• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unsolved Mysteries in X/Y...

* Heatran and the Plaza: In one of the Plazas located around the Prism Tower in Lumiose, I think the Jeune Plaza, a group of NPC talk about how there are Pokemon in the plaza they can hear...yet no Pokemon can be seen. In addition to that, one picture I saw taken during the post-game of the dialouge has them mention the "Lava Dome" Pokemon (Heatran) as the Pokemon you can hear, oddly enough.

* Mysterious Disappearances: On the back of a train sight in the Lumiose Train Station, the words "I've gone for help", or something along those lines, can be seen. And then in the Lumiose Press, the head editor has a note on her desk saying she's gone in search of a Legendary Pokemon in the mountains...she is said to be missing, and isn't encountered when looking for Zygarde, leading to the theory that: A) she was killed by it or B) it's a different Legendary we've yet to get an Event for

For Heatran I saw a theory about it being Volcanion and not Heatran and that Volcanion will appear at that plaza.
The press editor, is it Alexa or what?
And I do not think Zygarde killed her. It seemed quite peaceful where it sat in its cave.

Yeah, I think it might be Volcanion too...in fact I wonder if it lives under Lumiose and is what helps power it along with the Power Plants.

And I think Hoopa might be related to the Press Editor, because I think it's supposed to be like a Djinn who possibly spirits people away or something. I'm kind of wondering if it's a pun on the "Ring Films" (figurative ring in that sense, but still I could see them sort of punning off it with an actual ring-based Pokemon) and is related to the ghost girl too. Perhaps that's the editor?

Ring films? You mean the Lotr trilogy, the best movies ever made? Well if Hoopa is based on that I am one happy toad.
Is Alexa the editor?

* Heatran and the Plaza: In one of the Plazas located around the Prism Tower in Lumiose, I think the Jeune Plaza, a group of NPC talk about how there are Pokemon in the plaza they can hear...yet no Pokemon can be seen. In addition to that, one picture I saw taken during the post-game of the dialouge has them mention the "Lava Dome" Pokemon (Heatran) as the Pokemon you can hear, oddly enough.

* Mysterious Disappearances: On the back of a train sight in the Lumiose Train Station, the words "I've gone for help", or something along those lines, can be seen. And then in the Lumiose Press, the head editor has a note on her desk saying she's gone in search of a Legendary Pokemon in the mountains...she is said to be missing, and isn't encountered when looking for Zygarde, leading to the theory that: A) she was killed by it or B) it's a different Legendary we've yet to get an Event for

For Heatran I saw a theory about it being Volcanion and not Heatran and that Volcanion will appear at that plaza.
The press editor, is it Alexa or what?
And I do not think Zygarde killed her. It seemed quite peaceful where it sat in its cave.

Yeah, I think it might be Volcanion too...in fact I wonder if it lives under Lumiose and is what helps power it along with the Power Plants.

And I think Hoopa might be related to the Press Editor, because I think it's supposed to be like a Djinn who possibly spirits people away or something. I'm kind of wondering if it's a pun on the "Ring Films" (figurative ring in that sense, but still I could see them sort of punning off it with an actual ring-based Pokemon) and is related to the ghost girl too. Perhaps that's the editor?

Ring films? You mean the Lotr trilogy, the best movies ever made? Well if Hoopa is based on that I am one happy toad.
Is Alexa the editor?
No she's not, that's the thing. A girl working in the press office where Alexa also works says the press editor left for the mountains or something and that she has never seen her in person.

Last edited:
No, the Japanese horror Ring series. The Ring in that case is figurative (as in a ring of light, or a phone ring), but regardless I think Hoopa is supposed to be some sort of cursed creature that misfortune falls upon those who see it or something.

Has anyone gotten all three legendary birds together in one game? Maybe getting all three of them together summons Lugia in the Sea Spirits Den, as Lugia is regarded as a Sea Spirit, and is the master of the birds. If anyone wants to, I'd love to try this.
Interesting theory! I doubt they'd do that though. Perhaps you could bring LUGIA there?

But what purpose would that serve? If the birds weren't already roaming, Lugia could release them, but they are...

Y'all wrong there,

Lugia and Ho-oh both serve as the masters, Birds have little to no relation, and the beasts are the lesser legends to lugia and ho-oh.

Lugia is the trio master for the birds, and Ho-Oh is the trio master for the beasts. It's all spelled out on Bulbapedia. Johto's birds also just happen to be a duo themselves, but they act as trio masters for two entirely different trios. And thus, you have been successfully proven wrong. So, now, in the immortal words of Mick Foley and/or Jon Bon Jovi, have a nice day.
lugia or ho-oh are not stated to be the trio master of the birds in crystal, heart gold, or soul silver (im probably wrong though, sleepy as i write this)

as very clearly shown by some events in the anime (orange islands and stuff) anime=/=games

the only evidence i could find that backs up that lugia and the bird trio are related are in the 3rd movie, which means there is no correlation between the trio and lugia, and on the bulbapedia page it says nothing about it being the trio master.

god only knows what ho-oh is doing other than being a sparkly golden bird, and not to mention in the wiki it says "indirectly said in a MYTH that ho-oh formed the 3 beasts

(not to mention it just seems logical for the multicolored bird to be the master of different colored birds

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Trio_master#Relationship_with_their_trio

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten all three legendary birds together in one game? Maybe getting all three of them together summons Lugia in the Sea Spirits Den, as Lugia is regarded as a Sea Spirit, and is the master of the birds. If anyone wants to, I'd love to try this.
Interesting theory! I doubt they'd do that though. Perhaps you could bring LUGIA there?

But what purpose would that serve? If the birds weren't already roaming, Lugia could release them, but they are...

Y'all wrong there,

Lugia and Ho-oh both serve as the masters, Birds have little to no relation, and the beasts are the lesser legends to lugia and ho-oh.

Lugia is the trio master for the birds, and Ho-Oh is the trio master for the beasts. It's all spelled out on Bulbapedia. Johto's birds also just happen to be a duo themselves, but they act as trio masters for two entirely different trios. And thus, you have been successfully proven wrong. So, now, in the immortal words of Mick Foley and/or Jon Bon Jovi, have a nice day.
lugia or ho-oh are not stated to be the trio master of the birds in crystal, heart gold, or soul silver (im probably wrong though, sleepy as i write this)

as very clearly shown by some events in the anime (orange islands and stuff) anime=/=games

the only evidence i could find that backs up that lugia and the bird trio are related are in the 3rd movie, which means there is no correlation between the trio and lugia, and on the bulbapedia page it says nothing about it being the trio master.

god only knows what ho-oh is doing other than being a sparkly golden bird, and not to mention in the wiki it says "indirectly said in a MYTH that ho-oh formed the 3 beasts

(not to mention it just seems logical for the multicolored bird to be the master of different colored birds

Trio master - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

yes, but there saying that the spanish birds go with lugia and the beats go with ho-oh, while the only things we have to protect that is a myth that indirectly states the relation between ho-oh and the beasts, and the anime is the only thing suggesting the spainsh birds and lugia are a trio, and anime=/=games

There's also a spinoff game that depicts Lugia as the trio master of the birds, and this trailer that puts Lugia alongside the birds as it does Ho-oh with the beasts. Honestly, I think the problem here is that the Johto myths haven't been elaborated on nearly as much as some of the later ones, so we have a bunch of unclear stuff like this.

New mystery: According to Serebii, the Inverse trainer has a Flareon and Talonflame with Extreme Speed, but to my knowledge, neither of them can learn it as of yet. So how did they get it?

Source: Pokémon X & Y - Inverse Battle

Edit: Seems to have been an error.

Last edited:
Yes and the legendaries are mythological themselves.
And in the link you may have missed that Ho-oh cannot be caught unless you have the legendary beasts.
Also, about as much to connect Arceus with the creation trio and lake trio as we do with Lugia and the birds, I don't see you arguing Arceus not being a trio master.

Also, this is off topic. Could you argue this somewhere else?

So there's a pretty breaking thing going on over at /vp/...

Might be fake, but basically a dude found a mysterious "............................!" dialouge box appear out of thin air in the Chamber of Emptiness, then in Sea Spirit's Den.

WvbUBs3l.jpg

Emptiness

ogS8ECn.jpg

Sea Spirit

/2spooky

Might be fake, but basically a dude found a mysterious "............................!" dialouge box appear out of thin air in the Chamber of Emptiness, then in Sea Spirit's Den.

WvbUBs3l.jpg

Emptiness

ogS8ECn.jpg

Sea Spirit

/2spooky

Does the guy say anything about what pokemon he had in his party or what he did? Maybe standing there a long time will do it? Otherwise I'm calling fake. Besides, isn't that same text used by an npc somewhere? I thought I'd seen it before.

Apparently some people are speculating that if you bring the Pokemon depicted in the hedges to the garden, it'll unlock a Reshiram/Zekrom event. Sounds farfetch'd, but, then again, the Regis had some pretty odd methods needed to find them...

I think that the fourth hedge is probably just shaped that way for the furfrou puzzle.

Apparently some people are speculating that if you bring the Pokemon depicted in the hedges to the garden, it'll unlock a Reshiram/Zekrom event. Sounds farfetch'd, but, then again, the Regis had some pretty odd methods needed to find them...
well has anyone tried it? or are Chandelure and Solrock unavailable in X/Y?

well has anyone tried it? or are Chandelure and Solrock unavailable in X/Y?
You can get both, actually. Forgot where to find Litwick, but you get Solrock in Glittering Cave. As for those "................!" dialogue boxes, well, um...way 2 spooky

/2spooky

So was this ever followed up on? I'd go look for myself, but 4chan scares me.

/2spooky

So was this ever followed up on? I'd go look for myself, but 4chan scares me.
I ouldn't agree more, it is the Arkham Asylum of the internet. I really wonder about that dialogue, so I hope someone follows it up

He just updated. People were calling fake, but now this in the Chamber of Emptiness:

pzk0cYx.jpg

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom