• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Bug Mafia-ENDGAME-MAFIA AND INDEPENDENT WIN!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bug Mafia-Day One-BUGVILLE!

Togekissed hasn't played mafia before. :/ Leave them alone for a bit.

Dark Chocolate is uh... tying the votes? We have a while before the phase ends.

When more people start voting, the situation will change. No point in worrying about it until more people have had a chance to speak up and place their votes.

@Togekissed; Sorry if you've already pointed this out before but is this your first time playing mafia or just your first time playing it on Bulba?

Vote: The Pikachu

If they're not going to be active, there's no reason to keep them around.

@CrackFox; I'm not getting the impression that Togekissed is being easily lead.

Vote:Togekissed

Really jumpy at an early stage of the game, seems to get convinced way too easily.

She's being active, but I don't know how that's necessarily bad thing? If anything her actions show that she wants to get things done, and her activity is getting the game to flow too. I can see how somebody might find it odd, but is it really bad, especially early?

Vote: The Pikachu

If they're not going to be active, there's no reason to keep them around.

But they haven't even confirmed yet, and will be subbed out by the end of this phase.

So many votes already, even that alone I'd say makes for a pretty good start with things to work with now and later.
Zima said:
*twitches*

If we get a fucking mislynch...

I think I'll wait for more people to post before placing my vote.
To be honest, I don’t understand why a mislynch would be so awful D1? Of course it’d be best to hit mafia if a lynch occurs, but when it gets to the point that a lot of people have given their opinion on someone and there are lots of votes placed, I think seeing what that person flips would add a lot to how we can look at the discussions that led to the lynch, even if the person turned up town.

Plus, this is a pretty good-sized game so it wouldn’t be devastating; lynching a power role would be bad, but hopefully they could find a way to get out of that since there are ways, even aside from claiming. And on a bright side, it’d narrow the field and up the odds slightly for the next day phase of hitting mafia.

That said though, I don't know if I'm super feeling the Togekissed lynch any more over one on Dark Chocolate. I'm not seeing the flip-flopping on sides all that much, she's only voted twice and other people have changed votes as well. Plus, her reason for voting DC over Human does make some sense - particularly from a new player's POV - since it seems like people do tend to think more active players are less suspicious by virtue of being more active.

Though DC I haven't seen anything that alarming from either; checking quickly to come into the game I could see it being easy to miss that note about The Pikachu being subbed out if he doesn't confirm, and a vote like that doesn't really strike me as that out of some of her usual town D1 voting.

Personally I think Neonsands's vote is more suspicious than either of theirs:

Neonsands said:
Vote: Dark Chocolate

For having a jerk as his avatar.
This vote bothers me a bit because there had already been other votes at the point it was made (on at least 4-5 different people if I recall), and it doesn't really add anything, and feels a little like an attempt to be safe, not stirring the pot by giving anyone more pressure that could end up backfiring or something. And the usual "lynch vs. no lynch" conversation had already come up to, making this just stand-out as not really seeming like either side and just there to get a post in initially. The other votes at least had some more apparent reasoning behind them, whether for pressure, to balance out a vote, even the one for not confirming was something more than just a joke one.

VOTE: Neonsands

Though if things end up looking like a tie later on between Togekissed and DC, I'll definitely change my vote to tie-break because even that would be more beneficial than a no lynch no matter what alignment they'd flip, I think.

Other than that, Wallflower's vote is strange but if anything I think it'd draw attention to her so it's not really all that concerning to me as far as if it's suspicious for scum at the moment.

vote: The Pikachu

I don't like the amount of defense she's getting without even having done anything.

Day Phases are all 48 hours right? In that case;

UNVOTE: Dark Chocolate

I don't like the amount of defense she's getting without even having done anything.

What defence? Or, do you agree that a player who hasn't even been on this website for almost 10 days is worth lynching more over everyone else?

Last edited:

What defence? Or, do you agree that a player who hasn't even been on this website for almost 10 days is worth lynching more over everyone else?

This defense. And yes, I think that if he's being defended without even speaking up himself he's certainly worth a lynch over everyone else at the moment.

This defense. And yes, I think that if he's being defended without even speaking up himself he's certainly worth a lynch over everyone else at the moment.

What one?

Your arguing over why she shouldn't be lynched. That's a defense.

I only used simple common sense on something I found to be strange to do, I didn't think I was even bothering to put an effort to defend them.

So many votes already, even that alone I'd say makes for a pretty good start with things to work with now and later.

To be honest, I don’t understand why a mislynch would be so awful D1? Of course it’d be best to hit mafia if a lynch occurs, but when it gets to the point that a lot of people have given their opinion on someone and there are lots of votes placed, I think seeing what that person flips would add a lot to how we can look at the discussions that led to the lynch, even if the person turned up town.

Plus, this is a pretty good-sized game so it wouldn’t be devastating; lynching a power role would be bad, but hopefully they could find a way to get out of that since there are ways, even aside from claiming. And on a bright side, it’d narrow the field and up the odds slightly for the next day phase of hitting mafia.

That said though, I don't know if I'm super feeling the Togekissed lynch any more over one on Dark Chocolate. I'm not seeing the flip-flopping on sides all that much, she's only voted twice and other people have changed votes as well. Plus, her reason for voting DC over Human does make some sense - particularly from a new player's POV - since it seems like people do tend to think more active players are less suspicious by virtue of being more active.

Though DC I haven't seen anything that alarming from either; checking quickly to come into the game I could see it being easy to miss that note about The Pikachu being subbed out if he doesn't confirm, and a vote like that doesn't really strike me as that out of some of her usual town D1 voting.

Personally I think Neonsands's vote is more suspicious than either of theirs:

Neonsands said:
Vote: Dark Chocolate

For having a jerk as his avatar.
This vote bothers me a bit because there had already been other votes at the point it was made (on at least 4-5 different people if I recall), and it doesn't really add anything, and feels a little like an attempt to be safe, not stirring the pot by giving anyone more pressure that could end up backfiring or something. And the usual "lynch vs. no lynch" conversation had already come up to, making this just stand-out as not really seeming like either side and just there to get a post in initially. The other votes at least had some more apparent reasoning behind them, whether for pressure, to balance out a vote, even the one for not confirming was something more than just a joke one.

Though if things end up looking like a tie later on between Togekissed and DC, I'll definitely change my vote to tie-break because even that would be more beneficial than a no lynch no matter what alignment they'd flip, I think.

Other than that, Wallflower's vote is strange but if anything I think it'd draw attention to her so it's not really all that concerning to me as far as if it's suspicious for scum at the moment.

I'll be honest, my vote meant nothing to me. Nothing had happened and yeah, I guess I could have saved my first post for later, but it was before I went to bed and I just felt like posting in a way that let a fellow Kuroko fan know I was one too. You're absolutely right on that front. You're absolutely wrong if you think I'm mafia, though =P

Anyways, I'm against lynches day 1. I understand your reasoning of getting something out of it, but do we really? Nobody has said anything remotely useful so far. The most we can get is a blind luck mafia kill where everyone who voted it can say "yeah, i totally knew" after and everyone who tried to tie it will look bad. Just seems silly to likely kill off a power role for the mafia before they even get a chance to use their power.

What I think is particularly weird, is the votes that piled on DC after mine. There is no reason to single out a person and create a voting wagon on two people just to pressure them. Especially a new player. Sure you might get something out of them, but it also increases their chance to say something to save themselves that people view as a "scumtell". I'm more about data over time, and not forcing the equation because mafia tend to avoid any sort of pressure and more than likely townies just accuse townies of things.

Day Phases are all 48 hours right? In that case;

UNVOTE: Dark Chocolate

Why me? And I know, why me = fry me in mafia terms, but seriously. FA atleast gave a reasoning to go for me. You questioned Mijz' rationale in the post and then targeted me. Do you agree with it or what? Taking away from DC with your vote just makes it more likely that we won't be able to tie the votes down the line.

In that respect.

Unvote: Dark Chocolate
Vote: Neonsands

I don't want a lynch day 1. I want people to talk, but I don't believe anything of value has come up to warrant a lynching yet.

Two votes are better than one, and it gets you to talk more. And yes, I agreed with what she brought up being worth voting you.

I don't want a lynch day 1. I want people to talk, but I don't believe anything of value has come up to warrant a lynching yet.

To get people to talk you can vote others and see how they react. Nothing will ever "come up" to warrant a lynch if you never talk, it can be achieved by trying to start up something through voting. For example, Mijzelffan saw me, voted The_Pikachu, got me to talk and through there now everyone has something to read on. That's getting the game moving on and making it flow for the better, even if a Day 1 lynch ends up leading to a mislynch, it's better than a No Lynch if it leads to something, and in the end, it's more likely that a power role that would hardly benefit the Town is taken away.

Also; Voting Somebody =/= Wants to lynch you for sure.

UNVOTE: Neonsands

My biggest Town read now tbh.

Ok so I just read those comments, and I feel like Togekissed shouldn't be getting all the blame here. On my first mafia (or my most recent) I acted like that, going with a NL, then changing my mind to vote for the person randomly voting, and yes GlisgorMan did think I was scum. But really here, that much pressure on a new player is not cool, she's still learning how to play. Dark Chocolate also switched votes twice, I wanted to bring that up also.

As for my vote....VOTE: SilverGlitch
Because why not, I can't get any scum reads right now. At all. But I do want to say something here, Dark Chocolate, do you truly belive Togekissed is mafia?

unvote: The Pikachu
Vote: Togekissed

I know it's still early in the phase, but since I have three votes already I want to tie up the votes just in case.
If you don't, then that vote is highly scummy, voting for another person to save yourself, even if you don't think they're scum. That is my reason for:
FoS: Dark Chocolate. I'd like you to talk about that vote.
However, I can't put my actual finger of voting on anyone yet.

You weren't lynched for making someone have the majority vote, at least that wasn't the only reason iirc. You asked someone why they shouldn't be lynched, somebody saw that as you softly asking for a claim on Day 1 and found that suspicious and thus helped get you lynched. I don't know why you're being so worried.

The way I saw it, I was trying to get stuff done while nobody else was willing. I even explained that, yet it still got me lynched. What's wrong with me being a little bit paranoid now that, in my mind, I'm trying to do the exact same thing?

And uh. What? SilverGlitch's post above mine strikes me as incredibly odd. Mind explaining what you mean by your first paragraph:

Ok so I just read those comments, and I feel like Togekissed shouldn't be getting all the blame here. On my first mafia (or my most recent) I acted like that, going with a NL, then changing my mind to vote for the person randomly voting, and yes GlisgorMan did think I was scum. But really here, that much pressure on a new player is not cool, she's still learning how to play. Dark Chocolate also switched votes twice, I wanted to bring that up also.

Looking back, I find it a bit strange that CrackFox's first post in this game is to vote a player who is new(granted, their playing style will be debatable since no one has played before with them therefore making it hard to tell what they normally would do) and also had the majority of votes. Now, I'm not against a lynch here. But at the same time, to me, it almost looks like she's trying to get an easy lynch.

I don't find that enough to vote her, though. Just pointing that out as something mildly odd.

Bug Mafia-Day One-BUGVILLE!

The way I saw it, I was trying to get stuff done while nobody else was willing. I even explained that, yet it still got me lynched. What's wrong with me being a little bit paranoid now that, in my mind, I'm trying to do the exact same thing?

And uh. What? SilverGlitch's post above mine strikes me as incredibly odd. Mind explaining what you mean by your first paragraph:

Ok I am offically confused but let me try to go more in-depth here, I suck at making arguments.

I feel like Togekissed is a new player and if her playstyle comes up as scummy for changing her mind, she doesn't deserve to be lynched, it's just something that new players do. Then I give an example of this behavior from the Christmas Mafia about how I was in favor of NL's and then other people's comments convinced me to change my mind and lynch someone, Zima made Togekissed change her mind also, so people shouldn't be pinning her down for the way she's acting. If you're confused about the part where I said you suspected me, I was referencing the Christmas mafia.
Wow I suck at explaining.

In case you haven't noticed, I'm WiiWill with a name change. I'm guessing you have though.

VOTE: Turtwig A

Last edited:

I think I've caught up on everything. Very complicated and back and forth already!!! :D

The reads I've got are basically non existent right now. It's really hard to work out where people are coming from, so I'll hold off on a vote because there seems to be enough flying around right now. I'll see what others have to say before I begin to try and make conclusions.

A lot of times the mafia will kill a low-key player early in the game to avoid giving the town leads. Even if The Pikachu is subbed out at the end of this phase, the replacement will be a likely target for a nightkill because we have no information on that role without a player to defend themselves. If we're lucky, The Pikachu will turn out to be an inactive mafia member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom