• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread (SEE FIRST POST!)

I read the preview, there is no mentioning of anything XY related.

So, what happens to this place when the next show comes? Forgot the name. Started with Get and had a star.

I read the preview, there is no mentioning of anything XY related.

Well there was an XY double battle... but it didn't show anything new. :p

Pangoro, Rhyperior, Slowbro and Ampharos vs Blaziken, Malamar, Gogoat and Shedinja, if anyone wants to know.

ZephyrSonic uploaded footage of that battle. It starts at 0:56.
This video confirms that each player can Mega Evolve one pokemon per battle.
Mega Ampharos has no HP change, but it seems to have increased Special Attack and Defense.

[video=youtube;O7K-IVFMidA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7K-IVFMidA[/video]

Last edited:
I didn't know Mega Ampharos had Mold Breaker. Cool!

Ampharos Mega Evolved at the start of the turn, then Slowbro attacked, then Gogoat attacked... then Ampharos attacked! That means Mega Evolving has priority at the start of the turn!

Does Mega-Ampharos have Mold Breaker? I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure one does not simply electrocute a Shedinja.

Did anyone notice how realistic the "fainting" looked in that clip? It was just like the Stadium games, only more fluid and better designed. I find that totally awesome. No more just falling below the screen. This is getting good.

Since Slowbro used Trick Room on the turn before Ampharos was sent out, and Gogoat attacked after Slowbro but before Mega Ampharos, it seems that Gogoat's base speed will be rather low. I doubt Mega Ampharos will have increased base speed, so Gogoat's base speed should be between 30 and 55.

Does Mega-Ampharos have Mold Breaker? I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure one does not simply electrocute a Shedinja.

Yes, it does. When Ampharos Mega Evolved, the ability screen with Mold Breaker popped up.

It kind of annoys me that Malamar's main purpose seems to be to get rid of stat drops after moves with Topsy-Turvey and turn them into stat buffs. I want to see it actually kill something.

Seems so, yeah. It's speed seems slow (probably purposefully) so that it's Topsy-Turvey goes after it's partner's move, that or the move itself always goes after your partner, or something. Though granted, the two pokemon it's shown doing this too (Mega Blaziken and Noivern) are no doubt swifty.

It also seems to have the Defence stat level of a newborn Azurill. Or they purposefully EV/IV'd/did strange things to ensure that they could get rid of Malamar once its gimmick was displayed in the battle.

Why is Megahorn animation a spinning horn? That's so freaking funny. And it's so stupid that they didn't know that Mega Ampharos has Mold Breaker, because when Morimoto mega evolved the thing, there is a message on the screen said Mega Ampharos' Mold Breaker.

Back
Top Bottom