• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

I think Tyranitar was. And the Haxorus line was seen too (but not officially revealed iirc, it was more of a leak)
Haxorus isn't a pseudo legendary, Hydreigon is the pseudo legendary of Gen 5.

Last edited:

Oops, forgot Hyrdreigon existed. Then otherwise, I think only Tyranitar.

i will name the fairy evos Cupcake and Little Miss Muppet.

also, is it safe to assume that pretty much all of the pokes we've seen in the leaks or trailers will be obtainable in X/Y?

I think that the evolutions for Swirlx and Spritzee are okay. They weren't what I was expecting and I'm a bit disappointed in Spritzee's evolution in terms of both design and not being a Fairy/Flying type. I hope that there's another evolution for both of them, but I'm hoping to use Spritzee as my Fairy type in my Y team. Unless I come across another Fairy type that I'm really eager to raise while going through the guide, I doubt that I'll be too turned off from Spritzee's evolution to not use it.

If Spritzee doesn't evolve again, then it is officially out of my planned team, unless its 3D model makes its evolution look much better than the Sugimori art. Yes, I was hoping for a plague doctor-like evolution, so I can't say I am not disappointed. As of Swirlix's evolution, I was never a fan of Swirlix itself and the evolution only makes me like it even less. I will likely never train one.

Last edited:

Spritzee/Swirlix evo are not good. I prefer Swirlix evo(because it looks so ugly, its funny). How can GF do so many good pokemon but fail so much with others?

I really love both of the evolutions, I think they're adorable. I think it's good to have variety in Pokemon, I've actually realized when trying to come up with my own creatures that it's really not fun to make them all appeal to you as much as possible, they end up looking the same and not being all that unique or appealing (although that could just say something about my art abilities)

Anyway, I was really surprised by Spritzee's evolution, I disliked it extremely at first but now I think it's kinda cute, it seems almost like they pulled a fake out, making it look so much like a bird at first and then evolving it into a more mammilian looking creature.

Swirlix was less of a surprise but was still cool to see, I honestly was expecting a larger cotton candy creature (and I think I'm a lot happier with what they gave us, if it was what I expected it would probably look like a subpar fakemon). Food based mons generally appeal to me, and the fact that this thing looks so squat and humorous as well as reminding me of Snubbull a bit means I'm pretty much sold.

Everytime I look at Spritzee's evolution all I can hear is Hey Big Spender by Shirley Bassey.

Swirlix evolution is terrible. Swirlix actually got worse, something I didn't think possible.

I'm really disappointed with these evos, to be honest. Swirlix was cute and had a lot of potential (I've seen people suggest it becomes a llama, or a cotton candy sheep.) Instead they pushed the food aspect of it too hard and gave it such a generic, boring look. It doesn't really look like an evo either - it doesn't make it look like Swirlix grew or got stronger, but just melted into a blog and had whipped cream poured on it. It's better than Doublade, but I still don't like it.

Sorry Swirlix, you're either off the team or not evolving, ever.

Spritzee's evo is a little better, and actually looks like a good evolution to me. I know the plague doctor idea was never confirmed, but it was a great idea. But I guess it could be worse, right? I'm not really sure what they're going for in terms of design, maybe a bottle of perfume? At any rate, it looks like an evil Gremlin got down with a shiny Furby.

Swirlix evolution looks like Mime Jr and Snubbull have been bumping uglies.

I suppose that means not all fairies are obviously cute. The Swirlix evolution is one example of something that is usually perceived as ugly.

Thanks for reading.

Spritzee and Swirlix's evolutions names are apparently Aromatisse and Slurpuff.

Slurpuff reminds me of something from Little Big Planet. Aromatisse reminds me of a fat, street-walking woman.

Will any leaker begin to leak again please?!!
I want them so badly to.

They both look a million times better in the game than in their Sugimori artwork imo. Still not a fan of Swirlix and Slurpluff, but Spritzee and Aromatisse are alright.

I was hoping for Spritzee's evo to ba the mix of a plague doctor and a flamengo, which would have been awsome. Maybe they have another stage?

...Wow. I hate their in-game looks even more. D:

But Slurpuff is a great name.

Back
Top Bottom