• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Starter Discussion

Which Kalos starter did you choose?

• Total voters
Re: Starter Discussion and Speculation

fennekin_evolution_by_foxeaf-d6lvnh3.png

Ahh!! People were saying it looked too feminine so I altered its pose.

It's my favourite. >w<

No Fennekin. It was too soon for you to become furbait. :(

And so begins the day when all Froakie haters will change their minds and realise he was the god from the start. :>

I never had a doubt in my mind.

Let's just cross our fingers now that he stays on top, right where he belongs.

People need to stop comparing Hariboogu to Pignite because that'll ruin it for me. I absolutely love it though. So dopey looking. Other than Fennekin though it's pretty difficult to tell what types, if any, the starters'll gain upon evolution. I'm a bit disappointed they're all pure still in the first stage. Fennekin's definitely would have been fine already picking up psychic. The funny thing is I'm really not getting dark vibes from Hariboogu. More like rock.

Something that I just realized:

- At first people kept saying that Chespin looked like Oshawott
- Now they say that Hariboogu looks like Pignite

So... Will Chespin's final stage look like Serperior?

Just kidding... Ha!

Anyways, Hariboogu doesn't look like being Dark at all, if anything, it looks more like a Grass/Fighting than Grass/Dark, while Gerogashira looks more like Water/Dark... :O

EDIT: Why didn't I realize? Hariboogu is a freakin' Chestnut! I mean, it's body is shaped like a Chestnut...

Also... The first stage was based on a Chestnut seed's shell/husk, the second was based on the seed itself... Maybe the third stage will be based (loosely at least) on Chestnuts' trees?

Last edited:

i dont like the chespin evo, but still going to pick him, i have faith in his final form

So why does Fennekin have a stick up its asstail?

What if these attacks are indicative of their eventual types? Chespin becomes part ground, Fennekin part psychic? And Froakie becomes part flying....though bounce really isn't out of the ordinary for a frog.

I think the poll should be reset, just to see how much people's opinion changed after the reveal of evolutions. Didn't the mods do that to the poll in the "Revealed Pokémon Discussion Thread"? Though my vote was originally for Fennekin and I don't plan to change it.

It's confirmed that Chespin's evolution can learn Mud Shot, so a Ground typing is looking more likely than anything else at the moment. Of course it could still be anything, but my guess is Grass/Ground.

Oh, Chespin please be another Shelgon story. Shed some of that bulk and become a badass.

Last edited:

It's confirmed that Chespin's evolution can learn Mud Shot, so a Ground typing is looking more likely than anything else at the moment. Of course it could still be anything, but my guess is Grass/Ground.

Chespin and its line are also able to use Rock and Flying-type moves. Froakie's line is capable of using Flying and Ghost-type moves. It has always been the case for starter pokemon to learn moves outside of their types via level up.

Froakie's design has always given a sage-like feel to me, I can't help but think of the Toad Sage from Japanese myth and legend as I look at it and hope that it's final form is the big payoff to that feeling.

Chespin and its line are also able to use Rock and Flying-type moves. Froakie's line is capable of using Flying and Ghost-type moves. It has always been the case for starter pokemon to learn moves outside of their types via level up.

Rollout can be learned by most round Pokemon, Aerial Ace most Pokemon with sharp points. Lick and Bounce are both very non-specific moves that can be used by most Pokemon who can... well, lick things with a prominent tongue or jump high. Most Pokemon don't just spit mud without a good reason.

I never said that it's set in stone already, but I think this hints at Ground being more likely than it was before. I still think types like Dark or Steel are still possible.

I don't like the Chespin evo. :x But not because of its body shape, just because its face looks real ugly to me. The Fennekin evo looks so prettiful. x3 I hope it gets even more feminine looking. XP

You know, Gerogashira's "mask" makes it looks way more like a burglar than a ninja. I don't really see ninja-sque features on its design.

Gekogashira's foam reminds me of a hood. And in the anime teaser, Froakie seemed to be using its foam like a mask/hood.

And seems even more of the trademarked names are right, which means Gekogashira will evolve into Gekkouga, kouga being a ninja iirc, Teeruna into Mafoxy, and Haribogu possibly into Burigaron.

If the names are right, then I can definitely see Fennekin being a witch, same with Froakie being a Ninja. Chespin's giving me the most trouble to envision though, mostly because it got rounder and I don't think he'll completely lose that feature.

Chespin's evo has a very similar shape to Gengar (which I like). And I like how it keeps its happy demeanor. It's cute, and I didn't expect it to look the way it does, so I might still choose Chespin.

A Hariboogu balloon would be awesome.

Back
Top Bottom