• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea thread

I think that the anime pages should the transcript of that episode.

Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea thread

I think that the anime pages should the transcript of that episode.

This has been suggested in the past, and consistently turned down. Transcripts pose the risk of a legal nightmare, and they're simply not worth the risk. The official blurbs and detailed descriptions of the episode plots are more than sufficient.

I'm making an edit request, since the wiki is locked down. It's actually something simple: In the Mega Stone page, there's a list of mega stones by pokémon. The one who added Charizard accidentaly maintained the copypaste from the Mewtwo column, and so such pokémon is stated as being #150 instead of #006. Please correct it.

And by the way, a suggestion that can also be analized by the staff: I think I have a solution, that still hasn't been discussed, for the $1 page. Will it be possible for us to get rid of it on the lists of the wanted pages and of the actual articles if we redirect the dollar to the main page?

I'm making an edit request, since the wiki is locked down. It's actually something simple: In the Mega Stone page, there's a list of mega stones by pokémon. The one who added Charizard accidentaly maintained the copypaste from the Mewtwo column, and so such pokémon is stated as being #150 instead of #006. Please correct it.

Fixed.

"Staff of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky" is under Needed Articles. Turns out there was a staff listing for Explorers of Sky; there was a colon in the title after "Dungeon."

Cause of this redlink was found in the Staff2 template. Hopefully this template gets fixed with the right page title.

Fixed

Suggestion for [bp]Template:TrainerPoké[/bp].

Can the name section be updated to incude Mega Evolutions? The code would go after the current stage name and look like this:

Code:
{{#switch: {{{mega|}}}|yes=↔ Mega {{{pkmn|}}}|x|X=↔ Mega {{{pkmn|}}} X|y|Y=↔ Mega {{{pkmn|}}} Y}}

This may not be needed now, but should become relevant as we see more of Mega Evolutions in the anime. It could also apply to Red, if info about him in Pokémon Origins is added.

Xerneas and Yveltal have parallel abilities Fairy/Dark Aura, but are not listed as such like the Starter Abilities + Swarm

Could someone please comment my second suggestion from 6 posts before this one? It apparently got unnoticed, contrary to the first one. I mean this:
And by the way, a suggestion that can also be analized by the staff: I think I have a solution, that still hasn't been discussed, for the $1 page. Will it be possible for us to get rid of it on the lists of the wanted pages and of the actual articles if we redirect the dollar to the main page?
Even if the answer is no, I just want the explanation. Thanks.

That could work, but unlike the current setup, it doesn't make it clear why it exists. I think it is an inferior solution.

Here's a source which says that Letícia Quinto was Duplica's voice actor in Brazilian Portuguese. There's no Marisol Ribeiro in the cast.

Pokemon Universo: Elenco de Dublagem

I don't know if it's necessary, but I can prove with audio/video sources if there's someone in the staff who knows Portuguese.

I noticed some of the phone conversations with Yancy that I've had aren't listed on her page.

Below is code for the Lyrics section of the Can You Name All the Pokemon, Baby? page, complete with romaji and translation. Everything's locked down right now, so obviously I can't put it in myself. And since I can't preview either, I can't be sure the code is perfect, though I tried.

I copied and/or imitated a bunch from the translation of the original song (that the "Baby" remix is from) since so much was the same or similar, but (just FYI) I did deliberately change a couple of things. A minor change: "names of Pokemon" -> "names of the Pokemon". Larger: I added "Tell me" in front of the second "Can/Were you able to you say them?" in the refrain. The "Tell me" may not seem like a faithful translation at first blush, but IMO it captures some nuance that's lost with a simpler translation. Also, I think it's got better rhythm...at least for the remix song. Whether the same change would actually improve the original is more of a toss-up.

In mariginally related news, I don't know whether I'd trust that there even is a song Can you Draw All the Pokemon 2?. I tried to find anything about it, but I couldn't.

Code:
{|
|-
! Japanese
! English
|-
| <ab><sc>
{{tt|もしも お暇ならば|Moshimo ohima naraba}}
{{tt|歌を 歌いましょう ごいっしょに!|Uta o utaimashō goisshoni}}

Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey Baby,
Did You Know "POKEMON IERUKANA?" Like Pokemon Evolved This You Know?
If You Wanna Be Smart And If You Wanna Be Cool,
By The Year Two Thousand, Just Remember These Two Rules.
Just Dance A Little Strange And Remember The Names, One-fifty-one.
We Can All Do The Same.

{{tt|ピカチュウ/カイリュー/ヤドラン/ピジョン|Pikachū / Kairyū / Yadoran / Pijon}}
{{tt|コダック/コラッタ/ズバット/ギャロップ|Kodakku / Koratta / Zubatto / Gyaroppu}}
{{tt|サンダース/メノクラゲ|Sandāsu / Menokurage}}
{{tt|パウワウ/カラカラ/タマタマ/ガラガラ/フシギダネ|Pauwau / Karakara / Tamatama / Garagara / Fushigidane}}

{{tt|アーボ/イーブイ/ウツドン/エレブー|Ābo / Ībui / Utsudon / Erebū}}
{{tt|カビゴン/カブト/サイドン/ジュゴン|Kabigon / Kabuto / Saidon / Jugon}}
{{tt|ポリゴン/ディグダ/ドードリオ/ゲンガー|Porigon / Diguda / Dōdorio / Gengā}}
{{tt|ドガース/ルージュラ/ニャース/シャワーズ/クサイハナ|Dogāsu / Rūjura / Nyāsu / Shāwazu / Kusaihana}}

Hey! Hey! Hey!  {{tt|言えるかな|Ieru kana}} Baby?
{{tt|キ・ミ・は  言えるかな|Ki, mi, wa ieru kana}} Baby?
Hey! Hey! Hey!  {{tt|言えるだろう?|Ieru darō?}}
{{tt|ポケモンの  なまえ|Pokémon no namae}}

(One Two Three Four!)

{{tt|コクーン/ゴースト/イワーク/ヒトカゲ|Kokūn / Gōsuto / Iwāku / Hitokage}}
{{tt|ラッキー/ラッタ/オニドリル/コイル/レアコイル|Rakkī / Ratta / Onidoriru / Koiru / Reakoiru}}
{{tt|プクリン/ゼニガメ/ニョロゾ/トサキント|Pukurin / Zenigame / Nyorozo / Tosakinto}}
{{tt|ファイヤー/ブースター/フーディン/ブーバー/ストライク(アウト!)|Faiyā / Būsutā / Fūdin / Būbā / Sutoraiku (Auto!)}}

{{tt|キャタピー/ピクシー/シードラ/ライチュウ|Kyatapī / Pikushī / Shīdora / Raichū}}
{{tt|ヒトデマン/クラブ/ニドクイン/サンドパン|Hitodeman / Kurabu / Nidokuin / Sandopan}}
{{tt|アズマオウ/トランセル|Azumaō / Toranseru}}
{{tt|ドードー/タッツー/ガーディ/マンキー/ドククラゲ|Dōdō / Tattsū / Gaadī / Mankī / Dokukurage}}

Hey! Hey! Hey!  {{tt|言えるかな|Ieru kana}} Baby?
{{tt|キ・ミ・は  言えるかな|Ki, mi, wa ieru kana}} Baby?
Hey! Hey! Hey!  {{tt|言えるだろう?|Ieru darō?}}

{{tt|もしかして、イマクニ? 音痴?|Moshikashite, Imakuni? Onchi?}}
Well, let's try something a little bit different.
I wanna twist to some Rock'n Roll!

{{tt|オニスズメ/サンド/パラセクト|Onisuzume / Sando / Parasekuto}}
{{tt|スリープ/ビードル/カイロス/ピジョット/コイキング|Surīpu / Bīdoru / Kairosu / Pijotto / Koikingu}}
{{tt|マタドガス/フシギソウ/カメックス|Matadogasu / Fushigisō / Kamekkusu}}
{{tt|シェルダー/サンダー/リザード/ナッシー/ベトベトン|Sherudā / Sandā / Rizādo / Nasshī / Betobeton}}

{{tt|スミちゃ~ん!|Sumicha~n}} Hey! Guitar! Yeah!)

{{tt|ポッポ/ウツボット/プリン/ケーシィ/ベトベター|Poppo / Utsubotto / Purin / Kēshi / Betobetā}}
{{tt|ガルーラ/ギャラドス/ゴローニャ/ピッピ/イシツブテ|Garūra / Gyaradosu / Gorōnya / Pippi / Ishitsubute}}
{{tt|ゴルダック/オムナイト/ゴルバット/アーボック|Gorudakku / Omanaito / Gorubatto / Ābokku}}
{{tt|ニドラン(メス)/ニドラン(オス)/ナゾノクサ|Nidoran (Mesu) / Nidoran (Osu) / Nazonokusa}}

Pretty good!
{{tt|じゃ、次はおすもうさんになって歌ってみれば?|Ja, tsugi wa osumōsan ni natte utattemireba?}}
Let's go big boy!

{{tt|ニョロボン/カモネギ/ラプラス/ラフレシア|Nyorobon / Kamonegi / Rapurasu / Rafureshia}}
{{tt|カブトプス/ニドリーナ/バリヤード/マルマイン|Kabutopusu / Nidorīna / Bariyādo / Marumain}}
{{tt|フシギバナ/パラス/リザードン (ごっつぁんです!)|Fushigibana / Parasu / Rizādon (Gottsan desu!)}}
{{tt|コンパン/ヤドン/メタモン/ゴース/ビリリダマ (どすこい!)|Konpan / Yadon / Metamon / Gōsu / Biriridama (Dosukoi!)}}

{{tt|は~い、ヒロコです。|Ha~i, Hiroko desu.}}

Hi! Baby! It's me Raymond.
I've been waiting all day to hear that sweet...
voice... of yours...

{{tt|ごめんなさい。|Gomen nasai.}}
{{tt|いま、わたしはステキな人と、お出かけ中です。|Ima, watashi wa suteki na hito to, odekakechuu desu.}}
{{tt|ピーという発信音の後に、あなたの好きなポケモンを|Pī to iu hasshin'on no ato ni, anata no suki na Pokémon o}}
{{tt|10匹教えてください。|Juppiki oshiete kudasai.}}

Ahhhh...! Ahhhh...! Hiroko...
Wait! Wait! Wait!

{{tt|ふられちゃったみたいね。|Furarechatta mitai ne.}}

OK {{tt|イマクニ?|Imakuni?}}
{{tt|ここからポケモンの順番、前のと全然違うけどイマクニ?|Koko kara Pokémon no junban, mae no to zenzen chigau kedo Imakuni?}}
{{tt|言えるかな?|Ieru kana?}}

{{tt|ユンゲラー/カイリキー/マダツボミ/ハクリュー|Yungerā / Kairikī / Madatsubomi / Hakuryū}}
{{tt|キングラー/スリーパー/プテラ/ミュウツー|Kingurā / Surīpā / Putera / Myūtsū}}
{{tt|サワムラー/ゴーリキー/ニドリーノ/キュウコン/ミュウ|Sawamurā / Gōrikī / Nidorīno / Kyūkon / Myū}}
{{tt|エビワラー/スターミー/ペルシアン/スピアー/ベロリンガ|Ebiwarā / Sutāmī / Perushian / Supiā / Beroringa}}

{{tt|バタフリー/パルシェン/ポニータ/モルフォン|Batafurī / Parushen / Ponīta / Morufon}}
{{tt|ダグトリオ/ニョロモ/モンジャラ/カメール|Dagutorio / Nyoromo / Monjara / Kamēru}}
{{tt|ニドキング/ゴローン/ロコン/ミニリュウ/ウインディ|Nidokingu / Gorōn / Rokon / Miniryū / Uindi}}
{{tt|オムスター/ワンリキー/フリーザー/ケンタロス/オコリザル|Omusutā / Wanrikī / Furīzā / Kentarosu / Okorizaru}}

Hey! Hey! Hey!  {{tt|言えたかな|Ieta kana}} Baby?
{{tt|キ・ミ・は  言えたかな|Ki, mi, wa ieta kana}} Baby?
Hey! Hey! Hey!  {{tt|言えただろう?|Ieta darō?}}

{{tt|ポ・ポ・ポ・ポケモンのなまえ|Po-Po-Po-Pokémon no namae}}

Hey {{tt|イマクニ?|Imakuni?}} You are a great singer,
but your face...Wuh! huh! huh! huh!
Hey kids! {{tt|今度もイマクニ?が1匹言い忘れたけど、|Kondo mo Imakuni? ga ippiki iiwasureta kedo,}}
{{tt|なんだかわかるかな?|Nandaka wakaru kana?}}

| <ab>
''If you've got some free time,
let's all sing a song together!

Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey, baby,
Did you know "Can You Name All the Pokémon?", like Pokémon, evolved, this you know?
If you wanna be smart and if you wanna be cool,
By the year two thousand, just remember these two rules.
Just dance a little strange and remember the names, one-fifty-one.
We can all do the same.

{{p|Pikachu}} / {{p|Dragonite|Kairyu}} / {{p|Slowbro|Yadoran}} / {{p|Pidgeotto|Pigeon}}
{{p|Psyduck|Koduck}} / {{p|Rattata|Koratta}} / {{p|Zubat}} / {{p|Rapidash|Gallop}}
{{p|Jolteon|Thunders}} / {{p|Tentacool|Menokurage}}
{{p|Seel|Pawou}} / {{p|Cubone|Karakara}} / {{p|Exeggcute|Tamatama}} / {{p|Marowak|Garagara}} / {{p|Bulbasaur|Fushigidane}}

{{p|Ekans|Arbo}} / {{p|Eevee|Eivui}} / {{p|Weepinbell|Utsudon}} / {{p|Electabuzz|Eleboo}}
{{p|Snorlax|Kabigon}} / {{p|Kabuto}} / {{p|Rhydon|Sidon}} / {{p|Dewgong|Jugon}}
{{p|Porygon}} / {{p|Diglett|Digda}} / {{p|Dodrio}} / {{p|Gengar}}
{{p|Koffing|Dogars}} / {{p|Jynx|Rougela}} / {{p|Meowth|Nyarth}} / {{p|Vaporeon|Showers}} / {{p|Gloom|Kusaihana}}

Hey! Hey! Hey! Can you say them, baby?
Tell me, can you say them, baby?
Hey! Hey! Hey! You can say them, right?
The names of the Pokémon!

(One, two, three, four!)

{{p|Kakuna|Cocoon}} / {{p|Haunter|Ghost}} / {{p|Onix|Iwark}} / {{p|Charmander|Hitokage}}
{{p|Chansey|Lucky}} / {{p|Raticate|Ratta}} / {{p|Fearow|Onidrill}} / {{p|Magnemite|Coil}} / {{p|Magneton|Rarecoil}}
{{p|Wigglytuff|Pukurin}} / {{p|Squirtle|Zenigame}} / {{p|Poliwhirl|Nyorozo}} / {{p|Goldeen|Tosakinto}}
{{p|Moltres|Fire}} / {{p|Flareon|Booster}} / {{p|Alakazam|Foodin}} / {{p|Magmar|Boober}} / {{p|Scyther|Strike}} (Out!)

{{p|Caterpie}} / {{p|Clefable|Pixy}} / {{p|Seadra}} / {{p|Raichu}}
{{p|Staryu|Hitodeman}} / {{p|Krabby|Crab}} / {{p|Nidoqueen}} / {{p|Sandslash|Sandpan}} 
{{p|Seaking|Azumaou}} / {{p|Metapod|Trancell}}
{{p|Doduo|Dodo}} / {{p|Horsea|Tattu}} / {{p|Growlithe|Gardie}} / {{p|Mankey}} / {{p|Tentacruel|Dokukurage}}

Hey! Hey! Hey! Can you say them, baby?
Tell me, can you say them, baby?
Hey! Hey! Hey! You can say them, right?

Hey, Imakuni?, are you tone-deaf?
Well, let's try something a little bit different.
I wanna twist to some rock 'n' roll!

{{p|Spearow|Onisuzume}} / {{p|Sandshrew|Sand}} / {{p|Parasect}}
{{p|Drowzee|Sleep}} / {{p|Weedle|Beedle}} / {{p|Pinsir|Kailios}} / {{p|Pidgeot|Pigeot}} / {{p|Magikarp|Koiking}}
{{p|Weezing|Matadogas}} / {{p|Ivysaur|Fushigisou}} / {{p|Blastoise|Kamex}}
{{p|Shellder}} / {{p|Zapdos|Thunder}} / {{p|Charmeleon|Lizardo}} / {{p|Exeggutor|Nassy}} / {{p|Muk|Betbeton}}

(Sumi-cha~n! Hey! Guitar! Yeah!)

{{p|Pidgey|Poppo}} / {{p|Victreebel|Utsubot}} / {{p|Jigglypuff|Purin}} / {{p|Abra|Casey}} / {{p|Grimer|Betbeter}}
{{p|Kangaskhan|Garura}} / {{p|Gyarados}} / {{p|Golem|Golonya}} / {{p|Clefairy|Pippi}} / {{p|Geodude|Isitsubute}}
{{p|Golduck}} / {{p|Omanyte}} / {{p|Golbat}} / {{p|Arbok}}
{{p|Nidoran♀|Nidoran (female)}} / {{p|Nidoran♂|Nidoran (male)}} / {{p|Oddish|Nazonokusa}}

Pretty good!
Then how about you try singing the next part like a sumo wrestler?
Let's go, big boy!

{{p|Poliwrath|Nyorobon}} / {{p|Farfetch'd|Kamonegi}} / {{p|Lapras|Laplace}} / {{p|Vileplume|Ruffresia}}
{{p|Kabutops}} / {{p|Nidorina}} / {{p|Mr. Mime|Barrierd}} / {{p|Electrode|Marumine}}
{{p|Venusaur|Fushigibana}} / {{p|Paras}} / {{p|Charizard|Lizardon}} (Thankyouverymuchsir!)
{{p|Venonat|Kongpang}} / {{p|Slowpoke|Yadon}} / {{p|Ditto|Metamon}} / {{p|Gastly|Ghos}} / {{p|Voltorb|Biriridama}} (Hiyaah!)

Hey, this is Hiroko.

Hi! Baby! It's me, Raymond.
I've been waiting all day to hear that sweet...
voice... of yours...

Sorry, but,
I'm somewhere with a wonderful man right now and I can't take your call.
When you hear the beep, please leave a message with
10 of your favorite Pokémon.

Ahhhh...! Ahhhh...! Hiroko...
Wait! Wait! Wait!

You got dumped, huh?

OK, Imakuni?
From here on out, the order of the Pokémon is completely different from how it was before, but still, Imakuni?,
Can you say them?

{{p|Kadabra|Yungerer}} / {{p|Machamp|Kairiky}} / {{p|Bellsprout|Madatsubomi}} / {{p|Dragonair|Hakuryu}}
{{p|Kingler}} / {{p|Hypno|Sleeper}} / {{p|Aerodactyl|Ptera}} / {{p|Mewtwo}}
{{p|Hitmonlee|Sawamular}} / {{p|Machoke|Goriky}} / {{p|Nidorino}} / {{p|Ninetales|Kyukon}} / {{p|Mew}}
{{p|Hitmonchan|Ebiwalar}} / {{p|Starmie}} / {{p|Persian}} / {{p|Beedrill|Spear}} / {{p|Lickitung|Beroringa}}

{{p|Butterfree}} / {{p|Cloyster|Parshen}} / {{p|Ponyta}} / {{p|Venomoth|Morphon}}
{{p|Dugtrio}} / {{p|Poliwag|Nyoromo}} / {{p|Tangela|Monjara}} / {{p|Wartortle|Kameil}}
{{p|Nidoking}} / {{p|Graveler|Golone}} / {{p|Vulpix|Rokon}} / {{p|Dratini|Miniryu}} / {{p|Arcanine|Windie}}
{{p|Omastar}} / {{p|Machop|Wanriky}} / {{p|Articuno|Freezer}} / {{p|Tauros|Kentauros}} / {{p|Primeape|Okorizaru}}

Hey! Hey! Hey! Were you able to say them, baby?
Tell me, were you able to say them, baby?
Hey! Hey! Hey! You were able to say them, right?

The na-na-na-names of the Pokémon!

Hey, Imakuni?, you're a great singer,
but your face...Wuh! huh! huh! huh!
Hey, kids! Imakuni? left one out this time, too!
Do you know who it was?''</ab>
|}

The Pokémon that was forgotten was {{p|Rhyhorn|Sihorn}}, which came before Matadogas in the original but was left out in the remix.

Muscle Island - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

There are 3 mentions of "town" that should be "island", or so it seems to me. For the last, I suppose 4kids really could have called it "Ganga Town" instead of "Ganga Island", but I have no way to check that. But my point is basically that "Ganga Town" is not actually the Japanese name for the island like the trivia point says (it would be "Ganga Island"), 4kids just must have made two mistakes with that phrase (unless, of course, the Japanese epsiode didn't actually say "Island", but "Town" instead - but that would make the trivia point wrong in a different way, and again, I have no way check that).

Similarly...
Gavin - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Gavin's page says he's from "Ganga Town on Muscle Island", but that can't be true, not if the trivia point on the Muscle Island page is true. Either it should just say he's from "Muscle Island", or the Muscle Island page is misleading/wrong.

Re: Garchomp & Lucario

Problem: Extraneous category wikicode at start of article. It starts off with double square brackets.

This trivia point in the Dragon entry is misleading or wrong:
The Dragon-type generally resists the types of main-series Starter Pokémon types, with the exception of the Poison-type, which is Bulbasaur's secondary type.
Presumably this is talking about Grass, Fire, and Water (and the occasional Electric). However, it is unclear if it is only referring to the aforementioned types themselves (correct), the entire evolutionary family of those types (wrong), or just the unevolved form of those Pokémon (misleading).

It should either be edited to say that it resists the primary types of main-series Starter Pokémon, that it only resists the types of their unevolved forms, or it should also include Flying, Fighting, Ground, and Steel. I've provided better wordings for all possibilities below.

The Dragon-type resists the primary types of the main-series starter Pokémon.
The Dragon-type resists the types of all unevolved main-series starter Pokémon, with the exception of Poison, which is Bulbasaur's secondary type.
The Dragon-type resists the types of main-series starter Pokémon, with the exception of Poison, Flying, Fighting, Ground, and Steel.
Personally, I think the first wording is the best and what the original author meant, but the second works as well. The third just sort of seems arcane, and is implied using either of the other of the two wordings.

Back
Top Bottom