• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW142: My Dream, Pokémon Master!!

Yeah, that annoyed me too. We have all of Pocket Monsters XY to enjoy the new Kalos Region pokemon while we'll probably have to wait another four years or so before we get to see all of Satoshi's pokemon together like this again.

Maybe it was a case of having to get a bunch of VAs together for what would have been a small scene. At least his older Pokemon were acknowledged, which is more than I expected of BW to be honest.

I think what distinguishes Gary from the other rivals is that Gary is his childhood friend more than anything. In my opinon, t's not that the fantasies showed the rivals except Trip and Paul, but the fantasies showed Ash's biggest friends, and those friends are his traveling companions and Gary.

I agree. At least with that fantasy appearance that means Gary has still appeared in every series.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah! :202:

But moving on from basically the whole point of the episode ( :202: ), did anyone else find Fushigidane's voice to be kinda off? Obviously Megumi Hayashibara's a bit out of practice :p

I'm also confused why people think Satoshi's an abnormally horrible son. Most adults don't give a flying frisbee about their parents either until they're no longer around! I think it's the natural order of things for a child to always be looking forward and the parent to be always wanting the child. I'm not saying I agree with children neglecting parents btw, but Satoshi's behaviour is hardly unique and bless his cotton socks - he's only TEN years old! With a bit of maturity (and I have never seen a mature 10 year old boy) he would probably treat Hanako so much better.

Damn no Trip or Paul in the recollection of past allies fantasies. I know they weren't exactly close friends with Ash but they were still pretty important to him. Eh whatever.
Paul was definitely an important person in Ash's life, since Ash was the one who proved to Paul that power isn't everything, especially with Infernape. However, I can't really say the same for Trip. Their rivalry was basically "Heh, trainers from the Boonies are so pathetic..." and "WE'LL JUST SEE ABOUT THAT!!"

Satoshi and Shinji may have changed each other through their rivalry (I like to think Satoshi rotating his Pokemon around was based on seeing Shinji do that) and even earned each others respect but they certainly never became friends. Shooty... they weren't friends either, in fact Satoshi will probably remember Shooty as 'Some guy I met'.

Satoshi remembered his friends. Shinji and Shooty weren't friends.

Satoshi and Shinji may have changed each other through their rivalry (I like to think Satoshi rotating his Pokemon around was based on seeing Shinji do that) and even earned each others respect but they certainly never became friends. Shooty... they weren't friends either, in fact Satoshi will probably remember Shooty as 'Some guy I met'.

Satoshi remembered his friends. Shinji and Shooty weren't friends.

Trip and Paul are both memorable allies to Ash I mean he wasn't exactly close friends with either of them but if he does recall any of them he won't recall any of them as "some guy" or "some jerk" he will remember them as tough opponents that he enjoyed to face off against.

I always knew they weren't close friends but I'm sure Ash views them as friends I mean he wouldn't have given them goodbyes if he didn't view them in a friendly light.

Gary and Ash go back to when they were little kids. Trip and Paul were never as important to Ash.

Awwwwwww Ash remembered Gary :D !! I knew there was something special between them

The group picture of Ash and his pokemons really made me happy. Nice to see some old faces :D

Gary and Ash go back to when they were little kids. Trip and Paul were never as important to Ash.
Then where's Serena?
Obviously he's forgotten about her until he meets her again.

Serious answer: The writers are only including friends that both Ash and we as fans hold dear. Retconned friends don't matter. We're not even suppose to know about her until her debut, anyway.

Last edited:
Is it just Me or was Alexa just BETTER in this Episode and I REALLY Liked Wobbuffet THE MOST IN THIS EPISODE, I am Sorry BUT I JUST LOVED HIM.

I liked how they showed a picture of Ash with all of his Pokemon after the credits. Although only Bulbasaur of his older Pokemon were in this episode, the picture at least showed that he saw them as well and not just his Unova Pokemon and Bulbasaur.

It was cute when Bulbasaur used Solarbeam to signal to the other Pokemon that Ash was there. I liked that all of his Unova Pokemon used an attack each to send off Team Rocket.

Oh yes. It was around August 2010 when I started watching Pocket Monsters regularly. I just made it for the Suzuran Conference. And I was so pumped for Pokémon Black and White.
And the starting season of anime, Best Wishes.

From the beginning, I loved the animation and art style of BW, and the bright mood of the series. Great battles with great animation, that was something what DP barely had (outside of the League).
Iris was such a great change from all those girls who had traleved with Satoshi. She was wild and tomboy. I just love those kind of characters. Her Doryuzu reminded me so much of my all time favorite character of this anime, Satoshi's Lizardon. The episode where Iris and Doryuzu finally bonded made me cry. I mean, seriously. It's the one of only times ever this anime made me cry and there's less than five times I've cried while watching Pokémon. And I've been following the series since late 90's/early 2000's.. And Iris and her Doryuzu made it happen. It tells enough how awesome those two are.
Then, there was the totally cool Meguroko with sunglasses. I loved that guy when I first was him. And it was so awesome that se followed Satoshi and had that awesome episode with three Koaruhie messing with him, Satoshi and Pikachu. And the first evolution in the whole season, oh man. It was so amazing, whole new animation. Waruvile was even greater than before evolving. And he got even better after evolving into Waruvial. Well, gotta say that I still miss him saying "Wabi"...
One great change in these series was making Rocket-dan appear less than before. I totally got bored their shit during DP, so it was good change.
Satoshi's Isshu Pokémon were great. Pokabu was cute yet tough in battles, Tsutarja was calm and collected, and Mijumaru...well, I like him, too. Pokabu evolving into Chaobu was kinda weird at first, as I had to got used to his new voice...but now I love that "chao chao" he does!
Gym battles were great, specially after fourth gym: Yacon's gym, Dangoro evolving in totally epic way and defeating Doryuzu; Fuuro's gym, Kenhallow having that cool and engaging air battle against Swanna; extremely cold yet hot battle between Hachiku's Tunbear and Waruvile; and finally, Homika and that battle which totally rocked!
Tournaments, oh yes. I loved them all. They were great change from just doing pointless filler. Instead, they gave us some great battles with great Pokémon! The first tournament's final battle, Pikachu vs Doryuzu...animated by my favorite animator, Tamagawa...it was perfect.
League and all rivals. Their personalities were great, and those battles, too.
Episode N was quite a surprise for us all, right? They returned Lizardon, the best fire breathing dragon ever to the main cast! And he had that battle against Reshiram (well, only in the opening..but I can't even ask for more than that)!
Decolora adventure were so summery and funny end for these series.

Finally, the last episode...Satoshi returns to Masara, we see Mama-san and Barri-chan. Nice to see them again. To the Hakase's laboratory: long time no see, Fushigidane! Aside from Lizardon, you're my favorite of Satoshi's Pokémon, so it's really nice to see you again! And the Kentauros...nice to see them, too...but was it really necessary to stampede your trainer down...?
Whole Isshu team performing a team attack, yosh! And they were all left to laboratory...even Lizardon...which little disappoints me, as he worked so hard to get train at Lizafic Valley in the first place. But oh well, maybe he's strong enough already?
Satoshi remembering his past travelling companions, and Shigure...great to see them, too.

It was nice touch in the end add that photo with Satoshi with all his Pokémon at laboratory. What a great way end this series.
Overall...I've truly enjoyed these three years I spent watching every episode of Best Wishes. It's the first series where I've done so, so it's kinda remarkable...for me, at least.

Best Wishes...and onward to XY!

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom