• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, the EXP Share has an on/off button, according to its text...

...though given that it looks like a hat a Pokemon wears, it would have been better as a held item, and if the Pokemon holding the item battles, it shares its EXP.

Maybe different types of clothing have different cases? Like pants and shirts get a bottomless suit case, shoes get one of those under the bed shoe holders, glasses get Lens Case, hats get a bottomless hat box, ETC.

If not bottomless, maybe you can store things in your PC or something?

...though given that it looks like a hat a Pokemon wears, it would have been better as a held item, and if the Pokemon holding the item battles, it shares its EXP.

This on/off button thing could mean that it's no longer required that you let a pokemon hold it to work. You just have to turn it on and no matter which pokemon is fighting, all 6 would get experience.

Wonder what's that Lense Case is for? To carry the different glasses we brought for customization?

Edit. Also, if Exp Share is a key item. Then the potential for abuse is great. Imagine the experience we can get from elite 4 and champion. One pokemon fight, 6 pokemon get experience, and the best thing is that it's still in effect even if you switch pokemon.

If my memory serves me right, in an interview (probably the same as the exp share one), we were told we can take pictures in game, so I assume its for a camera.

Wonder what's that Lense Case is for? To carry the different glasses we brought for customization?

Edit. Also, if Exp Share is a key item. Then the potential for abuse is great. Imagine the experience we can get from elite 4 and champion. One pokemon fight, 6 pokemon get experience, and the best thing is that it's still in effect even if you switch pokemon.

If my memory serves me right, in an interview (probably the same as the exp share one), we were told we can take pictures in game, so I assume its for a camera.

Good point.

Edit. Imagine when you can turn on the Exp Share and let the pokemon in battle hold Lucky Egg at the same time. Grinding, shame on you.

Last edited:
Weird to get confirmation that Meowstic is an evolved Pokemon.

This on/off button thing could mean that it's no longer required that you let a pokemon hold it to work. You just have to turn it on and no matter which pokemon is fighting, all 6 would get experience.
I understand that....it's just that the fact that it still looks like a Pokemon has to wear it is a bit weird. It's obvious the Pokemon won't hold it since the leaker confirmed it as a held item.

I second on that, Zeta, Espurr does look like a baby pokemon instead of a basic one.

I understand that....it's just that the fact that it still looks like a Pokemon has to wear it is a bit weird. It's obvious the Pokemon won't hold it since the leaker confirmed it as a held item.

He only confirmed that it work like r/b/y and said nothing else. I'm assuming what he mean is that it work like the Exp. All by giving all pokemon experience instead of our past Exp. Share. He did not say it's a hold item.

I wonder if the separate Meowstic have their own evolutions too...

I personally love the sound of that exp share. Grinding has always been one of my biggest gripes in Pokemon, especially in the earlier generations, and now that we have this and from the sounds of it no longer a held item, it might just make grinding much more quicker and easier. I'm all up for this.

Exp. Share - So what about the EV gained? Do all pokemon in the party gain the same amount of EV, or none at all?

He only confirmed that it work like r/b/y and said nothing else. I'm assuming what he mean is that it work like the Exp. All by giving all pokemon experience instead of our past Exp. Share. He did not say it's a hold item.
Instagram

His instagram specifically says its a Key Item now. Typo on my post, I meant to write "Key item" instead of a held item.

One of the items is the sprinklotad. So no doubt you get to grow berries again. I know we saw a berry tree, but it didn't really look "waterable" but a watering can means it probably is, actually—unless it's just for harassing sudowoodo, >:p

I swear, if I were GF, I would make sure that that Canadian store will not sell anything ever again.

Some adults leak some things - kids no longer gain access to Pokemon games.

Seems fair.

Some adults leak some things - kids no longer gain access to Pokemon games.

Seems fair.

While I don't mind the leaks, I want to know the new pokemon available, but the thought of them getting the game 10 WHOLE days before me just make me want to punch whoever sell those game early because this time, Japan only get it 1/2 day early. How dare they. By the way, has GF or Nintendo already known about this?

Exp. Share - So what about the EV gained? Do all pokemon in the party gain the same amount of EV, or none at all?

That is a question that sadly, has not been answered.

Awwww..

The one battling gains full exp while the rest gain 50%. This was posted on serebii a few days ago(on the main page).

I know about the Exp. gains, but I was asking about the EV spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom