• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon XY Corocoro poster!

Since there is a character customization feature in XY, they could at least make Anime!Serena dark-skinned to 1) Advertise the feature 2) Balance the main cast a bit more. Seriously, three blondes? Meh.
I imagine they could do it for the movies, like, maybe change her outfit a little bit or for special events.

That wouldn't solve the "problem" of lack of diversity...

Serena in the anime. YES and YES! Please let her be the female lead instead of a rival character. I would be so disappointed if she wasn't in the main cast after this and I'd much rather see a return to a four person group than see her being a rival. I'm just glad that they aren't going for another female Gym Leader. That's so refreshing after Iris and I hope that she'll be handled much better than Iris was. I'm not sure what they could do with Serena, but a Contest-like goal, either based on the game or an anime only goal, with a clear objective where she has to battle actively would be good. Though, at this point, I'd settle for just having her being at least likable.

Clemont being in the group is a bit of a surprise since his design didn't seem marketable to me. I'm not too surprised that Cilan isn't sticking around when getting a special set after BW made it more likely that he wouldn't be around in XY. I'm not sure how to feel about him right now, but I do hope that he'll be handled better than Cilan was development wise. Cilan was likable and entertaining, but his development was pretty much nonexistent. Bonnie could be nice. I actually liked Max, although he could be annoying at times, and I wouldn't mind another member of the cast not having their own Pokemon if they go that route. It would be kind of refreshing to see that again and they could handle it differently with a different character.

Wasn't there a poster when DP began where paul replaced Brock?

Maybe clemont is actually the rival.

If anything, Serena is more likely to be a rival.

The latest XY anime trailer showed Ash battling someone with Bonnie and Clemont standing by the sidelines and watching that battle. So it could very well be it's Ash's first encounter with Serena in Lumiose.

The latest XY anime trailer showed Ash battling someone with Bonnie and Clemont standing by the sidelines and watching that battle. So it could very well be it's Ash's first encounter with Serena in Lumiose.

For all we know serena just wanted a test run while clemont admires ash's strength at a distance.

I for one am super stoked, because this is the one group I really wanted. Well, really I just wanted Serena and Clemont but having another 4-person group is awesome. I liked Max and I'm sure I'll like Bonnie too.

Which trailers that? haven't seen it. Could someone provide a link please?

Fuck Clemont. His design is hideous. We're gonna have to put up with this guy for years now? Seeing those glasses and that stupid outfit every episode? Jesus fucking christ.

【公式】アニメ「ベストウイッシュ」「XY」新着プロモーション映像 - YouTube

You don't see them directly, you'll have to look carefully, they're seen briefly.

【公式】アニメ「ベストウイッシュ」「XY」新着プロモーション映像 - YouTube

You don't see them directly, you'll have to look carefully, they're seen briefly.

all i seen was alexa and clemont

Serena is obviously showing off her brand new froakie on the battlefield ofc.

Do people still think Ash will get Froakie? I want him to get Gekogashira so badly

THE FOLLOWING LINES ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY...

Maybe Ash is the rival! For all we know they could focus on him throughout the first episode until they bring Serena in making her the true star while Ash shows her up like Gary used to do to him.

THE PRECEDING WAS A JOKE THAT COULD NOT BE HELPED... I APOLOGIZE AND RETURN YOU TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED COMMENTARY...

Can someone explain who the companions are? The poster is too small for me to see, clearly.

Serenas hat can be seen.
Clems hair is visible
His sister is under it

After I posted, I realized that I could have just did some research, which proved to be successful. I deleted my post, but thanks for replying, anyway.

The fact that this is quite likely to be a 4-person group makes me quite happy. The AG group was by far my favorite, and since the groups after it reverted to trios it felt like there was something missing. So merely being a group of four again is enough to make me actually look forward to this. :p

Not much else to say until we learn more about the roles and personalities. I definitely wouldn't have pegged Clemont as main character material based on that design alone, but what do I know. It would be interesting if Clemont and Bonnie were role reversals of May and Max - so the elder sibling is the snotty know-it-all and the younger sibling is sweet and insecure and doesn't know what she wants to do. I'd be down with that. I'm more for Serena being in the main group rather than a rival myself. She seems to be the one most likely to fill in Brock and Cilan's role, plus I agree it would be neat to have her focused on some of the many new things Gen VI has thrown at us, like Mega Evolutions or the Fairy-type or something involving ~FASHION~. This is PokeFrance, after all.

So... I do see potential, here!

Since there is a character customization feature in XY, they could at least make Anime!Serena dark-skinned to 1) Advertise the feature 2) Balance the main cast a bit more. Seriously, three blondes? Meh.

Ugh, this!! Pokemon had the chance...they had the chance to canonly represent a dark skinned main protagonist in a main series...but they didn't. I'm actually pretty upset, I've always enjoyed the fact that pokemon had a fairly diverse appearing cast......

I dunno, I'm not to psyched over this, especially since I don't know if this poster is pulling another DP and portraying rivals as well as traveling partners (remember when people thought paul was going to be replacing brock in dp hahaha omg).

Ugh, this!! Pokemon had the chance...they had the chance to canonly represent a dark skinned main protagonist in a main series...but they didn't. I'm actually pretty upset, I've always enjoyed the fact that pokemon had a fairly diverse appearing cast......

I dunno, I'm not to psyched over this, especially since I don't know if this poster is pulling another DP and portraying rivals as well as traveling partners (remember when people thought paul was going to be replacing brock in dp hahaha omg).

Honestly, I just don't see that as disappointing at all.

If the characters are good and believable, whether gay/black/muslim/straight/blonde/old/young/tan/pale, then I'm going to enjoy it.

I don't think any franchise needs to constantly represent every demographic in their work. Sometimes adding them in is just an insincere marketing tool.

I don't look like any of the Kalos cast and I'm fine with it.

I've been watching the clips and I still haven't noticed this. Could you tell me at what time they are shown?

I've been watching the clips and I still haven't noticed this. Could you tell me at what time they are shown?
Pause at 0:44, you will spot Alexa, Clemont and I think Bonnie is there too.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom