• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon XY Corocoro poster!

I hope Serena collects badges just like Ash.

Even if she's a travelling companion, I don't care. :I

Well that would totally makes her addition to the cast worthwhile. I am begging for a proper Pokémon trainer as Satoshi's companion for ages.

Still, I find that unlikely to happen, so Serena could be related to Pokémon-Amie (which would likely lead her to have cute Pokémon -_-) or Mega Evolutions.

Serena is a nice move. Bonnie can get herself sucked into the back of a shedinja.

Also ash is on the other side of the poster from the starters....could this mean he doesn't get any?!

Anywhere I can see a bigger version of that picture? You guys must have amazing eyesight, I can hardly make any of it out!

I'm really excited for Clemont and Bonnie, I was hoping for those two since the last trailer we got for the anime. Serena, on the other hand... Meh. I was kinda hoping for Shauna since I just don't find Serena's design all that appealing nor interesting. She looks too generic and bland for my taste, so I'm kinda fearing that she'll end up being like Dawn. Hopefully my opinion of her will change once I get to learn more about her personality.

Really awesome that we're getting to see Mega Blaziken so early in the anime, I'm really looking forward to that. : >

Among the Mega evos, I see Blaziken and Lucario.

Also, am I the only one who can't seem to find Bonnie on the poster?
attachment.php

Attachments

• XY anime CoroCoro Oct.png
    XY anime CoroCoro Oct.png
    235.4 KB · Views: 7,861
I'm disappointed it's Serena, it makes it unfair for the Feale Player Character to get all the screen time, I wouldn't have minded if they included Hilda in Best Wishes because she got shafted in nearly every single Manga adaption but Serena has a big role in X and Y and his pretty much guaranteed to not get shafted out of adaptions.

I'm happy Clemont and Bonnie are main characters though because this really changes the status quo and I find Max to be a really underrated character and not a third wheel.

I don't know how to feel about the group yet, it seems kind of...unbalanced? Clemont seems like he could be fun being an inventor and all and having hi-tech gadgets, but not too keen on Serena and Bonnie. I guess it's neat and progressive to have a balanced group in terms of gender for once though instead of the one-female limit we've always had, excluding cases like Dawn coming back and Alexa.

I really wanted Grant. :(
Also surprised we didn't get the probable Fairy Gym Leader (of Lumiose likely) for a traveling partner, that seems like something they'd do to help promote the new type.

I guess around the 14th, we might see the official Anime site update with better info.

Hey, could someone provide a link to a bigger, better quality pic?

Because the one Human posted is too small/blurry (I don't blame him though) and I literally can't see what everyone's so excited about.

Serena and Clement? If you say so...

(Though I may just try Bulbapedia later. Down right now)

Meh on Clemont/Bonnie but yay for Serena
I really hope using the game heroine means she'll get a May/Dawn-like starring role (although the preview focus on Ash in such a way that really make it seem like he's the only star again... unlike the early DP advertising that focused on Dawn)

So a gym leader, a player character, and a younger sibling to one of the previously mentioned... does this sound like Advanced Generation to anyone else?

Took me forever to find out who this Bonnie chick was...gotta love the US-translation names and their blandness xD So Eureka is this gen's Masato? I really want to look forward to the XY anime...please don't disappoint me, writers ( and exe/producers :p ).

I hope they give Bonnie at least one Pokemon.

I think Flabebe would be cute, you know, a little Pokemon that hangs around all the time outside a Pokeball.

Guess Pikachu and Dennene are going to be the "mascots", wonder if Serena will have a marketable Pokemon of her own? I bet she'll get Fennekin, while Ash gets Froakie, and then Chespin either goes to one of them, as I can't imagine them not giving a game PC at least one Starter.

I'm really happy with these choices. I'm glad we're having a group of four this time around; it's just gonna be a little weird having three blonds travelling with Satoshi when we had the purple and green-haired Iris and Dent last series.

Also, it would be really cool if Callum, Sana, Toroba, and Tierno were rivals for each of them.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's my biggest problem, imagining them in my head there designs don't mesh as well as a group because they're too similar.

Look at any other group and you notice the characters had a diverse range of colors and such that went well together, especially the OG and Best Wishes Trio. The fact we've got three blonds, two of them being siblings (that look far more copy-and-paste than May and Max did) is just bothering me immensely.

I just realized Clemont continues the pattern of Brock and Cilan with the male sidekick having "weird eyes", in this case foggy glasses that cover them up.

Since there is a character customization feature in XY, they could at least make Anime!Serena dark-skinned to 1) Advertise the feature 2) Balance the main cast a bit more. Seriously, three blondes? Meh.

Since there is a character customization feature in XY, they could at least make Anime!Serena dark-skinned to 1) Advertise the feature 2) Balance the main cast a bit more. Seriously, three blondes? Meh.
I imagine they could do it for the movies, like, maybe change her outfit a little bit or for special events.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom