• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Where are the highest level wild pokemon?

Hey guys,
I'm training up my Aggron with the swarm technique on Victory Road. Is there any wild pokemon that are stronger than they are here?

Thanks,
Mouse.

Re: Connecting to internet--HELP

Help! I can't connect my pokemon y to the internet for some reason. My DS says that my internet connection works and every other electronic device works but for some reason my game cartridge won't connect to the wifi. I get the 001-0502 error code. I haven't been connected yet. Anyone else have this issue? How do I fix it.

So does anyone have an idea?

Here's some info from Nintendo: | Nintendo - Customer Service | Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection - Error Code Results
If that doesn't work, I would recommend doing a Google search of that error code and see what others have said about it. It seems to be a somewhat common problem among 3DS owners.

Here's my question: I left one of my Pokemon in the Gen V Dream World and forgot to take it out. I haven't been able to wake it up because PGL is down for maintenance and I can't find it in any of my PC boxes or in my party in my White version. Does anybody know if X/Y's Dream World will carry over Pokemon data from Gen V or if there will be some way for me to get my Pokemon back?

Thanks

This page should answer your questions in detail, but basically it looks like you'll have until January 14th to get your Pokémon: http://en.pokemon-gl.com/about/e_notice/

Re: Connecting to internet--HELP

1) We've seen all the Megas, right? I assume so but just making sure.

2) Do E4 rematches have higher levels/more Pokemon?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Concerned about pokemon size!

Where can I find Magby, Magmar, Magmortar, Magby or Magcargo? Just want them to hatch eggs... Seen them on GTS, but for stupid trades like legendarily.
Anyone know where I could capture these?

Also anyone know where to capture a vulpix?

Fletchinder and Talonflame both have flamebody. Sadly all you can catch its Fletchling, but at least it evolves pretty early.

Re: Where are the highest level wild pokemon?

Usually it's in victory road and/or post-game areas.

If you're not there, then just go as far as you can, and get to the farthest grassy knoll you can.

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

How do I fix this on the Global Link?

Your member information is currently being processed. Please come back later.
If this message continues to appear after a few hours, please contact customer service.

Re: Where are the highest level wild pokemon?

Under normal circumstances I'd say post game areas but I have yet to see some wild pokemon that are at least in their sixties that aren't legendary.

Does anyone know if the Masuda Method still works?

Re: Shiny pokemon

I got the game on Sunday, and quickly encountered/caught a shiny Furfrou. Then, if that wasn't enough, last night JUST before bed I encountered/caught a hoard of Murkrows, (it was only my second encounter on route...16?) one of which was shiny. Other then these two, I've never ever encountered random shiny Pokemon in any game, so I'm feeling pretty good :D
How does the shininess affect the different versions of it? Do they still get dyed the same colors?
Hmm...I honestly haven't tried that yet, but I'll try it tonight and get back to you :)

Is there a comprehensive list of changes to the breeding system so far? If not, I'd like to contribute that male pokemon (ie the event torchic) can pass on its hidden ability when breeding with Ditto, no everstone required (out of 4 eggs, the 2 that hatched both have the Speed Boost ability)

I need some help regarding the Poké Radar.

First of all, what are the basics of keeping a steady chain? The highest I've gotten is 21 and the second highest is 12. It's very frustrating.

Second, for anyone who has used the Poké Radar in X/Y, has anyone noticed there is two kinds of background music when using it? The first one if the one that plays as soon as you activate the Poké Radar. I noticed, however, a second piece plays randomly (It sounds sorta like Game Corner music). I thin kit might be to signal a shiny patch, but I don't know. Does anyone know what the second piece of music is for?

First of all, what are the basics of keeping a steady chain? The highest I've gotten is 21 and the second highest is 12. It's very frustrating.

Second, for anyone who has used the Poké Radar in X/Y, has anyone noticed there is two kinds of background music when using it? The first one if the one that plays as soon as you activate the Poké Radar. I noticed, however, a second piece plays randomly (It sounds sorta like Game Corner music). I thin kit might be to signal a shiny patch, but I don't know. Does anyone know what the second piece of music is for?
I can't guarantee anything, since this is my knowledge from Gen IV, but make sure you use repels. Also, grass patches on edges, or that are right next to the patch you were just in tend to break chains.

No clue about the music, since I don't have the Radar yet.

I can't guarantee anything, since this is my knowledge from Gen IV, but make sure you use repels. Also, grass patches on edges, or that are right next to the patch you were just in tend to break chains.

No clue about the music, since I don't have the Radar yet.
About the patches nearby that break chains, it doesn't seem to be the case now. It's a lot more random. I actually found most of my chains coming from the nearby patches.

Is there a comprehensive list of changes to the breeding system so far? If not, I'd like to contribute that male pokemon (ie the event torchic) can pass on its hidden ability when breeding with Ditto, no everstone required (out of 4 eggs, the 2 that hatched both have the Speed Boost ability)

Other than the fact that males can pass down hidden abilities now, all Pokemon hatched from eggs have the same type of pokeball as their mother. It doesn't really change anything, but it's cool.

Wait, so you're telling me I can breed the event Torchic with a Ditto and create more Speed Boost Torchic?

Wait, so you're telling me I can breed the event Torchic with a Ditto and create more Speed Boost Torchic?

With the new mechanics, yes. You can create an army of Speed Boost Torchics.

I read somewhere that in XY the maximum a EV stat could be trained to was dropped from 252 to a slightly lower number, although I cannot remember what it was. Is this true?

Re: Shiny pokemon

I saw a shiny Gulpin in a horde battle, but I accidentally knocked it out. Then last night, I caught a shiny Luvdisc while I was hunting Heart Scales. Second shiny ever caught (not counting the Red Gyrados), and I've been playing since RBY.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom