• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Ok, so I've explored everywhere I know, I've got Zygarde and Mewtwo, and now I don't know what else to do. Are there any secret places or events that I've missed?

Not counting...
The legendary birds, because I really cannot be bothered to find each one 12 times in a row and then have a difficult time capturing them.

Also, will ditto breeding always result in the hatched Pokemon being the same gender as the other one?

Is there an easy way to get Moon Stones? Need about 8 of them at this point, plus another Thunder Stone. I know you could try and get them off Lunatone, but those are rare enough as it is.

Buy them in stone emporium.

Same here. I think you can get Dusk, Shiny and Dawn stones in Super Training (but seriously, why can't I just buy them?) It's not even a 100% chance you'll GET those stones.

Does the Loto-ID centre check the Pokemon in your PC or just in your party?

And does anyone know where I can get the EV-reducing berries? Using a reset bag in super training and then training them again from scratch takes ages.

So, I have this level 14 pokemon that I put through super training between the punching bag and soccer ball mini game. His HP and Attack stats are maxed out with 5 EV to Sp Def and 1 EV to Sp Atk. Now... since he's only level 14 do I need to battle this pokemon against specific pokemon (with high EV yield points) to complete the EV training, or since the stats are maxed can I battle him against any pokemon? Has anyone EV trained yet on X or Y? How did you do it?

The main thing I'm not sure about is, is my pokemon fully EV trained at level 14 without battling any pokemon? When will I see the stat boosts? I finished the training and nows its sitting in my PC because I don't want to level him up wrong, if thats possible...

I put my question in spoilers to be safe.

How do I unlock the Looker sidequest?

Go the the Battle Maison and complete one battle. Afterwards, you'll run into your rival in Kiloude city, which is the same city you'll be in. Challenge her to a battle and she will tell you to track down Professor Sycamore at Amistair Town. Go there and see him. Once you have done so fly to Lumiose. Once you've reached Lumiose, you'll receive a holoclip. Once you have completed that task, Looker's side quest shall unfold.

Am I supposed to have a blaziken, greninja, venusaur, and a chesnaught before the second gym?

Buy them in stone emporium.
I can only get Water, Fire and Leaf Stones in there, is there something I can do to buy other ones?
you can get 2 dusk stones by talking to people in the main game and post game, fairly early too for a aeigislash/honchkrow
dawn stones can be accessed after havong surf, on route 3 and 12.
shiny stones are amazingly abundant
sun stones are found anfter 4th gym
moon stone is in reflecting cave

i think these all respawn

Where do you get Good/Super Rod and Ditto?

The Good Rod is given to you by a Fisherman in Coumarine City (the seaside part, not the mountainous part). Same thing with the Super Rod, except on Route 16 in the Fishing Shack.

Ditto are in Pokémon Village.

Am I supposed to have a blaziken, greninja, venusaur, and a chesnaught before the second gym?

Due to changes in how experience works in this Gen (new Exp. Share, experience from caught Pokémon, etc.), it's common to have leveled up Pokémon really quickly in these games. You'll probably have a really easy time at the next gym, but there isn't anything strange about it.

Where do we find a) Syther b) metal coat c) the stone that mega evolves Scizor? :p
Thanks!!!

Re: Shiny pokemon

Yesterday I hatched a shiny Honedge after 403 eggs... she is gorgeous and I love her. <3

Any of you guys doing the Hotel Richissme jobs daily? I'm on the 4th floor (20k pokedollar) jobs and doing the lost and find job is exploring the whole floor for 3 hidden items without the dowsing machine. Is there an easy way to do this job?

Where do we find a) Syther b) metal coat c) the stone that mega evolves Scizor? :p
Thanks!!!

Sounds like you're trying to get yourself a Mega Pinsir there. :p

a) On Route 21 (I can't remember if there are any "shaking" spots on this route or not, but if there are, Scyther can only be found in the grass)
b) I don't remember where I got mine from, but Serebii says to check the Poké Ball Factory, it's sneakily hidden behind one of the conveyor belts (note that it's not necessarily a hidden item, since you can't use the Dowsing Machine here).
c) It's right behind the Abomasnow in Frost Cavern

Any of you guys doing the Hotel Richissme jobs daily? I'm on the 4th floor (20k pokedollar) jobs and doing the lost and find job is exploring the whole floor for 3 hidden items without the dowsing machine. Is there an easy way to do this job?

I've been doing these jobs, and unfortunately I haven't found an easy way to find the items--just keeping pressing A at each tile and hope for the best. :/

Something I noticed while doing these jobs on the 3rd floor--and this might just be a coincidence--is that there were a set number of spots where I could always find the missing items, and that I would be able to find all the items by the time I finished checking those five or six spots (it's similar to how Feebas are caught in RSE). I just got to the 4th floor, so I haven't had enough time to see if the same thing works for this floor, but I'm gonna test it and see if the same thing applies to this floor. And again, it might just be a coincidence, so we'll see.

Sounds like you're trying to get yourself a Mega Pinsir there. :p

a) On Route 21 (I can't remember if there are any "shaking" spots on this route or not, but if there are, Scyther can only be found in the grass)
b) I don't remember where I got mine from, but Serebii says to check the Poké Ball Factory, it's sneakily hidden behind one of the conveyor belts (note that it's not necessarily a hidden item, since you can't use the Dowsing Machine here).
c) It's right behind the Abomasnow in Frost Cavern

I checked behind Abomasnow, but I did not find anything!!! Abomasnow did give me the mega stone that evolves it though! Should I use something?!
Thank you :)

Re: Shiny pokemon

Yesterday I hatched a shiny Honedge after 403 eggs... she is gorgeous and I love her. <3

Been trying to Masuda method a shiny Pumpkaboo and I have a few questions. Is there something that records how many eggs you've hatched? Also, any tips to make it faster other than having a poke with flame body?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom