• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokémon spotted in Pokémon Direct: Pokémon appears for split second

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
New Pokémon spotted in Pokémon Direct: Pokémon appears for split second

A new Pokémon appears for only a few frames in the latest Pokémon Direct presentation. Due to the extreme brevity of its appearance, it appears to only be included by mistake.

Read more on Bulbanews

I guess this might be the mystery Pokemon we spotted during the XY Anime trailer, the white dog-thing you saw when it zoomed out from the airport.

I guess this might be the mystery Pokemon we spotted during the XY Anime trailer, the white dog-thing you saw when it zoomed out from the airport.

This was my immediate thought as well.

It looks like a llama or an alpaca Pokemon to me. I hope it is cause I'm been wanting a llama Pokemon for years.

I don't know what it is, but it looks adorable!! <3

So, do any of the trademarked names fit the design? Like any that possibly have the Japanese word for "llama" in them?

Hmm, it seems the dog-like thing from the anime trailer wasn't a Swirlix evo. Darn.

People have sharp eyes.

I know I paused whenever they showed the boxes to see if I could spot a new Pokemon hidden somewhere.

That and someone probably uploaded it somewhere and, while doing so, noticed the frame I guess.

I thought it was Mega-Absol at first tbh. :\\

It looks like Absol's awkward kid brother. But it looks more...herd animally instead of predatory. So I'm thinking it's a Llama.

It looks like Absol's awkward kid brother. But it looks more...herd animally instead of predatory. So I'm thinking it's a Llama.

Agreed. It looks like it has hooves.

Last edited:
Looks like an absol prevolution to me.

It doesn't look underdeveloped enough to be a pre evolution. I guess it is a llama-based Pokémon unrelated to Absol.

We can't say with certainty that it's not related to Absol, but I don't see any reason why it would be other than the white fur and black skin. It doesn't share any other common features as far as I can tell. I predict that this will be a Normal type Pokemon and you might be able to ride it like Gogoat.

I envy how sharp people's eye-sights are. 8D; I didn't notice the new Pokemon at all. He does remind me a bit of Absol, but I hope he's a llama or an alpaca. They're so cut,e and I've been wanting one like that.

I completely missed it too, lol. Glad some others caught it, I think it looks pretty interesting. I tend to agree with the llama/alpaca theory as well. Now I'm even more super-psyched for Pokemon X and Y. CAN'T WAIT!!

Hmm, it seems the dog-like thing from the anime trailer wasn't a Swirlix evo. Darn.

It could still be. Personally it looks kind of poodle-ish to me, and since Swirlix is possibly based on a cotton candy poodle puppy...there you go. Maybe the reason why it looks like Absol is probably coincidental like Luvdic/Alomomola or it could be based on the concept of [url="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1208913/The-poodles-transformed-pandas-horses-snails-creative-grooming-dog-shows.html]poodle sculpting[/url].

Personally I don't get where people are getting the llama thing from. Why would a llama have dog ears?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom