• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've also really grown to like the idea of only seventy Pokemon as well. If this were Gen IV, then I wouldn't like it because most of the Pokemon in that generation were ugly, but this generation has excellently designed Pokemon.
Seriously all the gen 6 pokemon look no better or worse than the ones in gen 4 and 5.

Um, lie.

Also, riding on a Mamoswine looks amazing. Not sure if I want one on my team, though.

Last edited:
http://i.imgur.com/9ma4Qjz.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/uRwWshh.jpg

So does this guy actually mention that his region is Hoenn or are we just assuming it's Hoenn because the fandom is Hoenn crazy?

I can't clarify this with the leakers I've been following since they probably haven't found this guy yet.

I'm intensely curious about this as well, especially since we've had reviewers mention there is something else Nintendo has been super secretive about and that we'll likely find out this week [I hope! >.>]

Also - Cerony, your avatar freaks me out xD

People are reporting a Mega Tyranitar balloon seen in Super Training.

Legit? Fake? Why is it seen in Super Training instead of regular gameplay? I dunno.

Looks nice, though.

t73a.jpg

I don't know what I expected it to look like.....but give it Sand Rush!

I've always thought Ruby and Sapphire were the worst of the series but again I'm likely one of the oldest people snooping around the thread as I was 11 when Red and Blue were new :p . After Gold and Silver , Ruby and Sapphire seemed like a step backward. So to be honest I don't really have a huge need for it. I was excited when Gold and Silver were made again though.

How old you are has little to do with ones beliefs vs the actual quality of something that exists so let's not play that card here.

of course it matters. If the first Pokemon game you played was Ruby and Sapphire you're more likely to want it. I however dislike the game and the region. I'm not sure what "Card" this is other than my expressing the reason that I don't care about Remaking them.(because I got spoiled from G/S)

Last edited:
I think Ruby and Sapphire were big improvement over the first two gens, and I played all of them. I don't think you having played those game too gives you a unique perspective on which is best. People have different opinions, deal with it.

I've always thought Ruby and Sapphire were the worst of the series but again I'm likely one of the oldest people snooping around the thread as I was 11 when Red and Blue were new :p . After Gold and Silver , Ruby and Sapphire seemed like a step backward. So to be honest I don't really have a huge need for it. I was excited when Gold and Silver were made again though.

How old you are has little to do with ones beliefs vs the actual quality of something that exists so let's not play that card here.

of course it matters. If the first Pokemon game you played was Ruby and Sapphire you're more likely to want it. I however dislike the game and the region. I'm not sure what "Card" this is other than my expressing the reason that I don't care about Remaking them.(because I got spoiled from G/S)
That logic makes no sense. My first pokemon game was Red (i been playing Pokemon since it came out) and if Leafgreen and FireRed never existed and they asked me now wich remake i would want, Gen 1 or Gen 3, i would say Gen 3 in a heartbeat.

Regardless I think this is better discussed in the remakes thread.

I think I'm going with Delphox, but Chesnaught is tempting. It definitely has the coolest design of the three, but Fire always feels more useful to me. Even if it isn't.

@DC85; I have no intention on arguing with you about this but I'll gladly compare and contrast information with you and leave it there:

- Going by everything you said, I'm a couple of years older than you and started with Pokemon Blue. Jump to the present and I'm at the point where I thoroughly cannot stand Gen I and even have a hard time looking at old favorites since I'm so sick of the place being put on pedestal.
Wasn't even all that great looking forward and laughable as a monster sim in comparison to other lesser known titles out there at the time.

- Despite enjoying Pokemon Blue, no because of how Blue presented itself and moreover, my exposure to other, better monster sims I was sorely disappointed with how G/S presented itself as a playable game. While I appreciate Crystal for TRYING to create a semi-Johto centric story (if not actually make a story), it along with its vanillia's are the weakest of the franchise due to its inability to balance its own existence with making everything it slapped in actually work.

-R/S while merely an "advanced" version of RB on paper (until you open up all its mechanics) touched all the right spots for me as a standalone game all while taking the actually workable mechanics thrown in the previous gen and made them WORK. Far as I'm concerned, the GS monsters didn't get a proper showing until Colosseum where they were the stars of the game.
No complaints at all, because this was where they got proper acknowledgement alongside Double Battles which were given more exposure.

You see, this is why I said age means nothing. First and foremost, I am a Gamer first and a fan very last. As a gamer, I'm not bound to blind loyalty to one type of brand in a genre (or any camp). Yet I learned to appreciate what each spice has to offer. I look for flexibility and progression above all. R/S (and mostly Emerald) had its problems but it was full of the what I wanted.

Likewise, I could care less for remakes/ports. Esp. if they're gonna come at the expense of another title. Not gonna lie though, if the other titles can get a green-light, then I have a "why the hell not?" stance for the games I enjoyed.

EDIT: To stay on topic: If that Tyranitar balloon is the real deal then Tar went full-blown advanced stage Kaijuu on us. Dunno about you but I'm ready to flee the city.

Last edited:
That Tyranitar balloon is interesting, but I'm not sure why they'd show its mega evolution in a mini-game.

It looks like it's sprouting wings with a fin/horn rising from its head. Or maybe that's the blurriness of the picture.

Mega Tyranitar... seriously? I'm still waiting on Mega Floatzel and other Pokemon that deserve Megas, not overused and overpowered Pokemon that we see in so many people's teams...

I think the point of the megamons was intended to cater to the most used pokemon, though. Which is truly unfortunate; I'd like to see one for Sandslash and Arcanine, but only Arcanine's was even rumored.

Also, I wouldn't complain if Eevee got a mega evolution as its "second" evolution for this game; I think it works better than what those Normal-evolution hopefuls advocate. Don't think it's happening at this point, though.

And if we don't get a wolf soon - I don't care what type it is - I'm gonna seriously flip my shit.

I think all the Pseudos will be getting Mega Evos. I think it's quite likely that Venusaur and Blastoise will be getting X/Y splits as well.

Am really disapointed with Zygarde, it doesn't look legendary at all, it looks like a slug. Hoping for a major forme change.

I think all the Pseudos will be getting Mega Evos. I think it's quite likely that Venusaur and Blastoise will be getting X/Y splits as well.

Am really disapointed with Zygarde, it doesn't look legendary at all, it looks like a slug. Hoping for a major forme change.

The held items seem to be Blastoisite and Venusaurite with no X or Y variants from what we've seen.

Personally, I started with G1 - and even tried to import Green before the games were confirmed with localization.

But my favorite games are still Ruby and Sapphire because they do feel the most "complete" - I feel like they can stand alone better than any games in the series.

The held items seem to be Blastoisite and Venusaurite with no X or Y variants from what we've seen.

Really? But they never usually favour one starter over others like this?

*cough*Blaziken*cough*

Naw it seems like they're giving the X and Y variants to the more popular pokemon :/ I think so far it's only Charizard and Mewtwo.
Shame since Blastoise and Venusaur are the better Gen 1 starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom