• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Mega Evolutions don't get their own separate dex entry or even an additional entry when you're viewing them in the Pokedex? From what it looks like, you see Mega Evolutions in the same screen you see form changes.

Kind of unfortunate given that the XY site actually seems to be giving them their own dex entry even if most of them are "The energy from Mega Evolution gave it long flowy hair!"

So the Mega Evolutions don't get their own separate dex entry or even an additional entry when you're viewing them in the Pokedex? From what it looks like, you see Mega Evolutions in the same screen you see form changes.

Kind of unfortunate given that the XY site actually seems to be giving them their own dex entry even if most of them are "The energy from Mega Evolution gave it long flowy hair!"

I don't really see why they would need a separate dex entry since they only take that form in battle and are not found Mega in the wild.

BTWs, there are only 418 fully evolved Pokemon - counting GVI. That's an average of about 69 new fully evolved Pokemon per generation. That is a far cry from "ruining it like Yugioh".

Further, Yugioh was not "ruined". It was not a monster collection series like Pokemon or Digimon where each individual card had its own personality, character, and diverse moveset. In Yugioh cards are individual parts of a larger whole meant to be discarded or pruned when more powerful alternatives present themselves - just like Magic the Gathering or any other TCG.

this is blurry, but it seems you can ride on mamoswine.

Instagram

It's blurry because that's not the original picture. Someone retook Josh's pic with their phone. >.> Here, this one is much clearer.

https://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vp/image/1381/16/1381161520280.jpg
I want that Calem's hair.

Also, hoping that the Togepi egg is a hint at Mega Togekiss. I know it's basically the default free egg Pokemon, but Togepi and Togekiss are two of my all-time favorite Pokemon.

Any confirmation on the leaks actually being a Beta Version? They do could improve some things like Goodra, Improve abit Zygarde design and maybe add another evolution to some pokemons.

I don't really see why they would need a separate dex entry since they only take that form in battle and are not found Mega in the wild.
The Pokedex is supposed to be an encyclopedia. Just because its a temporary form, doesn't mean that form doesn't have characteristics unique to it. For instance, without an entry and without the XY site, we wouldn't know Lucario's black markings were a result of intense aura energy surging through it (also suggesting there's a specific pathway aura energy follows). We wouldn't know Mega Charizard Y has superior flying prowess compared to its other forms or that Mega Charizard X's flames are more intense. We wouldn't know that Mega Blastoise's blast range is "six miles" or that Mega Mawile's mouths can be controlled independently.

Any confirmation on the leaks actually being a Beta Version? They do could improve some things like Goodra, Improve abit Zygarde design and maybe add another evolution to some pokemons.

If what we've seen came from games that were in stores, I doubt it's just a "beta version." Besides, what needs to be improved about those things? Goodra and Zygarde seem very complete to me.

Riding a Mamoswine? Holy crap. Loving the trainer's outfit in that picture too. Customisation is looking great so far.

And that dive scene looks...not legit.

With the spoilers I've seen of the game thus far, I can say that I don't mind the gym leaders or the Elite 4. However some of the new Pokemon from Kalos region disappoint me in design. It's really a love hate relationship with me right now with the new games. I'm loving the graphics and the chance at a new adventure, all the new challenges and special features, however I do not like the way that some of the new Pokemon look. Most of kalos pokemon I've seen so far just disappoint. Just want to know if I'm not alone in this.

People are still believing that crap? It's total bs. There is nothing realistic or cost effective about GF doing something like that. Never going to happen.

It was? I must've forgot about it then.

Guessing the Dive HM will have a small role like it had Gen V.

People are still believing that crap? It's total bs. There is nothing realistic or cost effective about GF doing something like that. Never going to happen.
Not to mention Masuda explicitly stated they wanted a global release so that people can recapture the feelings of Gen I where you're new to everything. Releasing even the beta version of the game would ruin that.

See the picture.

So the Hoenn guy wasn't just an elaborate hoax after all.

Wow. Game Freak actually put such a blatant hint in there.
I don't think thart this is hinting RSE remakes. And now it isn0't the time to discuss this.

I'd say "HOENN CONFIRMED!" as the top of my lungs, but let's be honest, that meme has gotten old at this point, let's enjoy Kalos for the moment...
Please not constantly mention Hoenn.

with everyone bitching about lack of new pokemon, why in the hell does ANYONE want a hoenn remake? i cannot fathom this at all in any way.

for all that is good and holy in this world please do not remake RSE.
I am tired of the fandom sometimes.

The statement is NOT made for announcing the release of RSE remakes, or at least it's not GF 1st intention when doing this.
The statement means that there's a facility whose origin is in Hoenn near the place where the player is. We can expect that is the Battle Fronteir but the battle facility has been named and is something that sounds France-y (I don't remember the name).

Given the info that I know and I don't know, I think that's the sidequest of the XY games, put in 1) late game, or 2) post game. And I understand why puttting the feature in a sidequest so late in the game (because players usually don't stop in the middle of the game to do a optional sidequest).

And if it's what I think, it's affected by Pokemon Amie.

A question, has someone found the Prism Scale?

Yes ma'am, ruler of the universe.... :[

Anyways, I dont think so.

People are reporting a Mega Tyranitar balloon seen in Super Training.

Legit? Fake? Why is it seen in Super Training instead of regular gameplay? I dunno.

Looks nice, though.

t73a.jpg

I decided to comment; I'm not sure why, but...

lol69

I'm an adult, and I made a 69 joke. Time to go back to coloring.

But seriously, only 69 is disappointing. I'd like some new Pokemon with my new region, not a team of old gen1-5 pokes + 2 XY pokes, which may or may not be my starter. :/ I understand WHY they did it; they spent a long time balancing the new type, as well as transferring everything to 3D and adding Megas, but... I don't like Megas if they're in lieu of actual new content. I hope they add some mid-generation Pokemon, or this Dex is incomplete and requires a full Dex+another Dex Upgrade to truly finish, or something...

Just please tell me that this garbage Mega mechanic didn't replace my adventure 100%. I know in my head it did, but I don't want to hear it.

EDIT: Before I get yelled at for calling the Mega mechanic garbage, hear me out.

1. Less actually new content. Oh, let's add some more frills to our old Pokemon and abandon the idea of new Pokemon.
2. They aren't even actually their own Pokemon; you get to use 1 per battle and it has to be off of another Pokemon.
3. Going to overcentralize the meta. Calling it now.
4. The designs are not even that great. "Oh, let's take our Pokemon and add FRILLS!" It makes a lot of them look WORSE
5. They're doing nothing but pandering to the damn Genwunners. (btw genwunners, I hate you)

"frills"

"frills"

"frills"

"FRILLS"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom