• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trainer Customization

I'm just glad we have customization at all. The male's default outfit is hideous.

But I had to cut down on my spending habits in order to afford the Mega Stones at the store.
How much are they costing for you? I remember the first time I talked to the guy they were P500,000 - but later they were P150,000 and I'm not sure what happened to change that.

But I had to cut down on my spending habits in order to afford the Mega Stones at the store.
How much are they costing for you? I remember the first time I talked to the guy they were P500,000 - but later they were P150,000 and I'm not sure what happened to change that.
As your style rating goes up (usually from getting your Furfrou trimmed, working at the hotel, wearing high-end fashion, buying Gallettes, etc.), the stones become more and more affordable. I think 10,000 is as low as they go, but they're still 100,000 for me.

I'm also wondering if it could be that something might open up the back room at the salon? It could just be a decorative room, but lets be honest, we don't really see those around in Pokemon games.

There's a whole bunch of red and blue doors on the streets of Lumiose that apparently don't open, so it might just be decoration.

I know, but those are different. Where else do you see doors inside of buildings? Although I suppose that since it's not being blocked by a person it might not be anything.

got a checkered fedora at a boutique besides lumiose city

this must mean you can get it alot more rarer but, cheaper

I am changing my character's outfit almost every day... IT'S SO ADDICTING!

I was like that. Then I blew ~600k on the black trenchcoat, a purse and some feather and a hat that was almost (but not quite) black.

I'm happy with the way I look now (which is fortunate, because it was quite costly).
I could use a completly black hat, though. But I guess it'll turn up sooner or later.

So I decided to give my character a medium perm haircut just to see what it looks like and I completely fell in love with it. I feel a little weird because my hair doesn't look like that at all... but I'm gonna keep it anyway because he looks so FOO-BAH-LUSS. 8)

I also appreciate that most of the clothes in the Lumiose Boutique are red or black, which are my two favorite colors. And the white/gray/silver-colored clothes complement them nicely. :) I thought I would just stick with one outfit throughout the whole game, but they're making it so difficult to do that!

I've been able to use the customisation thing. I've dyed my hair orange. It was originally brown. I'm keeping my hair long since I have long hair.

I'm fairly certain Game Freak made this feature to try to appeal to female audiences, not even thinking guys would like this too. Most of the promotional stuff regarding customization I see is for the female character, and from people's playthroughs, it seems like the girl gets more clothes (but can't confirm that yet)

I've only seen four hair styles for the guys, and three of those are the default. The girl have at least six different styles and can apparently customize their bangs further.

And why is Game Freak's range of skin tones for the player either incredibly fair-skinned or very dark? Like, they have a wide range of NPC's with varying skin complexions I don't understand why the PC only has two.

Oh well, third version/sequel/whatever you better make up for this.

On the plus side, I managed to put up a nice casual outfit for my player by Grant's gym. I also like how this game lets you save up to six favourite wardrobe options so I can save casual and more stylish clothes.

I also wanted those ripped jeans and a plain t-shirt for when I berry farm because it makes sense.

Where can I get a trench coat?

Also, why is there no suit? I want to run around in a fancy James Bond suit.

Trench Coats are at the Boutique Couture in Lumiose. They're v. expensive - around 300k each, I think?

Note that the Boutique Couture, like the other Boutiques, does change its inventory daily - I don't know if there are set days for things to return, but if you want a specific colour, don't feel like you have to buy a different colour because you see it first. (Although I believe most of the items there only come in the red-black-grey-brown-white colour scheme - and not all items in every colour).

Trench Coats are at the Boutique Couture in Lumiose. They're v. expensive - around 300k each, I think?

Important to note that you can only buy a trench coat if you choose the female character--as of now a male equivalent hasn't been found yet. (Friggin' Game Freak...)

I also like how this game lets you save up to six favourite wardrobe options so I can save casual and more stylish clothes.

Whaaaat?! How do you save your favorites, I don't remember seeing that option!

Not gonna lie, a bit disappointed you can't dye your hair in unnatural anime colors. Damn it, I want blue hair. ;__;

Is it me, or does your character stay pale in game but dark in the user icons?

I picked a darker skin for my character (too dark for me, but the others are too light for me) in my little icon I'm darker, but in the actual game my character is very light/pink, is that maybe a bug?

All I can say about the lack of male customizations is to to make sure to complain about it on club Nintendo if you do those surveys. It feels like the customization is really weak overall for both genders, so it's sad that it's even worse for males than it is for females. (I wish there were some more gender neutral clothing that looks nice, I don't really like so much exposed skin)

Important to note that you can only buy a trench coat if you choose the female character--as of now a male equivalent hasn't been found yet. (Friggin' Game Freak...)

Damnit. :mad:

I'm playing a male. I want a trench coat now, if I can't get a suit.

Y u no make suit, Gamefreak?

I'm fairly certain Game Freak made this feature to try to appeal to female audiences, not even thinking guys would like this too. Most of the promotional stuff regarding customization I see is for the female character, and from people's playthroughs, it seems like the girl gets more clothes (but can't confirm that yet)

(...)

And why is Game Freak's range of skin tones for the player either incredibly fair-skinned or very dark? Like, they have a wide range of NPC's with varying skin complexions I don't understand why the PC only has two.

Yeah, it's a shame they seem to be marketing this more toward us... don't get me wrong, I love the fact that if my character is female then I can costumize her a lot, but it feels sort of patronizing. Although I also don't know if there are so many differences between guys' haircuts in real life, the starter styles seem to be "basic" styles and in real life there are fewer "basics" that are popular among men.

I'm disappointed about the skin tones thing if you're correct, because in the preview it looked as though we could pick more than that. :(

Not gonna lie, a bit disappointed you can't dye your hair in unnatural anime colors. Damn it, I want blue hair. ;__;

This makes me really sad, now I can't make my trainer look like me (I dye my hair). I don't care about anime but I wanted my trainer's hair to match mine.

[/QUOTE]
Are the trench coats listed as a shirt or dress? I don't know why Game Freak thinks guys wouldn't want a trench coat.

Like, we have an entire sub-plot with Looker. I wanted to make my character look like a stereotypical detective whenever I go on those missions.....instead I'll just buy really nice clothes and pretend I'm one of those people from CSI.

I wish they had hoodies/sweatshirts. My character would look much more accurate that way xD Otherwise, though, I have finally completed my ultimate transformation. I am now the most attractive being in the Pokéverse.

I did wonder somewhat why we were getting more money in this gen, atleast it felt like that to me. Then I started to customize...

I do wish we had more options for males as well, but I've found good options for my own tastes at least. Gotta love dem black colors.

Back
Top Bottom