• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Shiny pokemon

I really need a Yawner to go hunting for Pokemon with, so I'm currently trying to find a Gulpin that knows it so I can Sketch it with Smeargle.

At any rate, three hordes of Lv.5 Gulpin (who only know Pound) later, the CENTER ONE IS SHINY.

What is there to do in X/Y after the Elite Four?

Hey guys,

I have just completed Pokemon X, and I don't want to just end it here.
Is there anything cool to do post-game?

Thanks,
Mouse.

Made a new compilation! I'll add Aromatisse, the clearer Spritzee, and Pinsir in a bit. Still missing a bit though
YNLWoQW.png

Correct me if I'm wrong but that Vivillon doesn't look like a shiny to me, just a Polar Vivillon.

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

I've got kind of a 2 part question regarding which or how many Pokemon can be caught/seen in X & Y.

At the café in I believe Cyllage City where you can choose to pay to sit at tables of varying costs, I understand that the trainers there have lots of different Pokemon to help with our Pokedexes. (plan on going in another time) I am wondering if the ones there (or some/most/all/none) of those Pokemon are able to be caught or at least seen in other places? Or is the café there specifically to provide an opportunity to dex certain ones?

I have not had much money at all throughout the game so I just wanted to be careful. Now that I am about to beat the 3rd gym it looks like a passageway or cave or something will open up, allowing me to travel more easily so then hopefully I can go return to that battle mansion or wtvr & make a lot of money. But until then... I is BROKE so I just wanted to check about this café. The shortage of money is not that big of a deal when you factor in how fun this game is but its definitely a "thing" since there are so, so, SO many Pokemon.

It seems like there are Pokemon from EVERY generation in this game - to make it easier, are there any Pokemon that can not be caught and any that can not be seen in X & Y and if so, how many?

What to do post-game?

Hey guys,

I have just completed Pokemon X, and I don't want to just end it here. Is there anything cool to do post-game?

Thanks,
Mouse.

Re: What to do post-game?

I was wondering the same thing for Pokemon Y. From what ive done, you can go catch Mewtwo and Zygarde. First is in that last cave in the Pokemon Village. Zygarde is deep in the Terminus Cave.
I heard Looker pops up in Lumiose City but I dont remember where I saw that and I have yet to see him...
Also if you walk around random tall grass, (for me it was Route 22), I had Moltres pop up in a wild encounter but he flees and I guess you start chasing him in Suicune/Cresselia fashion.

Re: NPC with Froakie?

If you have a noivern i have a froakie on the gts you can trade for. If you started with chespin, shauna will give you a froakie after you beat the game.

No I don't have a Noivern sorry. But I was able to get a froakie on GTS thanks to Enzaps explanation. Thank you for the offer BigBadBatter and Thanks for the explanation Enzap.

Couldn't find a better picture, but shiny Vivillon has a white body instead of black.

EXP Share Help!:

How does it work? My assumption is, the pokemon who battles gets the full dose of the exp and then the other 5
get half of the exp that they would have if they battled.
Or
Is the other half of the exp divided to each pokemon
resulting all the non battling pokemon getting a 1/12 of the exp?
Or
Does the battling Pokemon only get half of what it was originally entitled too and not the full amount?

Anyway an explanation would be great! :)

Edit: Also some say training on Victory Road instead of Elite 4 is better, is this true?

Last edited:

Does anyone have the list of which pokemon like which pokepuffs? I think it has to do with the nature, but i'm not sure.

i cant get chaining to work and i have yet to encounter a single shiny and i'm already post game. :(

i want a shiny flabebe, in blue. lol

Battle Maison Prize, costs 48 BP.

How far into the game is that? I see that it's in Kiloude City, and my town map shows that Kiloude City is removed from the rest of the routes.

It's after you defeated the Elite Four; you get access to Kiloude City after you have completed the main game first.

EXP Share Help!:

How does it work? My assumption is, the pokemon who battles gets the full dose of the exp and then the other 5
Or
Or
Does the battling Pokemon only get half of what it was originally entitled too and not the full amount?

Edit: Also some say training on Victory Road instead of Elite 4 is better, is this true?

It's the former; the Pokémon in battle gets the full amount, and the other five Pokémon get half of the experience they would have received if they were in the battle.

And I'm preeeeeeetty sure that ratio stays the same even if more Pokémon participate in battle. (So like, if you switched around three Pokémon to defeat one of the opponent's Pokémon, the three who were in battle get 1/3 of the full amount, and the other Pokémon received half of that 1/3, or 1/6.)

Does anyone know if the Masuda Method still works in X and Y? I nabbed a foreign Ditto off the GTS last night, and I'm just about to make it to the Pokemon League, so once I'm done breeding for shiny Pokemon would be a fun thing to do. From the compilation earlier in the thread, I already know a few Gen 6 Pokemon I'd go for...

On release I found a shiny hippopotas while stomping around on rhyhorn. If I hadn't seen the shine I wouldn't have noticed it was shiny.

EDIT: I got German eevee called Eric from wonder trade and then started breeding it to get a female. Then I hatched a white eevee!...but I still haven't found a female.

Last edited:
super training?

so am I missing something, or does super training work just as effectively as EV training?

I'm just curious

EXP Share Help!:

Or
Or

It's the former; the Pokémon in battle gets the full amount, and the other five Pokémon get half of the experience they would have received if they were in the battle.

And I'm preeeeeeetty sure that ratio stays the same even if more Pokémon participate in battle. (So like, if you switched around three Pokémon to defeat one of the opponent's Pokémon, the three who were in battle get 1/3 of the full amount, and the other Pokémon received half of that 1/3, or 1/6.)
Do you mean that EXP gets split if you have more Pokemon participate?

I've felt that EXP stays the same regardless of how many you switch in (they all get the full amount) but the ratio part is what confused me :p

Why the hell am I not stylish enough for that boutique in Lumiose? What do I do to enter? :(

Okay, so after battles it's been saying that my Pokemon have been getting boosted EXP, even though none of them are traded or holding a Lucky Egg. Why?

Okay, so after battles it's been saying that my Pokemon have been getting boosted EXP, even though none of them are traded or holding a Lucky Egg. Why?
Have you played with them in Amie a lot?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom