• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Moves/Abilities

You know what would be a great idea? An entry hazard with a 10% chance of an instant K.O!

An user on youtube named emperorznb just claimed that Moon Blast is 65 base power with 90% accuracy in his video about Xerneas.

Here's a gif of that move that Yveltal was using. Interestingly, it seems to be popping out from behind the Talonflame. Maybe it's something like "Backstab"? Or it learns Shadow Force?

ykqupzW.gif

You know, after seeing this badass move...I'm even more happy with my choice to get Y. I'm gonna wreck all kinds of shit with Yveltal and look awesome doing it.

Last edited:
Here's a gif of that move that Yveltal was using. Interestingly, it seems to be popping out from behind the Talonflame. Maybe it's something like "Backstab"? Or it learns Shadow Force?

ykqupzW.gif

You know, after seeing this badass move...I'm even more happy with my choice to get Y. I'm gonna wreck all kinds of shit with Yveltal and look awesome doing it.

I'm thinking it's either shadow force or a new move. Hoping shadow force though.

i could also see it called like 'sneak attack' and being a dark type attack. or ambush. then give it to pokemon like weavile.

Poor Talonflame, graphics look pretty good on it though. Definitely prefer Yveltal to Xerneas

Damn it, now I want to play Y because of bad ass Yveltal and that bad ass move (seriously, best move animation I've seen in XY so far). Though I don't know if I can give up Xerneas and Mega Mewtwo X just yet.. but Y has Spritzee. Oh, Game Freak, stop making it hard for me!

I kind of hope it's a new move though, cause I want Shadow Force to stay exclusive to Giratina.

The only reason I couldn't see it being something as simple as something like Ambush is because of that portal. Sneaking behind the enemy to stab them in the back is very different from coming through some dimensional portal, which is why I can't see this move being learned by most regular pokemon.

assuming it isnt shadow force (though the ghostly fires that appear with the portal make it seem likely) i would hope its a dark type move that pokemon like weavile have access to.

That move looks pretty cool and way more interesting that the other one Yveltal usually uses in the trailers. I still like Xerneas' Geomancy better though.

A Dark-type sneak attack move that automatically triggers on switch-in could be interesting...

I thought of an ability where neither the user or the foe can use status affects. Maybe called "Honorbound"?

Also, a move, possibly called "Slander" that is used in 2-v-2 battles to make an anemy wary of their partner, possibly causing them to attack their partner (it could also make them wary of their trainer, ignoring orders).

Last edited:
A Dark-type sneak attack move that automatically triggers on switch-in could be interesting...

Combined with switchout moves it would be too op.
It doesn't need to be. I mean, if it was 10 power, I'd say it'll be rather weak and not very useful. At 200 power, it's almost certainly overpowered. I think it's possible to find a middle-ground though.

It doesn't need to be. I mean, if it was 10 power, I'd say it'll be rather weak and not very useful. At 200 power, it's almost certainly overpowered. I think it's possible to find a middle-ground though.

40 power so a inverted pursuit?

40 power so a inverted pursuit?
That was around the power I had in mind. Would probably need a bunch of testing to see if it's right though.

10 power would probably be the highest it could go. Think about it, Switching is ultimate priority besides pursuit's trigger. So having damage just for a switch in is pretty crazy. If instead of a straight up switch you went with u-turn/volt switch then that's 70 power attack from the first and 10 power attack from whatever else (in this moment Yveltal). So as much as I like the idea of it I think anything beyond 10 power would be op, even just 20.

10 power would probably be the highest it could go. Think about it, Switching is ultimate priority besides pursuit's trigger. So having damage just for a switch in is pretty crazy. If instead of a straight up switch you went with u-turn/volt switch then that's 70 power attack from the first and 10 power attack from whatever else (in this moment Yveltal). So as much as I like the idea of it I think anything beyond 10 power would be op, even just 20.
you seem to have misinterpreted

its when your OPPONENT switches in

so its a reverse pursuit

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom