• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

I think that's it then. They start getting more Exp. At two hearts, iirc

Three questions:

1. My Greninja shakes when I send him out in battle. And very rarely a message shows up like: "Greninja is excited", or "Greninja is a bit anxious". Greninja is my only team member who has this. Anyone have an idea what it could be?

2. I might have missed this, but... has it already been confirmed or debunked if you can go hatless?

3. When will you be allowed to enter the Sushi High Roller restaurant in Lumiose City? I've defeated the Champion now but still, like before, the Black Belt at the entrance says I'm not allowed or something and sends me out.

PokéRadar Help

So, I got the PokéRadar and went to use it in some grass... it wouldn't let me, the whole "Mom's words echoed" thing. So, I caught a Pokémon and tried again - same thing. Why isn't it working for me? Do I have to do something else first?

EXP Share Help!:

How does it work? My assumption is, the pokemon who battles gets the full dose of the exp and then the other 5
get half of the exp that they would have if they battled.
Or
Is the other half of the exp divided to each pokemon
resulting all the non battling pokemon getting a 1/12 of the exp?
Or
Does the battling Pokemon only get half of what it was originally entitled too and not the full amount?

Anyway an explanation would be great! :)

Edit: Also some say training on Victory Road instead of Elite 4 is better, is this true?

It's the former; the Pokémon in battle gets the full amount, and the other five Pokémon get half of the experience they would have received if they were in the battle.

And I'm preeeeeeetty sure that ratio stays the same even if more Pokémon participate in battle. (So like, if you switched around three Pokémon to defeat one of the opponent's Pokémon, the three who were in battle get 1/3 of the full amount, and the other Pokémon received half of that 1/3, or 1/6.)
Do you mean that EXP gets split if you have more Pokemon participate?

I've felt that EXP stays the same regardless of how many you switch in (they all get the full amount) but the ratio part is what confused me :p

Yeah, that's what I meant, that the experience points were split. BUUUUT after I posted that I realized I was incorrect but forgot to change it, sooo... just ignore that part, haha. All Pokémon who participate in battle get all of their experience points--there are no experience splits!

Why the hell am I not stylish enough for that boutique in Lumiose? What do I do to enter? :(

Here's a more detailed page about upping your style points, but basically you have to do certain things around Lumiose multiple times, like working at Hotel Richissime and having Alexa give you directions to something in the City.

Not at all, hahahahaha. I think it's just a side quest Game Freak added to get everyone to explore Lumiose City. :p

Re: Shiny pokemon

I found a female eevee after hours of searching, hoping to trade it for a Gyarados, and then later a Zygarde, so that I could trade that for a Xerneas.
Turns out, the trade for the gyarados was already taken once I finally found the female eevee.

After the hard work, I will NEVER give away my female eevee.

Are any HMs other than surf and probably waterfall required to navigate victory road?

First day: Shiny Houndour + two battles after I found and caught a female Eevee. :)

Is there any salon in the game where you can get actual red or orange hair? I know the salon in Lumiose offers "orange" hair but honestly, that color barely passes for strawberry blonde. I have practically Ariel-red hair and I'd like my character to look like me. :-\

Also, when is the soonest we can catch Zubat in-game?

Anyone know where the GTS is located? Also anyone who will want bagons or axews, i might have them ready for trading if i can find dittos.

Ok, so I beat the game, talked to the Flare grunt, battled your rival and talked to Sycamore, and I want to know what do you do next? I've heard there's more to the post plot, but I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks!

Does anyone know where I can find the movesets for the new Pokemon (in particular Braxien/Delphox, Fletchling family, etc)? It's a little annoying to see no movesets yet and I am holding off on evolving Braxien and Fletchinder until they learn Flamethrower or if they learn it at all.

Does anyone know if the Masuda Method still works in X and Y? I nabbed a foreign Ditto off the GTS last night, and I'm just about to make it to the Pokemon League, so once I'm done breeding for shiny Pokemon would be a fun thing to do. From the compilation earlier in the thread, I already know a few Gen 6 Pokemon I'd go for...
Yes, it still works.

Can Doduo participate in sky battles?

I haven't gotten X yet (I will at Christmas) but I've always wondered if Doduo could paricipate in sky battles.
If he is able to explain to me how the heck he does it. 180px-Doduo_Fly_Stad.png

Re: Can Doduo participate in sky battles?

I haven't gotten X yet (I will at Christmas) but I've always wondered if Doduo could paricipate in sky battles.
If he is able to explain to me how the heck he does it. View attachment 91006

Strangely enough Hawlucha doesn't seem to be able to, so maybe not. I haven't done much testing, but just being a Flying type may not be enough to enter a Sky Battle.

Anyone else have more details?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom