• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Am I the only one around here who...

Am I the only one who doesn't actually mind friendly rivals? I know people don't like how you aren't as motivated to beat them, but I always feel more immersed in the game knowing my character has actual friends.

Also, am I the only one who really likes Bug types? I know a lot of them are weak, but some (like Scolipede and Scizor) are actually pretty cool and have decent stats.

Also, am I the only one around who was disappointed with the X and Y postgame activities?

Nope. You're not. There's so little to do.

Am I the only one who doesn't actually mind friendly rivals? I know people don't like how you aren't as motivated to beat them, but I always feel more immersed in the game knowing my character has actual friends.

Also, am I the only one who really likes Bug types? I know a lot of them are weak, but some (like Scolipede and Scizor) are actually pretty cool and have decent stats.

No, you're not. I'd rather have unfriendly rivals like Blue and Silver. It makes the rivalry stronger, in my opinion.

And no, you're not the only one either. I don't really like Bug-types, but I like some of them. Scizor, Volcarona, Yanmega, Galvantula and Heracross are excellent Pokémon. By the way, please remember to answer the previous poster's question before posting yours.

Am I the only one who wishes they had never learned to EV train? :c

By the way, please remember to answer the previous poster's question before posting yours.

Oh, I'm sorry! I'll keep that in mind next time.

And, no, you're not the only one who wishes they never learned to EV train. I don't actively EV train, but ever since learning about EVs and IVs there's a part of me that secretly knows my non-trained Pokemon are inferior.

Edit: Am I the only one who's never naturally found a shiny?

Last edited:
By the way, please remember to answer the previous poster's question before posting yours.

Oh, I'm sorry! I'll keep that in mind next time.

And, no, you're not the only one who wishes they never learned to EV train. I don't actively EV train, but ever since learning about EVs and IVs there's a part of me that secretly knows my non-trained Pokemon are inferior.

Also please remember to post a new question when you post :p Hahaha. I'll give it a go:

Am I the only one who thinks Chansey was insanely broken in Gen I?

Am I the only one who thinks Chansey was insanely broken in Gen I?

I never played with Chansey back then so I don't really know, sorry.

(Do we have to reply to the previous person? Or can we reply to any previous posts?)

No, I love them too!

Am I the only one who has a disliking for certain Pokémon? I can't stand Medicham and Liepard.

No, you're not. I have an irrational dislike for a few as well. Not naming names though.

Ok, my turn: am I the only one who can't stand Shauna? People seem to like her a lot, but I just find her irritating. I also don't like the nerdy kid but at least he barely talks to my character.

Ok, my turn: am I the only one who can't stand Shauna? People seem to like her a lot, but I just find her irritating. I also don't like the nerdy kid but at least he barely talks to my character.
Heh, you're not the only one. Some friends of mine can't stand the girl at all, dunno why though.. I have no opinion about her. Kalos friends are meh, I found the rival and/or friends more enjoyable in past gens.

Am I the only one here using a team based on the ones I like, instead of looking at stats and all that stuff? fighting with them even if I know they're not competitive?

Heh, you're not the only one. Some friends of mine can't stand the girl at all, dunno why though.. I have no opinion about her. Kalos friends are meh, I found the rival and/or friends more enjoyable in past gens.

Am I the only one here using a team based on the ones I like, instead of looking at stats and all that stuff? fighting with them even if I know they're not competitive?

Nope, certainly not. I use Pokemon I like only, I care nothing about what they're like competitively.

Am I the only one here who doesnt want a Light type?

I like Calem, Serena and Tierno just fine. Maybe because when I last stopped playing the games before X & Y, rivals and friends barely got much of a role and were very cookie cutter.

You're not the only one who does that, I do it too. When I'm playing competitive battle games online I'll pick pokemon I don't like as much but I still try to build a balanced team with my favourites. In the game, I always play with pokemon I like, I don't care about their stats or anything like that.

Am I the only one here who doesnt want a Light type?

I don't want it either. If they introduce it I won't complain because I can just leave them alone but I won't be a huge fan. In many ways I think that's what the Fairy-type is though. I was hoping they'd give Fairy types a darker edge based on folk lore about fairies and how they're not always fluffy and cute but I guess not. I don't like the designs of most Fairty-types so I probably wouldn't like Light-types very much either.

It would also throw the game off-balance and require a whole new type chart too. There are already pokemon whose typing and strengths could be considered the equivalent of Light such as Fairy and Dragon types.

My question: am I the only one who doesn't care about Fairy types? I don't hate them and they're fun to collect but I'm not a big fan of their designs and moves. They're such a let down.

My question: am I the only one who doesn't care about Fairy types? I don't hate them and they're fun to collect but I'm not a big fan of their designs and moves. They're such a let down.

Nope. I'm thinking just the same. Fairy-types are just not developed enough yet to make the big impact that was expected from them. Another big problem is that most of them are supporters, in a game that is pretty short on multi battles.

And I don't think Light- or Sound-types would be a good idea either, because they couldn't reasonably be weak to anything. Light is only affected by gravity (black holes) and sound cannot be touched by anything.

My Question: Am I the only one who didn't find Lavender Town creepy at all?
(Sorry if someone asked that already. I didn't read through all 60 pages. ^^;)

Nope. I'm thinking just the same. Fairy-types are just not developed enough yet to make the big impact that was expected from them. Another big problem is that most of them are supporters, in a game that is pretty short on multi battles.

And I don't think Light- or Sound-types would be a good idea either, because they couldn't reasonably be weak to anything. Light is only affected by gravity (black holes) and sound cannot be touched by anything.

No you're not, i didn't it find creepy or scary at all when i was a kid and i sure as hell don't find it creepy now, Old Chateau was alot more creepy.
Am the only one that thinks Red is overrated?

(Do we have to reply to the previous person? Or can we reply to any previous posts?)

As long as you answer to the previous person's post and post your own question after, you can answer as many questions as you want! :D

Ehh, actually yes, you are, hahahaha. It was only because of the music, though. I never found the Pokémon Tower that creepy.

Am I the only one who is very happy there are very few legendaries in Gen VI?

As long as you answer to the previous person's post and post your own question after, you can answer as many questions as you want! :D

Ehh, actually yes, you are, hahahaha. It was only because of the music, though. I never found the Pokémon Tower that creepy.

Nope, I was too, however I feel like there couldve been a trio and/or maybe one or two more.

Am I the only one here who hopes they make another new type? I feel like it was a shakeup in a good way.

Yes. I think what we have now is good enough.

Am I the only one here who uses the Friendship berries (Kelpsy, Hondew, etc) just to remove unneeded EVs?

No, that makes me pretty happy, too. Fewer Legends = more box room.

Am I the only one around here who mentally reads Wikstrom's speech in a Thor type voice? Seriously, all the guy would have to say is "Have at thee" and I'd swear he was from Asgard.

Am I the only one around here who mentally reads Wikstrom's speech in a Thor type voice? Seriously, all the guy would have to say is "Have at thee" and I'd swear he was from Asgard.

Maybe. I mentally read his lines as coming from Graham Chapman. :p

Am I the only one around here who develops emotional attachments to his party Pokemon and feels really bad when replacing one of them?

Am I the only one here who uses the Friendship berries (Kelpsy, Hondew, etc) just to remove unneeded EVs?

Well, I'd say yes. Personally, I've never had the need to use them, so...

Am I the only one around here who develops emotional attachments to his party Pokemon and feels really bad when replacing one of them?

Mmmm... I think it depends. I've never felt bad for replacing a Pokémon, but I have felt good when getting rid of some, like when I released my Simisear after I caught a Litwick. I was like "Thank God it's FINALLY gone".

Am I the only one around here who thinks that the Kalos' Gym Leaders are the blandest and most forgettable Gym Leaders ever?

Am I the only one around here who thinks that the Kalos' Gym Leaders are the blandest and most forgettable Gym Leaders ever?

Yes :p I loved the Kalos Gym Leaders. It's not so much that they're special but you can see more of all of their personalities. In the gens I played you got to know a couple of gym leaders but didn't get much of a sense of how unique they were as characters.

I feel bad too even though I know it's ridiculous. It's not so much that I develop emotional attachments, it's just that when I'm playing the game I make up a whole story about my character and her pokémon in my head, and I feel bad about leaving them behind in the PC. Especially if they've been helpful to me at some other point and no longer are.

Am I the only one here who hopes they make another new type? I feel like it was a shakeup in a good way.

Yes. I don't mind that there's a new type since it balances things out a bit more (where Dragon types are concerned, for example) but I think it's enough. At most, I'd like to see the existent types expand in scope. The Fairy type feels kind of random to me so I'd hate to see them pull new types out of their behinds just to innovate.

This is how I feel too... I think that a type that balances out some of the previously overpowered types is a good idea but I feel like they didn't think this through very well. I don't understand the reasoning behind any of its strengths or weaknesses, aside from it being against Steel types.

Agreed. Light could perhaps be less effective against Grass but that's all I can think of. Fairy types already do what people would want a Light type to do. Sound already seems to be covered by other move types and there's not enough pokemon that could be sound-type, plus designs for new characters would be weirdly specific.

And no, I didn't think Lavender Town was creepy when I played the game. Nowadays I think it's eerie in a pleasant way.

---

Am I the only one who feels bad about trading away pokémon, especially if it's a box of pokemon I got from breeding for a specific nature and now have to discard? It makes me feel especially bad if I put them through Wonder Trade. I can't help but wonder if the other person will care about them at all or will just release them or leave them forgotten in their PC. I know it's just a game and in previous gens it would have been more or less ok, but stuff like Pokémon Amie and the new fainting animations make me feel bad.

Am I the only one who feels bad about trading away pokémon, especially if it's a box of pokemon I got from breeding for a specific nature and now have to discard? It makes me feel especially bad if I put them through Wonder Trade. I can't help but wonder if the other person will care about them at all or will just release them or leave them forgotten in their PC. I know it's just a game and in previous gens it would have been more or less ok, but stuff like Pokémon Amie and the new fainting animations make me feel bad.
Yes, omg. I feel that a lot. Luckily, I don't trade with people that much.

Am I the only one that tries to use bad pokemon to make the game harder for me?

Nope. I too regret trading away sometimes. Especially if it's a former team member (My fully-evolved Black 1 starter was one of them). I'm sure that the recipients will treat them well.

Am I the only one here who trains their Pokémon to cover gaps in defensive stats? (Example: training Special Defence on a Steelix, who already has a boatload of physical Defense) I usually do this in regular gameplay.

No, I don't think so. Oftentimes I would train my pokes in things that they're strong in of course, but there are special cases in where I would EV train a Pokemon in something they typically don't do so well in (like EV training my Scizor to become more specially defensive).

Am I the only one that doesn't have interest in training their Pokemon to Lv 100? I honestly feel it's a lot of effort and I don't really get much out of it, so I just train my pokes to lv 70 (or maybe 75 at max, though I have a few like my Gengar and Dragonite that are 80+), and leave it at that.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom