• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Wow, I was an IDIOT!" moments

Using a moon stone twice for 2 of the same Pokemon. I ended up having to get another moon stone from my girlfriend ... eh.

The first time I ever played Pokémon (as elaborated in this http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f313/how-did-you-discover-pokemon-150251/ thread), it took me an hour to get out of Pallet Town, because being a 6 year old, I followed the order not to go in the tall grass.

LOL, that must have been frustrating for your 6 year old self hah :p

I remember when I was about 8 or 9 and playing through Pokemon Gold I was stuck in Goldenrod city because of the suddowoodo thing and I had no idea where the water was to battle it. I ended up looking for hours and just playing the Pokemon bug contest because I didn't know what else to do, so I ended up restarting my game. I eventually found out where the water was and got through it though.

I remember when I was about 8 or 9 and playing through Pokemon Gold I was stuck in Goldenrod city because of the suddowoodo thing and I had no idea where the water was to battle it. I ended up looking for hours and just playing the Pokemon bug contest because I didn't know what else to do, so I ended up restarting my game. I eventually found out where the water was and got through it though.

Yeah that wasn't that much of an issue for me because ever since then I check EVERYTHING in videogames. Whitney was more of a problem...thanks for the like by the way!

Last edited:
When I was 11 or so, I saw the first Pokemon movie in the theater. At the very beginning in the opening credits, Ash's Squirtle uses Bubble/Bubblebeam to defeat a Machamp. Somehow it got in my mind that Bubble/Bubblebeam were super-effective against fighting types, but only on Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise (how else would a little Squirtle beat a big bad Machamp, right? lol). I then proceeded to delete Hydro Pump for Bubblebeam (via TM) on my Blastoise. Both were a bit of a waste though because I already had Surf, lol.

That was another issue I had early-on playing Pokemon. I would have multiple damaging moves of the same type on a Pokemon (i.e. Ice Beam AND Blizzard on Articuno).

That was another issue I had early-on playing Pokemon. I would have multiple damaging moves of the same type on a Pokemon (i.e. Ice Beam AND Blizzard on Articuno).

Same here. Although that's not so much a moment as it is a period of time...

Yeah that wasn't that much of an issue for me because ever since then I check EVERYTHING in videogames. Whitney was more of a problem...thanks fro the like by the way!

No problem :p and yea Whitney was a pain lol.

Not sure if this counts, but when people use to always talk about rumours and glitches for pokemon, a friend told me that in pokemon g/s if you finish the game fast enough you can enter the safari zone. I reset and tried this. Of course I found out this wasn't true hah.

Wow. So many fond members!

-Fighting Misty with a Charmander then remembering when Ash got his that fire types are weak against water
-Teaching Pikachu Thunderbolt then realizing a few years later that he learns it naturally
-Never remembering what gym allows me to use certain HM's out of battle
....No matter how many times I play Emerald I always forget:
-Where team Magma goes after they get the meteorite
-How to get into the last gym

I think that's all I can remember lol

I'm sure I'm not the only one who used Shadow Ball against Girafarig, not reading the text, and using it again (or multiple times) before getting the hint that it was a Normal-type :p

In Silver, Crystal and SS, I beat Jasmine before I even stepped foot into Chuck's Gym. So yeah, I'd end up inadvertently skipping a Badge. I don't know why, but I keep forgetting that he exists. >_<

> wasted both my Toxic and Sunny Day TMs in Emerald ... on an Oddish that I raised a few levels and never used again
> wasted Giga Drain on a Seedot ... also raised a few levels and never used again

I was a real dummy as a kid. x_x

> wasted both my Toxic and Sunny Day TMs in Emerald ... on an Oddish that I raised a few levels and never used again
> wasted Giga Drain on a Seedot ... also raised a few levels and never used again

I was a real dummy as a kid. x_x

You should have trained the Seedot. Shiftry are surprisingly useful in Gen III.

I've definitely done the whole EQ on Levitaters and Shadow Ball of Normal types a few times.

When I was battling a friend I kept using Earthquake on his Charizard and I was wondering why it didn't affect it. Mind you I was munching on a delicious pop tart.

I first joined the Pokémon fandom when BW came out and I was probably one of the stupidest trainers.
The only Pokémon I actually trained was a Samurott that only knew water type moves. So I battled a fisherman who only had level 40 Jellicent and that had Water Absorb. Samurott was on like level 50 while everyone was like 17.
You dont know how long it took to loose that battle.

Oh and I traded a SHINY KINGLER FOR A FRIGGEN PIGNITE

Trading off a Victini to get a level 100 Jirachi to try and trade for a shiny Gengar. The stupid Gengar looked familiar but I tried to trade for it anyway...aaaand it was gone. I blew a Victini for nothing!

...um, that really didn't sound right... :sweat:

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom