• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Mega Evolution?

ShadowDRGN

Reaction score
So, now that X & Y are out and all the Mega Evos revealed... tell me, what are your favorite Mega Evos?
Mine are:
Mega Lucario
Mega Absol (It looks like a f**kin' unicorn, man!)
Mega Garchomp
Mega Charizard X (Y is nice as well, but not as Eye-Gougingly awesome!)
Mega Gyarados
And Let's not forget good ol' Mega Blaziken as an honourable mention!

And, as a bonus question, what Pokemon would YOU like to see Mega Evo'd, it can be any Pokemon as long as they are fully evolved or cannot evolve.
Here are mine:
Raichu
Rapidash
The Hitmon Family
Typhlosion
Dunsparce
Skarmory
Sceptile
Sableye
Zangoose
Seviper
Castform
The Regi Pokemon
Latias and Latios
Deoxys
Bronzong
Weavile
Zoroark
The Unova Starters
Druddigon

While I don't know all of the megas myself, I can safely say that my opinion of the megas generally matches my opinion of their base forms. I like Lucario as is, so I kinda like Mega Lucario (though I still don't particularly like his Sugimori art). I like Absol a lot, I like Mega Absol a lot. I like Ampharos, I'm okay with Mega Ampharos. I couldn't care much less about Garchomp or Mewtwo, so I'm not fond of Mega Garchomp or Mega Mewtwo (Y). Mawile, meh; Mega Mawile, mega meh.

Mega Blaziken has the most fitting and spectacular look. It should have been Blaziken's design.

Mega Charizard X. A pure black body color (not a dark lavender like its Shiny form) and blue fire is an awesome combination. :)

So, now that X & Y are out and all the Mega Evos revealed... tell me, what are your favorite Mega Evos?

I highly doubt all the Megas have been revealed, there was a list of trademarked Mega names and a number of them have yet to be accounted for. I'd say a few of them are likely to be event only releases for the future, much like Mega Blaziken.

Personally I'm a fan of Mega Mawile, it manages to look both cute and threatening and it a huge improvement over its base form in terms of battling ability.

I highly doubt all the Megas have been revealed, there was a list of trademarked Mega names and a number of them have yet to be accounted for. I'd say a few of them are likely to be event only releases for the future, much like Mega Blaziken.

But Mega Blaziken was already in the code, if they wanted to add more, it would have to be through DLC, which I'm pretty sure GF said they wouldn't be using. (Correct me if I'm wrong on that though.)

I like Mega Lucario and Mega Gardevoir (I love the poofy dress!)

I am really surprised that they don't have a Mega Pikachu, since it's the mascot of Pokemon and it would be something the anime could have in it.

Mega Charizard X. Y is a close second. Yes, I am biased. XD But if I had to choose another Pokemon besides Charizard, then Mega Houndoom. That thing looks so awesome!

Mega Mawile takes the cake for me. The futakuchi-onna design was a cool idea for Mawile, and Mega Mawile takes the look to a whole new level. The design really impresses me.

Though, now that it has 3 mouths, what would you call it? A miguchi-onna? ;o

But Mega Blaziken was already in the code, if they wanted to add more, it would have to be through DLC, which I'm pretty sure GF said they wouldn't be using. (Correct me if I'm wrong on that though.)
As far as we know the 3DS encryption hasn't been cracked yet, so nobody can conclusively prove what's actually "in the code". Thus, it's always possible there can be more mega forms programmed into the game for future event distributions not officially unveiled yet (e.g. Mega Sceptile/Swampert? It would round out the Hoenn trio) .

Don't like any of the Mega-Evo's that are available so far. For now Mega-Blastoise may be the one I may use or at least try out and sort of like in the future.

Since Mega where first mentioned, and even today still hoping for Mega-Floatzel and Mega-Mienshao [or even a super low-low chance (0.001%) of a Mega-Watchog! those 3 would make me happy].

Mega Houndoom is my favorite. Mega Blastoise, Mega Gyarados, Mega Mawile, and Mega Abomasnow would be in my top list as well.

Mega Lucario is alright design wise. Not nearly as cool as my top list.

Worst for me would be Mega Garchomp, Mega Manectric, Mega Alakazam, Mega Gardevoir, Mega Mewtwo X, Mega Pinsir, and Mega Venusaur (I love Venusaur but this was just...boring and uninspired.) I don't care for any of those designs.

Mega Garchomp and Mega Mewtwo X. These two are my top favorites, I love their designs.

I also really like Mega Gyarados and Mega Aerodactyl.

For the other question, I really want a Mega Yanmega. I also want a Mega Scyther, but I know that probably won't happen.. but one can always dream, right?

evn though i don't have y yet i will say i like mega scizor, mega blastoise ande mega venusaur. I was wondering if the female mega venusaur has the seed like the normal one does

With the reference by one of the NPCs as your character having a power level "over 9000" and the possibility of the next game being called "Pokemon Z" I'd have to say I'm expecting a Mega Infernape in an orange vest. What? It's not like their gonna call the next game "Pokemon W".

Although it was really hard to decide, I'll go with my my old standard...

I -LOVE- Mawile. It was a core part of any team I used during gen 3 and I even wrote a few guides on how to use it competitively during B/W. Mega Mawile just enhances the look without overdoing it like with Mega-Scizor. It strikes a perfect balance between adorable, smug and just downright badass looking.

I like Mega Absol's design and am glad that it got a well deserved boost, even though its still extremely lacking in the defense department...

Mega Mawile, definitely. I can't stop looking at it! Extremely lovely :3

As for Pokemon I'd like to get mega evos... Raichu, definitely, and it'd be cool to see them for legendaries like Azelf, Mesprit, and Uxie.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom