• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Would have loved if Boldore would have Evolved by Now that would have been Good By Now I Think.

Also, please at least evolve Scraggy into Scarfty before the end of Best Wishes. Everyone minus Leavanny and Pignite got the shaft so c'mon! I always knew Snivy wouldn't evolve while hoping Ash would get a Gigalith to match Trip Conkeldurr and finally have a fully evolved water type starter but lol.
Unfezant says hi

Interested in how the anime will incorporate mega evolution. Seems like a good way to make Ash look like a rookie once again.

Interested in how the anime will incorporate mega evolution. Seems like a good way to make Ash look like a rookie once again.

I agree, this is a way to have Ash be a rookie again without it being a direct contradiction to what has come before... heck I wouldn't be surprised if they created a Pikachu Mega Evolution just so they could use it in the show. It's also a good way to bring older Pokémon back as well though it is still doubtful.

I agree, this is a way to have Ash be a rookie again without it being a direct contradiction to what has come before... heck I wouldn't be surprised if they created a Pikachu Mega Evolution just so they could use it in the show. It's also a good way to bring older Pokémon back as well though it is still doubtful.

Please no Mega Pikachu. That would steal very much screen time from newer pokemons.

Please no Mega Pikachu. That would steal very much screen time from newer pokemons.

I only said it was likely they would do that... I myself also dread that possibility...

Re: Should Ashs Totodile evolve?

Every single one of Ash's Pokemon that can evolve should evolve, IMO. Totodile is no exception.

I believe it got enough experience to evolve at least into a Croconaw. Sure, they wanted make Totodile a some sort of comic relief with his dancing and stuff back in Johto, but now he's been Oak'd for an eternity, so there's no reason why he shouldn't evolve.

Every single one of Ash's Pokemon that can evolve should evolve, IMO. Totodile is no exception.

I believe it got enough experience to evolve at least into a Croconaw. Sure, they wanted make Totodile a some sort of comic relief with his dancing and stuff back in Johto, but now he's been Oak'd for an eternity, so there's no reason why he shouldn't evolve.
But he actually had a personality and I have a hard time seeing a Croconaw/Feraligatr dancing around like Totodile does now.

I think all of Satoshi's starters should evolve eventually, but sadly I have a hard time picturing any of his Water-type ones evolving. Also, Waninoko wouldn't necessarily lose its personality after evolving. Kimori didn't lose its personality, same goes to Meguroco, Lizardo, Chikorita, etc. I can see it dancing as an Alligates or Ordile. Actually, that would be an hilarious thing to watch. A 7'07 monstrosity dancing and jumping around? Yes, please.

I would absolutely love it if it Evolved. Totodile, Gible and Scraggy are the 3 of Ash's pokemon I want to see evolve the most. I also think they could easily keep his personality. If anything it would make it more hilarious. Imagine a dancing, happy as anything Feraligatr. Who wouldn't want that?

So to answer the question, yes, definitely.

Its not like Ash will ever use it again in any serious capacity so there's no reason to keep it unevolved.

Merging with the Capture/Evo/Release thread, since there's no evidence of Totodile evolving any time soon, and it seems like the current discussion would be better suited for this thread.

I think all of Satoshi's starters should evolve eventually, but sadly I have a hard time picturing any of his Water-type ones evolving. Also, Waninoko wouldn't necessarily lose its personality after evolving. Kimori didn't lose its personality, same goes to Meguroco, Lizardo, Chikorita, etc. I can see it dancing as an Alligates or Ordile. Actually, that would be an hilarious thing to watch. A 7'07 monstrosity dancing and jumping around? Yes, please.

Now when you made me think twice it seems like a good idea with a dancing Feraligatr. That would be a deadly weapon in battles too as a dancing Feraligatr probably would destroy anything in its way.

I will take a guess that Ash will catch all three of the starters in Kalos. For some reason, they all suit him, IMO.

Taking into consideration the possibility of Ruby/Saphire/Emerald remakes, it'd be so foolish to not have May return in Kalos.

May has a Venesaur, a Blaziken, and a Wartotle/potential Blastoise. I.E.: Three potential MegaEvolutions to show off. That would be a missed opportunity if we didn't see her again.

Then again, they didn't bring back Misty for HG/SS, who had a team of almost half Johto pokemon. She could've came back with a Kingdra, Marill/Azumarill/ as well as her Politoad and Corsola.

*Sighs*

Back
Top Bottom