• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

I'm getting the game next week and I want to know, which names do people see when they trade or battle with you? Just the name on your 3DS profile thing, or your trainer name/nickname too?

I'm getting the game next week and I want to know, which names do people see when they trade or battle with you? Just the name on your 3DS profile thing, or your trainer name/nickname too?
They see your trainer name.

Made it confusing for me assigning trainer names to the people on my 3DS friend list.

If you get your Pokémon to max hearts on Amie, but then stop using Amie, will the hearts go down or will they stay at max level?

Re: Can Doduo participate in sky battles?

I haven't gotten X yet (I will at Christmas) but I've always wondered if Doduo could paricipate in sky battles.
If he is able to explain to me how the heck he does it. View attachment 91006

Strangely enough Hawlucha doesn't seem to be able to, so maybe not. I haven't done much testing, but just being a Flying type may not be enough to enter a Sky Battle.

Anyone else have more details?

From what I heard the idle models have to be floating/flying for the pokemon to participate in sky battles along with the originally stated being flying or having levitate. Considering that Doduo's feet are firmly planted on the ground like Hawlucha's, I kind of highly doubt it will be able to participate.

Also I for one think it's sad that Hawlucha can't participate given the whole death from above thing. Not to mention its attack animations could be converted into flying models if they weren't lazy/busy with other things.

Made it confusing for me assigning trainer names to the people on my 3DS friend list.

Aw, that's sad. I love using my real name in its long form to my trainer but I'll be giving out my FC to people on the Internet. Does your trainer name get used a lot? Or is your nickname used more often? I've read both things (that your nickname is used more, but also that it's only your NPC friends who use it) so I'm not sure. Thanks!

Hey, I just got my Lucario from the 3rd gym leader, but I had to replace my pikachu for it to fit. My Pikachu was fully Super Trained, Pokemon-Amied, and pretty strong. I kind of want to keep him and Lucario in my party, but I don't want to get rid of anyone and I already had another Lucario in Black 2 so I feel like I'm going to end up repeating my team from that game. So should I stick with Lucario or bring Pikachu back?

@Bad Apple; Lucario is pretty great and it can go Mega. I say use Lucario, at least for a while, so you can enjoy Mega Evolution :)

Has anyone discovered a way to get extra evolutionary stones (Shiny, Dusk and Dawn in particular)? If there is no way I'm going to be pissed. You would think the stone store would sell them but they don't...I am wondering if maybe you have to do something and then they will suddenly start to carry them, like you can unlock it.

@Bad Apple; Lucario is pretty great and it can go Mega. I say use Lucario, at least for a while, so you can enjoy Mega Evolution :)

Has anyone discovered a way to get extra evolutionary stones (Shiny, Dusk and Dawn in particular)? If there is no way I'm going to be pissed. You would think the stone store would sell them but they don't...I am wondering if maybe you have to do something and then they will suddenly start to carry them, like you can unlock it.

I picked up a dusk stone whilst doing some of the extra super training levels for fully trained pokemon

Okay, I'm trying to get Skrelp to my team in Y, I know where you can catch it...but when I'm fishing in the right place, all I can get is Luvdiscs. Is it because I only have Old Rod? And if so, where I do get better rods? (Played X already, I know you can get them somewhere but I can't remember where)
I'm currently about to challenge Clemont, by the way.

Okay, I'm trying to get Skrelp to my team in Y, I know where you can catch it...but when I'm fishing in the right place, all I can get is Luvdiscs. Is it because I only have Old Rod? And if so, where I do get better rods? (Played X already, I know you can get them somewhere but I can't remember where)
I'm currently about to challenge Clemont, by the way.

You can catch Skrelp with a Good Rod and a Dragalge rarely with a Super Rod. I believe you can get a Good Rod from the boat yard in Coumarine City, and I believe the Super Rod is found on Route 16 near the Lumiose entrance.

Is there any more efficient ways of obtaining Heart Scales besides smashing rocks along Cyllage/Route 8?

Right, another question from me. Is there a limit to how much we can use pokémon amie? Not in terms of stats or anything but just for fun. And I've seen that the Pokémon in that mode are asleep sometimes, how is that? Do they sleep depending on the hour?

Use Thief on Luvdiscs? They naturally are holding Heart Scales.

The last 20 or so times I attempted to use Thief on Luvdisc they gave me absolutely nothing, hence why I rock smash instead.

Right, another question from me. Is there a limit to how much we can use pokémon amie? Not in terms of stats or anything but just for fun. And I've seen that the Pokémon in that mode are asleep sometimes, how is that? Do they sleep depending on the hour?

No limits. As far as I can tell, they are only asleep when they have a status condition are on critical health, or maybe when they're KO'd.

The last 20 or so times I attempted to use Thief on Luvdisc they gave me absolutely nothing, hence why I rock smash instead.

Was the pokemon using thief already holding an item?

Aw, that's sad. I love using my real name in its long form to my trainer but I'll be giving out my FC to people on the Internet. Does your trainer name get used a lot? Or is your nickname used more often? I've read both things (that your nickname is used more, but also that it's only your NPC friends who use it) so I'm not sure. Thanks!
I think the times you aren't called by your nickname would be from your mom, Professor Sycamore, another guy, and the Pokemon Champion. Your NPC friends show up a lot.

I think they allow more letters to go into naming now :p

Does anyone know where I can find the movesets for the new Pokemon (in particular Braxien/Delphox, Fletchling family, etc)? It's a little annoying to see no movesets yet and I am holding off on evolving Braxien and Fletchinder until they learn Flamethrower or if they learn it at all.

I know the people at Smogon have been collecting movesets for Pokémon--they're not fully complete yet, but I was able to find most of my moveset questions from those threads.

I think the times you aren't called by your nickname would be from your mom, Professor Sycamore, another guy, and the Pokemon Champion. Your NPC friends show up a lot.

I think they allow more letters to go into naming now :p

I think they've increased the limit too, it doesn't matter because the long form of my name isn't really that long and fit into the previous games. Anyway, thanks for answering my question! I'm glad the name is barely ever used, that way I can enter something else as my name and my usual name as the nickname. That helps a lot.

No limits. As far as I can tell, they are only asleep when they have a status condition are on critical health, or maybe when they're KO'd.

Oh, awesome. Thanks for replying!

A friend of mine is almost in tears because he wants a Magmortar really badly in Pokemon X/Y. Has anyone seen a magmarizer?

Now that you mention it I havent seen a Magby, Elekid or anything in those twos categories. Ill have to wait to get my Magmortar and Electivire from Black 2.

Does anyone know if you can find a Stealth Rock TM in X/Y? I have Y....if that matters.
And any tips on quick leveling up, anyone find a useful method?
Im running with a new team now.

Noibat (trying to get Noivern) Lv57
Lucario (leveling him up) Lv44
Combusken (^^^) Lv34
Honedge (^^^) Lv30
Lapras (One of my most wanted favorites) Lv34
Kirlia (Just got it from Diantha, another favorite) Lv27

If you remove a mega stone from a mega-evolved Pokemon through trick, thief, or whatever will it de-mega-evolve?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom