• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Who cares about Pokemon gender ratios or if they look feminine or not. Sure they might not be real animals, but the truth still remains that they're based on real animals. Fennics look really frail and feminine in real life and yet they can be both female and male. Some times animals such as alligators or ants or whatever have more offspring of one gender than the other. Who cares!? That's the unique thing about pokemon...they treat cartoon monsters like real animals. That's pretty different compared to all the monster franchises out there that either base mechanics solely on demons/monsters/folktales or come up with their own way of doing things that have no basis in reality.

Also least everyone forget that female Machamps, Machokes and Nuzleaves (the latter of which actually has nipples) are still topless and look masculine. Not to mention the things people previously brought up about male Gardevoir and the feminine looking Eeveelutions. No one really puts up a fuss about them looking girly or masculine anymore and now they even joke about them. Teruna will probably be the same way in due time. I mean it's not like it's going to turn into a big boobed anime witch with fox features. The "skirt" might get longer and it might look like a wizard robe (if it is part psychic) or something who knows at this point until the games or more info come out.

Now...I do wish there was more sexual dimorphism between pokemon. Like different colors or markings depending on the gender. Unfortunately what it looks like now, well so far anyway, is that sort of thing is now reserved for only a few specific breeds of pokemon like the Nekomata with one or two unseen exceptions again. Which kind of sucks given all the potential it had.

Last edited:
Ignoring the fact that gender != sex, and that the Pokemon have different sexes as opposed to specific genders (seriously, it's all just there to let you know which Pokemon can be put together to make you a super powerful baby)...

I really wanted to see every Pokemon have sex differences. Back when it was introduced, I thought it was going to be two sprites for every Pokemon (like, every species having a Nidoran Male and Nidoran Female sprite). But, no, that didn't happen. I was hoping that we might have got a CoroCoro leak by now showing that Gen VI would introduce such a thing (since they have higher capacity game cards, and had to make 3D models for every Pokemon anyway), but I guess tht isn't going to happen...

Ignoring the fact that gender != sex, and that the Pokemon have different sexes as opposed to specific genders (seriously, it's all just there to let you know which Pokemon can be put together to make you a super powerful baby)...
Apologies, I'm usually good about that distinction.

Apologies, I'm usually good about that distinction.
Don't worry, I'm not too fussed, I do generally think sex itself is more important than gender. However, we are talking primarily about game mechanics here, and when it comes to that I think it's just assigning monsters a sex for the sake of breeding and new moves.

It might be a little early for this, but did CoroCoro mention what information we'll be getting next month? Normally they do give a small preview of what's to come.

why is everyone like 'omg gender difference in movesets' when its exists since before genders existed? (nidos...)

It might be a little early for this, but did CoroCoro mention what information we'll be getting next month? Normally they do give a small preview of what's to come.
It doesn't really matter, as the games will be out by then but no, this was the last CoroCoro.

so hostile. im just pointing out that nidos are THE gender difference poster children. that said, i like the kitties.

Then there's also Volbeat and Illumise, who are so gender differentiated that they got their own species even one generation after the gender mechanic was introduced, which included differentiated move pools (including egg moves), stats, and abilities.

They're essentially doing with these cats what they've done with Volbeat and Illumise, except they're going "Nah, let's not waste an entire Pokedex entry on this."

Isn't miltank and tauros like that too?

But I didn't think anyone had a problem with that...or the cats, or nidos, or buggies.

Isn't miltank and tauros like that too?

But I didn't think anyone had a problem with that...or the cats, or nidos, or buggies.

did they ever officially connect miltank and tauros? as far as i know its been mostly fan speculation.

I don't know, hence the question mark. (of course I suppose I could have just gone and looked at their pages on the wiki..)

I don't really consider Mandibuzz and Braviary as a breeding pair. I assume they just have to screw Dittoes to reproduce, like the Hitmons.

What's weird is that Mandibuzz and Braviary are version exclusives, are all only female and only male respectively, and Mandibuzz can make Vulllaby eggs only, but Braviary has to breed with ditto to get Rufflet eggs, that's the only way. So they seem like they are a pair but really there's no concrete connection that we know of, similar to the case of Tauros and Miltank.

Back
Top Bottom