG are about to have their 10th anniversary.
They won't commemorate remakes. It makes more sense to think that all the Kanto focus in Generation VI might have something to do with the franchise's 20th anniversary, which will happen during this generation.

Fine, I suppose that does make more sense. FRLG just happened to my first thought.

To those who couldn't see the trailer provided in the link in the news page, I found a different video for us to see. What can I say, I'm excited :)

[video=youtube;_3whhPFk-MI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3whhPFk-MI[/video]

What's the bet they are going to pick the highest pitched and most annoying VA for the English dub.

They'll ruin Red. I know it.

I think that the idea is pretty interesting and I'd like to see where they are planning on going with it. I am hoping that they use the special to test the waters and that if it goes well we can see a full 13 or 26 episode season going through the original adventure. I wouldn't consider myself a Genwunner but the idea definitely interests me. Red/Blue is where I started my Pokemon life as a 4th or 5th grader in elementary school. This anime would more be a nostalgia-trip than anything else and I'd watch it for that.

I'm very excited for this and hopefully it gets dubbed. Though if it does I hope to God they don't give Red and Blue awful voices.

When I noticed it on the main page I thought "oh some anime special, whatever", and then when I came across the trailer later I was like OH MY GOD AN ANIME ACTUALLY BASED ON RED/BLUE!!!!!

The end clip with Red and Ash circling around under water then both going into a bright light, reminds me of DNA Digivolution.

Might as well go the whole hog and rename the Pokedex the Pokevice

You are entering another dimension, a dimension of not only sight and sound but also of mindless fanboyism. You're entering - the Genwun Zone!

This looks really good. It sucks that it's only a special, but perhaps people will now realize that Ash and Red are not the same person.

This looks really good. It sucks that it's only a special, but perhaps people will now realize that Ash and Red are not the same person.
Except Origins is independent from the anime universe, and Satoshi is still the main anime universe's version of Red whether people like it or not.

The canon mashing needs to stop...

So, they'll use the special to debut mega charizard and mega blastoise? I'm glad for the special itself.
I doubt that Blastoise will get that treatment; Charizard's transformation appears to take place in Cerulean Cave. I don't think that Mewtwo will mega-evolve, either, since it has no connection to any trainer yet (and there is no need to retcon the games too much).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom