• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New XY trailer + Official Site Updates

Since people were already making the comparison, I took the game-art for Leaf and the anime-art for Serena. On top of their similar clothing, they seem to be doing a similar pose. I thought it was a quite wierd pose the first time I saw it, but maybe it's to make Serena more similar to Leaf? Or maybe not...
LeafNSerena.png

Wait what did Serena say in the trailer?

And what if that news reporter was Rhonda and Jack hit her and she fell out of the Helicopter XD

That news reporter reminded me of the same one that was seen in Pokemon 3 the movie.

This series is looking more interesting by the mintue.

"That has to be that boy from back then!" (flashback of young Ash) "All right, I've decided."

Hero worship detected. 10 cents Ash probably doesn't remember the poor girl...

@Pikacuh; It's highly unlikely that Ash will receive all three starters. Serena is confirmed to be a new trainer, so she'll probably end up with a starter Pokemon. Think her partner Pokemon could be something else? Well, maybe, but in the trailer it looked that Serena was at the Professors lab choosing a Pokemon, so I doubt it.

I definitely think he'll end up obtaining that Froakie though. Serena with Fennekin, and maybe Clemont with Chespin? Not really sure about the Clemont and Chespin pair, but who knows... Maybe he won't end up being a mono-electric trainer/gym leader.

My thoughts overall? Wow... I just can't wait.... For it all. The games, anime, the fanart the manga and tcg (even though i don't participate in either of those). The art style looks FANTASTIC. Everything is so clear and beautiful. I think it's really cool how they threw Ash into an intense battle at the beginning of the saga. So that takes my worries away of another reset/decrease in his battle skills. All in all, I'm so pumped.

@Pikacuh; It's highly unlikely that Ash will receive all three starters. Serena is confirmed to be a new trainer, so she'll probably end up with a starter Pokemon. Think her partner Pokemon could be something else? Well, maybe, but in the trailer it looked that Serena was at the Professors lab choosing a Pokemon, so I doubt it.

I definitely think he'll end up obtaining that Froakie though. Serena with Fennekin, and maybe Clemont with Chespin? Not really sure about the Clemont and Chespin pair, but who knows... Maybe he won't end up being a mono-electric trainer/gym leader.

My thoughts overall? Wow... I just can't wait.... For it all. The games, anime, the fanart the manga and tcg (even though i don't participate in either of those). The art style looks FANTASTIC. Everything is so clear and beautiful. I think it's really cool how they threw Ash into an intense battle at the beginning of the saga. So that takes my worries away of another reset/decrease in his battle skills. All in all, I'm so pumped.

I wouldn't say that it's unlikely for him to have all three starters, it is possible that Serena might have something else for her partner, but this series is looking good so far.

I wouldn't say that it's unlikely for him to have all three starters, it is possible that Serena might have something else for her partner, but this series is looking good so far.

It IS unlikely for him to have all 3 starters. It is so obvious that Fennekin will belong to Serena. Just wait and see...

It IS unlikely for him to have all 3 starters. It is so obvious that Fennekin will belong to Serena. Just wait and see...

Well even if he doesn't get all three of the starters it won't be a surpise to me. It is possible that Fennekin will be with Serena, but you don't know that for sure which Pokemon will be Ash's.

I'd rather Serena pick Chespin instead of Fennekin, mainly because no female companion had a Grass-type as her main Pokémon. May had a Torchic, Dawn has a Piplup, so why not give Serena a Chespin? Though the trailer might suggest she will have that awkward Fennekin instead of the Grass cutie.

As of Ash, I hope he picks Froakie and only Froakie. I wouldn't mind a AG-like scenario in which each protagonist have one of the starters, besides the kids (Max and Bonnie). I just want him with a fully evolved Water-type starter and having the three starters would make this very unlikely to happen, sadly.

And what if that news reporter was Rhonda and Jack hit her and she fell out of the Helicopter XD

i could hear Ash or someone saying "someone get a shovel. that aint MY job!"

The trailer looks really exciting. Pressing all the right buttons with me. But on Clemont's voice... Is that Yuuki Kaji?

I'd rather Serena pick Chespin instead of Fennekin, mainly because no female companion had a Grass-type as her main Pokémon. May had a Torchic, Dawn has a Piplup, so why not give Serena a Chespin? Though the trailer might suggest she will have that awkward Fennekin instead of the Grass cutie.

Preferably, I would like Serena to pick Chespin too, but I feel that the chances are slim to none.

One question, what move did Garchomp use? Hyper Beam? Dragon Pulse?

Looks like Hyper Beam too me.

This keeps looking better and better, Ash really does look older and more mature here, this animation is doing him justice :)
Love that shot of him confronting that Pokemon on that tower, he looks really good in that s scene, need avatar of that :)

We see more of younger Ash, too adorable and Serena's relationship with him is getting more and more interesting by the minute, can't wait to see it unfold.

I'm also liking Bonnie a lot, can't wait to see her interactions with Ash, hope it's brother sister like :)

Really looking forward to this series, waiting is going to kill me. Hopefully we get more clips or some thing till than.

That trailer looked amazing. I'm already getting good vibes from Clemont and Bonnie. They look like they'll be an interesting duo. More so than May and Max. Interesting to see how Serena and Ash's relationship will turn out to be, especially with how cool he's looking right about now, who could blame her for crushing on him? This dude's finally looking like a real anime protagonist. Fighting Garchomps on top of buildings; how cool is that?

As for Serena herself, the interest in fashion kind of turns me off just a bit. I was hoping she'd have some sort of goal pertaining to Pokemon, but, who knows for now? Better to just wait and see.

What really got me wondering was seeing Giovanni in the Official Art. I wonder what's planned for him. I also hope this is a sign that Team Rocket will be staying serious this time around.

So much for that whole 'Best Wishes was a reboot' mentality/paradigm people were pushing, right?

Seriously, just because they re-stated he was still 10 last year doesn't mean they completely threw out any and all old plot points. Cynthia was proof of that when she appeared in Best Wishes, and Serena just continues to prove it.

What really got me wondering was seeing Giovanni in the Official Art. I wonder what's planned for him. I also hope this is a sign that Team Rocket will be staying serious this time around.

I don't know. The "being serious" thing backfired and a lot people seem to like them better as comic relief idiots. The fact that the blue turd is coming back can't be a good sign... :uhoh:

If they could walk a middle ground again like in Kanto and later BW (especially DA), that would be nice. But after the mixed reaction to the roller coaster they've been through in recent years, the producers might give and have them go back to being the 3 Stooges of Anime again :scared:

So Ash only have one starter right now Froakie, makes me wonder if he will have the other two starters Chespin and Fennekin.

I'm really starting to like this series.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom