• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Awkward X and Y moments

The fact that one of the tourists in one of the caves early on (I forget which) abandoned her husband to explore, yet her husband is literally about 100 steps away. XD

Awkward moments... Hmm, one strange moment for me was the following (okay, it was more like a "what the heck??" moment): I was fishing on Route 3. And what do I get on the first try? A freaking Gyarados. I mean, Route 3? I was thinking that there might be some weak mons, but a freaking gyarados on the first try? I would have never even guessed that. Not even with a super rod.

A guy in a South Boulevard building said 'Don't sneak up on me! I might fall in love with you!'. I was playing as a dude.

And at Restraunt Le Nah, a guy's saying 'Just two guys having food. Nothing wrong!' Or something.

It's yaoi o' clock!

I thought it was pretty awkward how quickly you were thrust into your adventure. You walk outside, meet four people, then leave.

I had to do a lot of battling with Pikachu because all it does in Santalune Forest is summon other Pikachu. I ended up catching two more Pikachu.

A friend of mine who did a speedy run accidentally answered no to Siebold's question. (I would recommend answering yes if you want a better response. Still, he's more polite to you after battle regardless of how you answer.)

So I beat Gym 4, and my Braixen is now a Delphox.

. . .

No, it's not a "buyer's remorse" feeling -- not strictly, anyway. It's more like when you changed your mind about something and THEN later feel that changing your mind was the mistake and you should've gone with your initial choice all along. As in, I now kinda regret choosing to start the whole game over for a female starter instead of sticking it out with the original playthrough (and male starter). I couldn't accept Braixen's design on a male Pokemon (hence the reset), but Delphox's I totally can. In fact, I actually think Delphox's design goes better with a male Pokemon than a female one.

Ack, where will it all end?

Last edited:
Every time I'm running around Route 10 and I find a Golett. I pause and mutter, "Should I...?" and catch it anyway. I'm up to five as of right now.

I need to stay the slag away from that area. >.<

Catching Xerneas and naming her Yggdrasil... out of all the names, why did I have to choose one that started with a Y?!

And I also went back to the Lumiose City boutique and bought some clothes right after I had beaten Lysandre and he was one inch away from destroying the world. I'm just all like "SORRY, I'LL BE BACK LATER! I JUST NEED TO CHANGE INTO SOMETHING MORE FITTING FOR THE SITUATION!"

Casually having the entire world wait for me to save them all, so I could take a picture of myself with the ultimate weapon in the background.

There is this dude in Lumiose City, in a building next to Route 5 spot, which is like "if you stare at me like that I could fall in love with you!", or something like that. Fact is that I and my character are male. :eek:

I find it hilarious that you can use Pokemon-Amie at any time, and that includes before important battles like Lysandre. I imagine him awkwardly waiting while my character plays with their Pokemon, lol.

How the houses by the WMD fell over, with zero damage to the ground and the house closest to it somehow survives, just because it actually had a door.:-| And if you notice, the player character is always smiling, even if some insane megalomaniac is about to wipe out 99% of the planet.

I actually saw a horde of zangoose w/ one seviper, and I thought to myself, go home seviper. Your drunk

When I saw that a hotel in Geosenge Town was called "Hotel Marine Snow".

Marine snow is detritus composed of things like dead animal and plant parts, fecal matter, and mucus that slowly floats down to the bottom of the sea.

I had one today.

Talonflame used Me First! Talonflame Used Self-Destruct! *boom*

The wild Graveler used Self-Destruct! *boom*

. . . .

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom