• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon announces GottaCatchEmAll.com: New sweepstakes website unveiled

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADMIN EDIT: Missing the point, are we?

Last edited by a moderator:
So this was the surprise they teased on Monday?

Well to be honest here, I'm disappointed. I was hoping for some other thing related to XY. But I guess it's a fun enough challenge to do. Shame that there's really no point for me doing it.

Pokémon announces GottaCatchEmAll.com: New sweepstakes website unveiled

The official Pokémon Twitter has announced the new site GottaCatchEmAll.com. This site runs sweepstakes where users must search the internet for passwords.

Read more on Bulbanews

Guess what I just found? ALL THE PASSWORDS.

Gotta Catch 'em All! - News - Marriland

I also just tweeted this to all three of your twitter handles (@trumpetguy91 is my handle).

Enjoy, everyone! :)

We're aware that the codes are out there.

We also don't want Bulba involved in spreading them. There are many reasons why.

For one, we don't know how Nintendo would react to us spreading them. (Whether or not its legal for us to spread them isn't relevant: if Nintendo decide they're unhappy with us, they have plenty of legal ways to cause us massive pain, because a lot of our content is legally dodgy to begin with (it comes with being a fansite). There have been cease and desist to fansites in the past that basically asked them to take down their entire site over leaking one piece of new. Sometimes the risk is worth taking, but for helping people cheat in a contest, it's just not.

For another thing, there's a whole matter of fairness - we don't want to be part of giving an unfair advantage to people in the contest.

So please do not post the codes on Bulbagarden at all.

Pretty lame, I was honestly hoping for a goofy English-language webseries in the vein of PokeSmash.

If they're not giving out the passwords, I can assume that they are either not allowed to legally, or that the passwords are randomly generated.

What I want to know is where are these lists of prizes and Pokémon coming from?

We're legally allowed to and they are not random. Higher powers requested that I didn't publish passwords or links to the pages you can find them on.
Well is it OK if I post them? Face it, they're gonna be leaked.

Edit: music91 posted a link to them all anyway.
http://www.marriland.com/news/4926-gotta-catch-em-all

I'd enter, but there's honestly nothing special about the prizes. If there were some plushies up for grabs it'd be a different story.

Can someone help me? What kind of sites are we looking at?

I won a code to download a free Booster Pack for the trading card game, which I really don't care about, so is it okay if I share the code with someone here? None of my friends care about the trading card game either. I would PM it, because this code can only be used once.

EDIT: code already given away

Last edited:
I'd enter, but there's honestly nothing special about the prizes. If there were some plushies up for grabs it'd be a different story.

Apparently according to the side bar, Plushies are on the prize menu. Unless I'm taking the picture wrong and they're the prizes you can't win through the drawing?

Apparently according to the side bar, Plushies are on the prize menu. Unless I'm taking the picture wrong and they're the prizes you can't win through the drawing?
Is there? I was reading the prize list on Bulbagarden which doesn't seem to mention them, but if there really is maybe I will participate.

I think it's pretty lame that the non-digital prizes are limited to the USA. Come on Pokemon 'International.'

Is there? I was reading the prize list on Bulbagarden which doesn't seem to mention them, but if there really is maybe I will participate.

gceaside.png

I didn't go to the actual site :s

Guess I'll enter then. Too bad I have no clue whatsoever how this works.

The list in the article mentions "16 Pokémon Plush Toys"

So many people breaking this sweepstakes

4KU-7Y3M-AVK-TTP also, free TCGO pack cose that I will never use, you guys can have it.

Any tips for finding the codes? I honestly have no idea what to look for and if it's "find something suspicious, click" or just go to spots and look for hidden codes.

Ummm....It...is...In fact, one of the prizes is a 3DS XL and a digital copy of either X or Y, and which version you get is up to you.

Yea, just Pikachu, Froakie, Fennekin, and Chespin though. Pretty cute too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom