• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

XY 001 & 002 - Hour long special

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling that Wobbufet repelling Electro Ball is what sends Pikachu flying off a building or ledge.

Oh my goodness that Froakie ;_____;

Nice to see Wobbu battling proper and not just comic relief.

Wobbufet was never really weak but it's trainer. Jessie using Wobbufet correctly just proves that she's grown better since her pre-BW days. Imo it would be refreshing if Ash and his friends have to think past the usual attack and send TRio blasting off strategy when they deal with Wobbufet.

I didn't say it was weak, I was just saying that it's never really shown being strong a lot. I agree with you though, that Jessie is usually the one who holds here Pokemon back. Thankfully it looks like she'll be smarter this time around.

I didn't say it was weak, I was just saying that it's never really shown being strong a lot. I agree with you though, that Jessie is usually the one who holds here Pokemon back. Thankfully it looks like she'll be smarter this time around.

Oh I know you didn't say it was weak I just meant his portrayal was weak in comparison to his real strength. I'm praying that they don't do a on off thing with Wobbufet but that will most likely be the case.

I don't think Jessie is actually any smarter than usual here. She just says "Go, Wobbuffet!", and leaves him to figure out what to do like she did before in the rare times she would use him. The fact that she actually bothered to use him could be considered smart though I guess, but it's also mostly because it's probably their only Pokémon other than Meowth there.

That said, I don't remember Wobbuffet being a well animated ninja, and that's just awesome.

I agree with SlimeStack. Jessie is about as sharp as a brick more often than not. Whenever she uses Wobbuffet, she just says "Counter that attack!", leaving it to figure out what to do. She can never remember the difference between Counter and Mirror Coat, so she just lets Wobbie do the thinking for her. Which means Wobbuffet is actually smarter than her. The most likely reason Wobbuffet is battling is because they just arrived in Kalos, and haven't had a chance to upgrade their team (since Yanmask, Woobat and the other were forcefully left behind). So since Meowth isn't exactly a prime-time battler, Wobbuffet is the only one they've got left until then catch something else. Which means Wobbie will probably take a backseat once that happens, outside of mottoes.

Anyway, what surprised me the most is how agile Wobbuffet has become! I guess being left at TR HQ actually did some good for it.

I can see where you guys are coming from but TRio in all has upgraded in BW compared to before. I mean even after they went back to goofy their plans were still less ridiculous then their DP and before plans. But we have no idea what kind of TRio we will see in XY so I guess until then it's unknown what happens here.

WHile TR was in Unova, I suppose Giovanni had a brain grafted into the empty space in wobuffet's skull.

I suppose it will be like Meowth attacking the twerps in BW002. Just because at the moment they don't have any other Pokémon. Let us hope I am wrong...

The VA List.

Ash
Pikachu
Serena
Clemont
Bonnie
Jessie
James
Meowth
Wobbuffet

The VA List.

Ash
Pikachu
Serena
Clemont
Bonnie
Jessie
James
Meowth
Wobbuffet

This is the main cast list (as for them, Serena is part of the main cast). This list, if it does something, iis saying thast Serena is a travelling companion. Please not take the list as the list of the episodes 1 and 2.

This doesn't mean that Serena is asppearing in this episode.

The entire summary
"サトシとピカチュウの新たな冒険が1時間スペシャルでスタート!カロス地方最大の謎“メガシンカ”したポケモンがいきなり登場!?▽番組を見ながらプレゼントに応募しよう!!
「カロス地方にやってきた!夢と冒険のはじまり!!」
ポケモンマスターを目指すサトシと相棒ピカチュウは、カロス地方にやってきた。パンジーの妹がジムリーダーをやっているジムに行きたいと早速お願いをするのだが、あいにく留守とのこと。そこでサトシがとった行動とは…?"

"あらすじ2
「メガシンカとプリズムタワー!」
サトシたちはプラターヌ研究所に向かう。研究所にたどり着き、プラターヌ博士の話を聞いていると、その情報を盗み聞きしていたロケット団が研究所に乗り込み、研究所のガブリアスを奪うべく首にリングを取り付けると、理性を失ったガブリアスは暴走をしてしまう。"

"データ放送
データ放送も新たな冒険へ!
番組放送中にリモコンのボタンをおして“ポケモンすごろく”にチャレンジしよう!
番組を見ながらサイコロゲージを満タンにすると、サイコロをふってマイポケモンを進めることができるぞ。制限時間内にバトルゾーンまでたどりつくとポケモンバトルでポケモンをゲットできる!さらにその先に進むと…豪華プレゼントゲットのチャンスも!"

Last edited:
Shimura is directing the first 2 episodes, along with another director. And similar to what we had in DP, Tomioka is getting first 3 episodes.

Screenplay: Atsuhiro Tomioka
Storyboard: Yoshifumi Sueda (XY001) - Masakatsu Iijima (XY002)
Assistant director: Tetsuo Yajima
Animation directors: Izumi Shimura and 提舞 (??)

I'm happy Izumi is getting the first two episodes he's one of my favorite animators along with Masaaki Iwane, Atsushi Ogato and Akihiro Tamagawa. It's definitely interesting to see how much the animation improves between each series.

The special on now is showing a lot of new scenes from the first 3-4 episodes.

I will update on what they show.

Ash and Clemont battle and Bonnie referees.

Team Rocket interrupts and and Pikachu's Electro Ball is launched back at Pikachu and Froakie.

Froakie holds Pikachu and they are both hurt. Ash carries Froakie to a Pokemon Center.

Ash, Clemont and Bonnie are at Sycamore's Lab and Garchomp goes crazy and crashes through the wall.

Garchomp goes crazy on the street and then it is nighttime and Garchamp is with Ash, Pikachu and Froakie on top of the Eiffel Tower building.

Pikachu falls off and Ash jumps off to rescue him.

Jenny and her partner are in a Police car on the road, stuck in bad traffic.

Ash walks into that same building, gets zapped, falls through a trap door, slides down a tunnel and comes back out of the building.

Clemont throws some big inflatable balloon thing and Ash lands on that safely.

Team Rocket trap Pikachu and a Rhydon.

Selena is at the lab and tries to choose her starter Pokemon.

They show off the Theme song and apparently Serena has Fenneking and Clemont has Chespin,

Ash, Bonnie, Clemont and Serena hold hands and then Pikachu battles a Pangoro and a Honedge.

Last edited:
The special on now is showing a lot of new scenes from the first 3-4 episodes.

I will update on what they show.

Ash and Clemont battle and Bonnie referees.

Team Rocket interrupts and and Pikachu's Electro Ball is launched back at Pikachu and Froakie.

Froakie holds Pikachu and they are both hurt. Ash carries Froakie to a Pokemon Center.

Ash, Clemont and Bonnie are at Sycamore's Lab and Garchomp goes crazy and crashes through the wall.

Garchomp goes crazy on the street and then it is nighttime and Garchamp is with Ash, Pikachu and Froakie on top of the Eiffel Tower building.

Pikachu falls off and Ash jumps off to rescue him.

Jenny and her partner are in a Police car on the road, stuck in bad traffic.

Ash walks into that same building, gets zapped, falls through a trap door, slides down a tunnel and comes back out of the building.

Clemont throws some big inflatable balloon thing and Ash lands on that safely.

Team Rocket trap Pikachu and a Rhydon.

Selena is at the lab and tries to choose her starter Pokemon.

They show of the Theme song and apparently Serena has Fenneking and Clemont has Chespin,

Ash, Bonnie, Clemont and Serena hold hands and then Ash battles a Pancham's evoltuion and a Honede I think.

Yes!!! Ash is only getting one starter!!! Now Froakie has to evolve <3 <3 <3 <3!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom