• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nintendo Dream interview reveals new mechanic changes: Exp share changes and other de

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Nintendo Dream interview reveals new mechanic changes: Exp. Share changes and other decisions ...

An interview with Game Freak featured in the "Nintendo Stadium Returns" booklet, found in November's issue of Nintendo Dream, revealed new mechanic changes along with some of the decisions made regarding how Mega Evolutions work, and the distribution of moves and abilities.

Read more on Bulbanews

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Nintendo Dream interview reveals new mechanic changes: Exp share changes and othe

the article said:
The item Exp. Share will revert to Exp. All as in Generation I, where when one Pokémon holding this item participates in battle, all other Pokémon in the team receive experience as well. Unlike in Generation I, the experience is not split but rather received by all Pokémon. This means that the participating Pokemon receive 100% experience, while non-participating Pokémon receive 50% experience.
Praise the heavens above! I only wish I had a gif to better express my elation.

Re: Nintendo Dream interview reveals new mechanic changes: Exp share changes and othe

Sounds like many things is getting changed in X & Y, though the Exp. Share to Exp. All was the biggest surprise to me.

I'm glad that i'll be able to send my Gengar at Sky Battles.

The Exp. All was a great and welcome surprise! And the experience division seems to be changing too and it is great for our trainings. Exp. All, Hordes, experience when capturing pokémons... Could this Exp. All give EVs also for non-participating pokémon?

At last, "cuter" battles are far from being a problem, provided that they are finally 3D.

I don't like the idea you will gain experience just by catching Pokémon. This will make EV training even harder.

I don't like the idea you will gain experience just by catching Pokémon. This will make EV training even harder.

How so? It's the same result no matter the outcome.

How so? It's the same result no matter the outcome.

Unless wild pokémon don't give EVs any longer, if I find a rare pokémon while EV training, I won't be able to catch or it will spoil all the training.

Unless wild pokémon don't give EVs any longer, if I find a rare pokémon while EV training, I won't be able to catch or it will spoil all the training.

Ok, I can see your point there, but let's see if the new methods of EV training is going to outweigh the old and traditional method.

So Pokemon like Volcarona and Beedrill that're obviously flying but don't have the type or ability can't be used in Sky Battles? That kinda sucks.

One capture won't completely spoil your training. You have 2 points out of 512 that're completely useless to begin with, and if you overshoot that you can just use a single EV-lowering berry on the stat you don't want anything in.

They could make it so capturing won't distribute EVs, only experience (well, that would be sensible thing to do, anyway).

Sky Battles are limited to Flying-type Pokémon and those with the Levitate Ability (as previously confirmed). Some moves can't be used.

That better include Stealth Rock.

I'm not too sure if I like the changes to EXP Share. I'm glad that the experience isn't split up like it was in Gen 1, but if I only want to train one Pokemon at a time, this means I'll have to dump the others in the PC, and I'm not sure if I like the hassle of having to do that. But on the other hand, since the exp isn't split, this may make grinding an entire team much more quicker. That I do like.

So Pokemon like Volcarona and Beedrill that're obviously flying but don't have the type or ability can't be used in Sky Battles? That kinda sucks.

One capture won't completely spoil your training. You have 2 points out of 512 that're completely useless to begin with, and if you overshoot that you can just use a single EV-lowering berry on the stat you don't want anything in.

You mean out of 510. Well, if we can only get berries as in Black/White, obtaining those berries will be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom