• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Iris vs. Clair

I image that Axew won't evolve though. I think that ship long since sailed and I wouldn't be surprised if this was a one-on-one match. Axew's battle skills aren't really that great and she'll just rely on her Dragonite instead anyway.

If this is a pure Dragon battle, then unless that Gible is received prior to the battle with Clair, Axew might actually be used here...given I think this will be a 2 v 2 battle.

If this is a pure Dragon battle, then unless that Gible is received prior to the battle with Clair, Axew might actually be used here...given I think this will be a 2 v 2 battle.

I'm still leading towards a one-on-one match, but including Axew for a two on two match isn't outside the realm of possibilities.

Maybe Iris is going to decide to stay and train with Claire because she knows a lot about dragons?

That seems like a good possibility. She wasn't that excited about becoming a Gym Leader and was more nervous than anything, so this would be another way to avoid it while getting some training done. I image that Axew won't evolve though. I think that ship long since sailed and I wouldn't be surprised if this was a one-on-one match. Axew's battle skills aren't really that great and she'll just rely on her Dragonite instead anyway.

Please no one on one match we have had enough of them in BW. As I stated in an earlier post, I would be happier with a four on four match with Iris winning. And Iris is actually relying on Excadrill too.

Logically, Axew would get his ass handed to him by that Druddigon....but, the same could have been said about lot of battles that seemed ridiculously one sided.

Please no one on one match we have had enough of them in BW. As I stated in an earlier post, I would be happier with a four on four match with Iris winning. And Iris is actually relying on Excadrill too.

I'm not a big fan of one-on-one battles, especially with how they had way too many of them in BW, but that's one reason why I could see this as being a one-on-one match. Dragonite vs. Druddigon probably sounds cooler for kids and I can't see them squeezing in enough time to have a four on four match. I don't think that they would focus much on Excadrill or Emolga when she's facing off against Clair since they don't tie into her goal of being a Dragon Master. She's relied on Excadrill before too, but she seems to be doing that more with Dragonite nowadays anyway. Besides that, Axew would most likely get creamed against any of Clair's Pokemon, especially when they haven't been really showing Axew as a good battler during the course of the series, so it wouldn't really reflect well on Iris during her big departure moment. Granted, relying on Dragonite doesn't really reflect well on her either, but I think that they're going for a one-on-one battle at the moment.

If this is indeed all a part of the final episode on September 26th, then this will most likely be the one on one battle. :/

If this is indeed all a part of the final episode on September 26th, then this will most likely be the one on one battle. :/

Now I'm a bit confused. Does that mean we'll get:

September 19th: Farewell
September 26th: 1 hour Specials ( I would assume they are separate episodes given the Cilan episode is clearely in Iwane's style and the Iris episode isn't)
October 3rd: Nothing
October 10th: Nothing
October 17th: XY start

or

September 26th: Closing (Ash only episode)
October 3rd: 1 hour Iris/Cilan special (still under the Best Wishes saga)

Either way, I think there would be time for a 2 v 2 battle. Might not be a great one, but...

Now I'm a bit confused. Does that mean we'll get:

September 26th: 1 hour Specials ( I would assume they are separate episodes given the Cilan episode is clearely in Iwane's style and the Iris episode isn't)

or

September 26th: Closing (Ash only episode)
October 3rd: 1 hour Iris/Cilan special
Either is very likely. On one hand I could see this being a one-hour special aired after the final BW episode, but on the other hand I could also see all of this a part of the final episode. But now that you mentioned the different styles of the episodes, we might be getting specials after all?

Either is very likely. On one hand I could see this being a one-hour special aired after the final BW episode, but on the other hand I could also see all of this a part of the final episode. But now that you mentioned the different styles of the episodes, we might be getting specials after all?

I'm just wondering if the "Final Best Wishes episode" that airs on the 26th includes the potential specials or not. If that's the case, which I doubt, that means we could potentially get 3 episodes of Pokemon on that day(the Ash, Iris, and Cilan episodes)...which I find unlikely.

I'm just wondering if the "Final Best Wishes episode" that airs on the 26th includes the potential specials or not. If that's the case, which I doubt, that means we could potentially get 3 episodes of Pokemon on that day(the Ash, Iris, and Cilan episodes)...which I find unlikely.
Yeah, specials are more likely, now that you mentioned Iwane's style being in one episode and not the other.

Again people with this random made up "specials" thing? No official source ever hinted at Iris or Cilan getting such "specials"... also who said September 26 is a hour long airing? as far as we know it'll be just one ep, the final BW ep... also, I'm amazed that people actually think we'll see anything of this Iris VS Clair battle... I think it's pretty obvious it'd be nothing more than a quick scene, especially when it seems to take place in Blackthorn City's Gym...

Again people with this random made up "specials" thing? No official source ever hinted at Iris or Cilan getting such "specials"... also who said September 26 is a hour long airing? as far as we know it'll be just one ep, the final BW ep...

That's an awful lot to cram in a single episode don't you think? Let's go over what we'll have if this is a single episode:

Stopping TR and Arriving to Vermillion
Hearing the reasons for Iris and Cilan's departures
Departure
Cilan battling a Gyrados, meeting Brock, and Healing Pansage
Iris shown with a Gible (gotten from where?????), as well as battling Clair
Ash shown with his group of Pokemon doing w/e.

Don't you think that's an awful lot for ONE episode? Not to mention the stuff with Ash and his Pokemon/Cilan and Brock are in Iwane style, while the stuff with Iris isn't. Indicating at the very least, one separate episode.

Again people with this random made up "specials" thing? No official source ever hinted at Iris or Cilan getting such "specials"... also who said September 26 is a hour long airing? as far as we know it'll be just one ep, the final BW ep...

Don't you think that's an awful lot for ONE episode? Not to mention the stuff with Ash and his Pokemon/Cilan and Brock are in Iwane style, while the stuff with Iris isn't. Indicating at the very least, one separate episode.

hah, he might have you there

I'm going to go with this, as the trailer implies that Cilan and Iris' scenes will be part of the September 26th finale. This could give each character 15 minutes of screentime.

Stopping TR and Arriving to Vermillion
Hearing the reasons for Iris and Cilan's departures
Departure
To be fair, this will be covered in the September 19th episode. But obviously, Ash will have some sort of plot in Pallet Town.

Piplup said:
Again people with this random made up "specials" thing? No official source ever hinted at Iris or Cilan getting such "specials"... also who said September 26 is a hour long airing? as far as we know it'll be just one ep, the final BW ep... also, I'm amazed that people actually think we'll see anything of this Iris VS Clair battle...
September 26th is still more than a month away, so there is no reason why we would know exact details yet (even the title hasn't been announced). And what's so obvious about Iris and Cilan getting quick scenes? That is definitely not what the trailer implies, and why would Brock appear with Cilan if they barely had any screentime? Can you even think of a single episode with so much condensed content from multiple perspectives? Please don't pretend that this is exactly what you were expecting all along.

I think it's pretty obvious it'd be nothing more than a quick scene, especially when it seems to take place in Blackthorn City's Gym...
So what if it takes place in Johto? Is Kanto the only region that can be revisited for more than a few seconds? I would expect this kind of thinking from another member on this forum, but not from you.

Last edited:
To be fair, this will be covered in the September 19th episode. But obviously, Ash will have some sort of plot in Pallet Town.

Whoops, my bad. But yeah, even without those events having the Cilan/Brock and Iris/Gible/Clair thing in the same episode be still be alot of content for one episode.

From looks of things the final episode for the trio together might not be animated by Iwane, which is a first IIRC for the farewell episodes. Given it looks like he's doing the Brock/Cilan episode, and the potential Ash/Pallet town one.

Can you even think of a single episode with so much condensed content from multiple perspectives?

Actually this show should be famous for cramming too much into one episode - it won't be THAT surprising...
"Gotta Catch Ya Later" for example was kind of rushed (Misty randomly having to leave, Brock revealing he's leaving too last second, TRio stuff, Ash meeting Gary and learning what he'll do next...)

So what if it takes place in Johto? Is Kanto the only region that can be revisited for more than a few seconds? I would expect this kind of thinking from another member on this forum, but not from you.

I'm not against it or something, it just seems more likely to me it'd be a few seconds scene showing what Iris is going to do after leaving Ash... I just can't see them really focusing on either Iris or Cilan after the moment they leave Ash - it never happened before and while it's possible I just don't find it likely at all

Maybe I just have very low expectations from the show at this point, I don't know... I guess we'll find out soon... it's actually kind of sad how much I don't care at all for the series finale this time... I was so emotional and excited over the end of Johto/AG/DP but I just can't feel the same at all with BW... hopefully XY will do better

I noticed one thing: with Druddigon on her team, Clair has four revealed pokemon in the anime. And Iris has four pokemon too. So if it is an four on four match then it maybe will be this matchup:

Dragonite vs Druddigon: Dragonite(Iris switches)
Emolga vs Gyarados: Gyarados
Excadrill vs Gyarados: Excadrill
Excadrill vs Kingdra: Kingdra
Axew vs Kingdra: Axew
Axew vs Dragonite: Dragonite
Dragonite vs Dragonite: Iris Dragonite

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom