• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon XY Corocoro poster!

Professor Sycamore is the top Pokémon researcher in the Kalos region

is the word main used at all in this statement no its not

but i do have to agree it is starting to sink in that that rumor may have been wrong and for your information no i didnt read that until just now

Well i guess since i will have to put up with Clemont for about another 120 or so episodes, the only thing left to do is go to my corner
tumblr_lhvkrn5vee1qgkasio1_500.jpg
but i am happy that Serena will be part of the main cast. i hope she is the one who can actually have a sence of compentcy and can controll her pokemon so it wont become Axew 2.0

Well i guess since i will have to put up with Clemont for about another 120 or so episodes, the only thing left to do is go to my corner

wait... what did he do so far that was so aggravating? i must have missed that he's done anything at all

??? @ people judging someone's character from a simple anime poster.

Anyway, I'm excited about the idea of another four-person group. We know nothing of Serena, Clemont, nor Bonnie's personalities, but there's a few "firsts" being introduced with this group:

- 1st main group with two females/two males, instead of just one female
- 1st main group (presumably) without an older main character
- 1st main group to avoid the potential of having the horrible Iris in it (okay, this one is just biased :p)

But you get the drift. I don't want to set my expectations too high, but I'm going to predict that I won't avoid this series like the plague, as I did with BW thirty episodes into it.

omg did you not read my last post there is no reason we cant have to main professors like i said one could be for mega evolutions and one can be just a regular professor like the past five

omg did you not read the official page sycamor is introduced as the main proffesor of the region why would they introduce him as the main profesor if patrice is the real one it makes no sense no

Well it was just announced in the games recently that Sycamore actually gives you a Kanto Starter of your chioce while the Kalos starters on the other hand, are given to you by one of your friends in the game. So it's not impossible.

oh my god! first/ there are quite a few shades of blond (strawberry bleach dirty many many more) second i cant believe we are arguing of her hair color

Who cares? I'm just happy we're getting a different hair color for the main girl than the last. That's all. It could be pink for all I care.

Also, Bonnie needs a pokemon. Something cute and small like Flabebe will be ok.

What's that rodent on top of Bonnie's head? Why don't we breathe a bit okay?

I don't see why everyone is up in arms about (possible) three blondes for main characters??? Does hair color really matter to all of you? Really, it's not that important, so stop whining. Sheesh.

Anyway, moving on. A four-way group this time around is really exciting! I feel like I'm back in the AG era. I can so see Clemont going geek overload when faced with TRio's mechas and stuff. That would be hilarious. And I hardly see Serena as a rival or girly girl character. I feel she would make an awesome main character, especially if we take her go-getter like game personality into play. If she also collects Gym Badges, that would really spice things up. I think she could really add a lot, and I'm hoping the writers do a good job with her. Bonnie doesn't seem like a bad idea, really. While Max was hard to stomach at times, he wasn't THAT bad, and after the plague known as Iris, I feel she'll be a breath of fresh air. I hope she has her own Pokemon, too. Flabebe would be a good choice for her, but also Swirlix and Spritzee would be viable options for her. I really think this new group will make the anime a better realm, especially after the horrendous nightmare known as BW really gave us a royal screw-job. So, while I'm not trying to get my hopes up (at least too high), I really feel pumped about this new setup. I think it could really revive the anime back to its former glory. Maybe then I won't avoid it at all costs like I did with BW, and make it worthwhile to turn on the TV again.

Also... WOBBUFFET IS BACK!!! HOORAY! All is right with the world (at least at the moment).

I'm honestly quite surprised of the inclusion of Clemont and Bonnie in the main cast. It was highly unexpected and it does surprise me as well that we don't have that older member of he group who's in their mid to late teens. Serena was kind of expected by me and I hope she'll be much more enjoyable that Iris was, plus I'm hoping the writers will do enough to set her apart from May and Dawn if they bring back contests.

So Clemont and Bonnie will join with Ash before Serena does. That makes sense.

Darn, you beat me to it. :p But yeah, based on the screenshot in these scans, plus their very brief appearance in that one preview, it looks like Clemont and Bonnie will be showing up first. I think this is the first time other characters have joined before the girl of a saga? ... Well, with Bonnie here we can't exactly call Serena the "girl", but you get my drift. :p

Okay, so they changed Clemont's glasses so he didn't look as weird....I kind of liked the look he has in the Sugimori Art, but as a main character, I understand while they did that.

Also, notice Inkay is holding onto Meowth and Wobbuffet it seems, so I'm guessing it's Team Rocket's like that toyline implied...also Pancham is right next to them and seems to be "yelling" like they are, so I bet he's with Team Rocket as well; pretty sure he was part of a toyline too alongside Wobbs and Inkay.

I am late to the party!! Could someone tell me what is confirmed so far?

Based on the poster, it seems like Serena, Clemont and Bonnie join the cast. It also seems like Team Rocket is returning based on Meowth and Wobbuffet being included with the other Pokemon too.

I also forgot to mention how cool it is to see Mega Lucario on the poster, if only because we get to see regular Lucario in the XY series at some point.

Wouldn't be surprised if Clemont turns out to be the Lumiose City Gym Leader. Since that's the first place Ash will visit, he'll probably meet him and Bonnie there and they'll decide to join them. And then they later meet Serena somewhere on the road. Most likely Vaniville Town.

omg did you not read my last post there is no reason we cant have to main professors like i said one could be for mega evolutions and one can be just a regular professor like the past five

omg did you not read the official page sycamor is introduced as the main proffesor of the region why would they introduce him as the main profesor if patrice is the real one it makes no sense no

Well it was just announced in the games recently that Sycamore actually gives you a Kanto Starter of your chioce while the Kalos starters on the other hand, are given to you by one of your friends in the game. So it's not impossible.

I guess? But given that his name is based on a tree like all the main professors, I can't help but think he's the main prof. Maybe GF decided to take a break from having the main prof giving out the starters for a while. Remember in B2W2 that it was Bianca who gave the starters and the pokedex to you? You don't even meet Juniper for while during the game.

If there is someone going by the name 'Patrice' by any chance, she's either
1. An assistant of Sycamore
2. A scientist with an optional sidequest - someone like Fennel

I'm currently neutral on the girls, but Clemont is certainly a pleasant surprise, and one I'm very optimistic about (his electric vole also looks even cuter in anime form than it did in the game art, so I'm sold there too). I have him pegged as a geek/nerd type in something of Conway's vein (although with presumably less of the stalker vibes) which is definitely something I can get behind. :)

also Pancham is right next to them and seems to be "yelling" like they are, so I bet he's with Team Rocket as well; pretty sure he was part of a toyline too alongside Wobbs and Inkay.

It looks like that but I hope that you are wrong. I want Ash to get it!

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom