• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Serena's goal : What do you think it is?

Maybe Serena is supposed to be based off Leaf in someway since they are childhood friends. I mean if you look at her from an angle, her hair and hat could be portrayed in that way. Maybe she knows Gary too. Now that would be much better than some crush.

Maybe she will find her goal in a few episode like how May did. She doesn't need to have one right off the back especially when she's a starting trainer.

This is my thought as well. I like to think that Serena doesn't have a goal yet, and maybe she decided to travel with Ash to see what she might want to do with her life.

I really hope she becomes a tough trainer and even seeks badges and enters the Pokemon League. c:

Probably a minor goal. Since we know that contests are not coming back. If so they would've promoted her more.

Serena goal luring Ash into a false sense of security, ravishing him, and slitting his throat in the dead of night before taking his wallet.
Or maybe to be a renowned Pokemon fashion designer. That'd be pretty cool, too.

It probably won't be to enter the Kalos League since the writers wouldn't want to have to produce two separate gym battles for every gym. I'm sure it'll have to do with trainer customization.

Theres something that just occurred to me that is a new feature of X and Y , which has been in the anime before (in a form) and could potentially work in the anime again if it were given alot of development. And that is air battles. Its not really likely to see Serena doing something with this but i think its just as likely as some of the other ideas suggested here. And it would certainly be different while still giving the possibility of interesting battles.

None of the starters seem suited for Sky Battles, though. Unless Fennekin really does become a witch flying on a broomstick. Which would be awesome.

I've got this idea that she either looks up to Ash and wants to follow in his footsteps because of that, or that she wants to beat Ash at his own game for some reason. Over the course of the series she'd learn the value of finding her own path rather than just following someone else.

People are saying that Serena need an actual goal to work towards, but in the end it doesn't really matter. It could be as noble as trying to surpass a boy who lost to a guy with 5 pokemon in the league or as asinine as following someone for years getting payback for a bike. In the end there we still know she will never reach it and will be dumped behind when gen 7 begins.

None of the starters seem suited for Sky Battles, though. Unless Fennekin really does become a witch flying on a broomstick. Which would be awesome.

I've got this idea that she either looks up to Ash and wants to follow in his footsteps because of that, or that she wants to beat Ash at his own game for some reason. Over the course of the series she'd learn the value of finding her own path rather than just following someone else.
I hope so. If she wants to beat gyms too, it could be cool. Ashs rival travels with him through a whole region.
And Fennekins final evo as a witch would not be good in my opinion.
And @Slkitzle; are you really sure on that Pikachu/Froakie/Clemont/Bonnie would save Ash?

You know, they've never done a fairly obvious goal for the anime: Pokemon Capture. It's so blatantly simple but nobody's ever actually set out to complete the PokeDex. And it is certainly part of the main quest of the game, different from Gym battles.

I like this idea. A Pokedex Completer would be an excellent ambition, it also ties into the recent revival of 'Gotta Catch 'em All!'

^ I actually think that'd be kind of boring, lol. I'd rather contests come back over something like that.

It's hard to say what Serena will be doing. We don't know yet if XY has any sidequest in the same vein as contests or musicals, so there isn't really much to speculate on about this. I've seen some posts on here and other forums about trainer customization being her thing, but I don't see how that is a goal. We know she is into fashion, so maybe she'll want to be some sort of Pokemon fashion designer or something. Maybe they'll have Pokemon fashion shows that she could enter.

I'm not as sure that would work as well in this setting, given how Pokemon are generally treated. A character who just caught Pokemon with no intention of interacting with them, just to put them in a collection, wouldn't mesh well with the friendship themes the show's got going. Though there are ways it could work- if it were a catch-and-release thing, or if she focused on catching a smaller set of rare Pokemon, or if her goal was more like "meet them all" and she only caught the ones that tickled her fancy or that bonded with her.

There's also the fact that the professors in the anime don't sit around waiting for kids to fill out the Pokedex for them, but that just means the phrase "complete the Pokedex" won't be used.

Maybe the writers can just make something for her to do that has nothing to do with the games similar to how Ringer was. That way it will be original. Or they can let her do Ringer since she's shown with a bird on her head.

Maybe Serena is a spy for Team Flare, after they heard of how this Ash fellow tends to curbstomp all over the other villain gangs :p

^ I actually think that'd be kind of boring, lol. I'd rather contests come back over something like that.

It's hard to say what Serena will be doing. We don't know yet if XY has any sidequest in the same vein as contests or musicals, so there isn't really much to speculate on about this. I've seen some posts on here and other forums about trainer customization being her thing, but I don't see how that is a goal. We know she is into fashion, so maybe she'll want to be some sort of Pokemon fashion designer or something. Maybe they'll have Pokemon fashion shows that she could enter.

Yes, because a Pokedex Completer would be so much less boring than a Pokemon Breeder who never breeds his Pokemon, or a Sommeliar who rarely makes use of his ability and needs to think up one-off passion-based specialities (like fishing) instead, or a Dragon Master who only ends up with two dragon type Pokemon and around 5-6 Dragon Tamer battles, right?

I don't think it'd mess with the vibe of the show at all - it only does if you think of it in the mechanical way the games are set out. What if she wants to befriend every Pokemon from every region, effectively having the opposite attitude to Gary (who collected Pokemon without considering their feelings). Remember, the Pokemon all go back to her original Professor she registered with. All of Ash's old Pokemon still like him, so I don't she why they couldn't have her doing that with her Pokémon. Maybe she'll challenge herself by using the different types of available Pokeball? Who knows.

I still think a Collector would be a million times more interesting than a Pokemon Fashionista. I'd rather not have generic competitions that are an almost exact copy of a Pokemon Contest again!

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom