• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Bug Mafia-ENDGAME-MAFIA AND INDEPENDENT WIN!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bug Mafia-Day One-BUGVILLE!

VOTE: Turtwig A

Don't forget to bold your vote.

A lot of times the mafia will kill a low-key player early in the game to avoid giving the town leads. Even if The Pikachu is subbed out at the end of this phase, the replacement will be a likely target for a nightkill because we have no information on that role without a player to defend themselves. If we're lucky, The Pikachu will turn out to be an inactive mafia member.

That is the opposite of what I want. An inactive mafia just gives you less of a chance of finding them.

Two votes are better than one, and it gets you to talk more. And yes, I agreed with what she brought up being worth voting you.

I don't want a lynch day 1. I want people to talk, but I don't believe anything of value has come up to warrant a lynching yet.

To get people to talk you can vote others and see how they react. Nothing will ever "come up" to warrant a lynch if you never talk, it can be achieved by trying to start up something through voting. For example, Mijzelffan saw me, voted The_Pikachu, got me to talk and through there now everyone has something to read on. That's getting the game moving on and making it flow for the better, even if a Day 1 lynch ends up leading to a mislynch, it's better than a No Lynch if it leads to something, and in the end, it's more likely that a power role that would hardly benefit the Town is taken away.

Also; Voting Somebody =/= Wants to lynch you for sure.

UNVOTE: Neonsands

My biggest Town read now tbh.

Not really understanding what you mean by all this. Why would Mijz voting for someone else make you react the way you explained. Shouldn't you have only responded if you were pressured? And there it goes again. You unvoted me, but at the cost of giving a chance to tie the votes. I really don't understand why you would do something like that.

Ok so I just read those comments, and I feel like Togekissed shouldn't be getting all the blame here. On my first mafia (or my most recent) I acted like that, going with a NL, then changing my mind to vote for the person randomly voting, and yes GlisgorMan did think I was scum. But really here, that much pressure on a new player is not cool, she's still learning how to play. Dark Chocolate also switched votes twice, I wanted to bring that up also.

As for my vote....VOTE: SilverGlitch
Because why not, I can't get any scum reads right now. At all. But I do want to say something here, Dark Chocolate, do you truly belive Togekissed is mafia?

unvote: The Pikachu
Vote: Togekissed

I know it's still early in the phase, but since I have three votes already I want to tie up the votes just in case.
If you don't, then that vote is highly scummy, voting for another person to save yourself, even if you don't think they're scum. That is my reason for:
FoS: Dark Chocolate. I'd like you to talk about that vote.
However, I can't put my actual finger of voting on anyone yet.

Okay. So I'm not understanding this much either. Dark Chocolate is your suspicion, but you are voting for yourself. This seems like an attempt to let Togekissed get lynched and claim you knew better later. This is a mafia tactic, of diversion. You give yourself an alibi later, knowing full well that Togekissed is innocent, and you vote yourself so as not to allow a tie to happen.

As of now the three I find most likely to be mafia are SilverGlitch, HumanDawn, and The Pikachu by association. That being said, I have nothing to prove that. Your actions just seem to be confusing and against the better interest of the town.

PLAYERS:
1. @Zima;
2. @FinalArcadia;
3. @harryheart;
4. @GliscorMan;
5. @Charles Dunois;
6. @Nytie;
7. @Pokemaster97;
8. @♦Wallflower♦;
9. @Momoka;
10. @The_Pikachu;
11. @Neonsands;
12. @HumanDawn;
13. @Mijzelffan;
14. @ThatCrazyArtist;
15. @CrackFox;
16. @Elysion;
17. @Togekissed;
18. @WiiWill;
19. @Dark Chocolate;
20. @Turtwig A;

The bugs in Bugsville gathered as an announcement was announced. "The times are changing!" The mayor, an unown bug announced.

Okay so some very important things, and a rule change.

1) Because I got screwed over at work, I have to work weekdays so I am banning skype convos. PMs and QTs are allowed freely, anytime, anyday, but no skype. It lags my computer when I come on to twenty different convos, with 1000+ messages, and I don't like logs being sent to me because they are too easy to fake.

2)BOLD YOUR VOTES. THERE IS A 'B' AT THE TOP OF THE TYPING BOX. CLICK IT AND PUT YOUR VOTE BETWEEN THE TWO B'S OTHERWISE I WILL NOT COUNT YOUR VOTE.

3) IF YOU CHANGE YOUR USERNAME THEN SAY SO IN THE THREAD. Like so: mwto is now Midorikawa

4) I didn't state this in the rules and want it stated now, and will add it. Only in thread activity counts, and it must be contributing. Things like "oh the doc died" or "yeah we got mafia" do not count. Neither does simple voting ^_^

So how many of you thought this was a phase update?

VOTE: Turtwig A

Any particular reason for the vote?

The way I saw it, I was trying to get stuff done while nobody else was willing. I even explained that, yet it still got me lynched. What's wrong with me being a little bit paranoid now that, in my mind, I'm trying to do the exact same thing?

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from now.

Not really understanding what you mean by all this. Why would Mijz voting for someone else make you react the way you explained. Shouldn't you have only responded if you were pressured? And there it goes again. You unvoted me, but at the cost of giving a chance to tie the votes. I really don't understand why you would do something like that.

He saw the "defence" I made on The Pikachu and voted him. Since I made it it's likely I would post about it. I don't need to be pressured to do whatever I like? Okay? What's the problem?

As of now the three I find most likely to be mafia are SilverGlitch, HumanDawn, and The Pikachu by association. That being said, I have nothing to prove that. Your actions just seem to be confusing and against the better interest of the town.

I don't know about the confusing part to me, I might just be being lazy this time for explaining for the umpteenth time why votes and lynches are better than nothing(and certain actions?), but if you're confused by something you should explain what's so confusing about it. I'm not sure what you're saying about me being against the better interest of the town? What I've been doing this phase is what I see being for the better interest of the Town based on how always helpful it is in past games. If you think No lynching without trying to do anything through voting, you're actually going against the better interest of the town in my eyes.

A lot of times the mafia will kill a low-key player early in the game to avoid giving the town leads. Even if The Pikachu is subbed out at the end of this phase, the replacement will be a likely target for a nightkill because we have no information on that role without a player to defend themselves. If we're lucky, The Pikachu will turn out to be an inactive mafia member.

You seeing it happen once or twice doesn't mean it happens "a lot of times", and it's not really a beneficial move in the end. The Mafia will more likely kill someone who is a general threat early on, although I think that just depends on whoever the Mafia is, their power roles and what they're afraid of. Their replacement sub can talk in the Night and share reads though? I'd rather a lynch be formed on something solid than a weak "Lets lynch somebody inactive and hope he's Mafia".

I'm getting mild scum reads from Nytie, it feels like he's going more for an easy lynch than anything.

@Midorikawa; Me. I was like OMG an update already??

Dark Chocolate also switched votes twice, I wanted to bring that up also.
I voted for The Pikachu, and then switched to Togekissed. I only changed my vote once.

But I do want to say something here, Dark Chocolate, do you truly belive Togekissed is mafia?
I don't know if Togekissed is mafia yet. I just voted to tie the votes. For now, it seems unnecessary to keep my vote on someone I don't suspect. I'll unvote.

Unvote: Togekissed

First of all, WiiWill is now SilverGlitch

Ok so I just read those comments, and I feel like Togekissed shouldn't be getting all the blame here. On my first mafia (or my most recent) I acted like that, going with a NL, then changing my mind to vote for the person randomly voting, and yes GlisgorMan did think I was scum. But really here, that much pressure on a new player is not cool, she's still learning how to play. Dark Chocolate also switched votes twice, I wanted to bring that up also.

As for my vote....VOTE: SilverGlitch
Because why not, I can't get any scum reads right now. At all. But I do want to say something here, Dark Chocolate, do you truly belive Togekissed is mafia?

unvote: The Pikachu

I know it's still early in the phase, but since I have three votes already I want to tie up the votes just in case.
If you don't, then that vote is highly scummy, voting for another person to save yourself, even if you don't think they're scum. That is my reason for:
FoS: Dark Chocolate. I'd like you to talk about that vote.
However, I can't put my actual finger of voting on anyone yet.

Okay. So I'm not understanding this much either. Dark Chocolate is your suspicion, but you are voting for yourself. This seems like an attempt to let Togekissed get lynched and claim you knew better later. This is a mafia tactic, of diversion. You give yourself an alibi later, knowing full well that Togekissed is innocent, and you vote yourself so as not to allow a tie to happen.

Ok...let me try to see where you're getting at...so you think that I defended Togekissed but didn't vote Dark Chocolate to tie the votes up, only suspected him so that I could act like I was innocent. I didn't have a total scum read on Dark Chocolate, so I thought "better safe than sorry" and only FoS'd him because I wanted him to talk about his vote, and he did.As for me voting myself, I had no mafia reads so I just voted myself.
@Midorikawa; Me. I was like OMG an update already??

I voted for The Pikachu, and then switched to Togekissed. I only changed my vote once.

But I do want to say something here, Dark Chocolate, do you truly belive Togekissed is mafia?
I don't know if Togekissed is mafia yet. I just voted to tie the votes. For now, it seems unnecessary to keep my vote on someone I don't suspect. I'll unvote.

Thank you for not being a total jerk like your avatar.
Un-FoS: Dark Chocolate

I don't have any mafia reads at the moment.

I find Zima's comments a bit scummy. Frankly, I don't like the whole "If we get a mislynch day one" attitude you're displaying already. You're subtly trying to make yourself appear town by using a "we" IMO, it's almost like you're trying to make a show of the fact that you don't want a mislynch because you're an innocent townie. Even if we get a mislynch, we can gain valuable information, and in a game of this number, the chances of a lynching a mafia member is slim to none.

Vote:SilverGlitch
I feel like we're far past the time of silly random votes. Just how does voting yourself at all help the town progress in the scum hunt? To be honest, I'd rather you didn't vote at all then cast a pointless self vote.

You seeing it happen once or twice doesn't mean it happens "a lot of times", and it's not really a beneficial move in the end. The Mafia will more likely kill someone who is a general threat early on, although I think that just depends on whoever the Mafia is, their power roles and what they're afraid of. Their replacement sub can talk in the Night and share reads though? I'd rather a lynch be formed on something solid than a weak "Lets lynch somebody inactive and hope he's Mafia".

I'm getting mild scum reads from Nytie, it feels like he's going more for an easy lynch than anything.

I've seen it more than one or two times, and killing a fairly inactive player on the first night doesn't give the town much info, a decent move for the mafia. I don't see anything else "solid" that would merit a vote. Going after someone who hasn't even claimed yet and therefore hasn't contributed at all is low-risk because we're probably not going to lose anything useful.

Bug Mafia-Day One-BUGVILLE!

FoSes aren't votes :p

Midori is bad host

I know :p I just feel like stating that lol.
I find Zima's comments a bit scummy. Frankly, I don't like the whole "If we get a mislynch day one" attitude you're displaying already. You're subtly trying to make yourself appear town by using a "we" IMO, it's almost like you're trying to make a show of the fact that you don't want a mislynch because you're an innocent townie. Even if we get a mislynch, we can gain valuable information, and in a game of this number, the chances of a lynching a mafia member is slim to none.

I feel like we're far past the time of silly random votes. Just how does voting yourself at all help the town progress in the scum hunt? To be honest, I'd rather you didn't vote at all then cast a pointless self vote.
Well first off, in nearly every mafia Zima does that. Second off, to answer your question, voting myself doesn't, but other parts of the post did generate discussion, which helps in the scum hunt, and now the part about me voting myself also is generating discussion by your post, which also helps the town get reads, and especially right now when it is hard to get reads. So right now discussion really helps the town, so I think my post did help the scum hunt. You may want to read that over a couple of times because that sounded a lot better in my head than when I typed it :/

Last edited:

Midori is bad host

Well first off, in nearly every mafia Zima does that. Second off, to answer your question, voting myself doesn't, but other parts of the post did generate discussion, which helps in the scum hunt, and now the part about me voting myself also is generating discussion by your post, which also helps the town get reads, and especially right now when it is hard to get reads. So right now discussion really helps the town, so I think my post did help the scum hunt. You may want to read that over a couple of times because that sounded a lot better in my head than when I typed it :/

I know Zima says it in the recent mafias we've played in. It was unhelpful in the last one, and it's unhelpful in this one as well. I did see that you were generating discussion in some parts of your post, but you voting yourself just cancels that out in my eyes. By voting yourself, you're drawing unnecessary attention to yourself, attention that could be directed at lynching someone who's actually a mafioso (assuming you're town). tl;dr if you're town and voting for yourself, you're wasting time by having other people talk about it.

Midori is bad host

I know Zima says it in the recent mafias we've played in. It was unhelpful in the last one, and it's unhelpful in this one as well. I did see that you were generating discussion in some parts of your post, but you voting yourself just cancels that out in my eyes. By voting yourself, you're drawing unnecessary attention to yourself, attention that could be directed at lynching someone who's actually a mafioso (assuming you're town). tl;dr if you're town and voting for yourself, you're wasting time by having other people talk about it.

Well, if you really think that then
UNVOTE: SilverGlitch.

He saw the "defence" I made on The Pikachu and voted him. Since I made it it's likely I would post about it. I don't need to be pressured to do whatever I like? Okay? What's the problem?

I don't know about the confusing part to me, I might just be being lazy this time for explaining for the umpteenth time why votes and lynches are better than nothing(and certain actions?), but if you're confused by something you should explain what's so confusing about it. I'm not sure what you're saying about me being against the better interest of the town? What I've been doing this phase is what I see being for the better interest of the Town based on how always helpful it is in past games. If you think No lynching without trying to do anything through voting, you're actually going against the better interest of the town in my eyes.

The issue I'm having, is that Mijz voted somebody to apply pressure. You hopped on and came to their defense instead of letting them do it. That goes against everything you just told me.

Plus, I just don't see how hopping on a vote and trying to start a bandwagon is helpful when you keep switching if it doesn't work. I just want a no lynch so our power roles live on and get at least one night to show their worth. Nobody can properly defend themselves day 1. There is just a higher chance of error and no point in doing it. That's why I see it as harming the town. Say 1/3 of the players are mafia (which is generous), that means we have a 2/3 chance of lynching a townie. Why take a losing gamble?

Ok...let me try to see where you're getting at...so you think that I defended Togekissed but didn't vote Dark Chocolate to tie the votes up, only suspected him so that I could act like I was innocent. I didn't have a total scum read on Dark Chocolate, so I thought "better safe than sorry" and only FoS'd him because I wanted him to talk about his vote, and he did.As for me voting myself, I had no mafia reads so I just voted myself.

No, the issue I had was that you voted for yourself when you had an inclination of doubt on Dark Chocolate. Sure you didn't have mafia reads, but you specifically mentioned that you had a shadow of a doubt on Dark Chocolate but didn't vote him. You didn't put any pressure on him to answer, you just said something. My remark was that this is a common mafia trick. It lets them show later on that they didn't vote for an innocent and that they knew better than to do it. Just something I noticed for later. It is only a possibility.

I've seen it more than one or two times, and killing a fairly inactive player on the first night doesn't give the town much info, a decent move for the mafia. I don't see anything else "solid" that would merit a vote. Going after someone who hasn't even claimed yet and therefore hasn't contributed at all is low-risk because we're probably not going to lose anything useful.

Yes but the sub can be active during the Night and post their reads and be considered on the same level as almost everyone else? All right I can see where you're coming from from there, even though I still disagree.

Vote Count:

Momoka - I (Elysion)
Togekissed - III (Turtwig A, Charles Duonis, Crackfox)
Dark Chocolate - II (Neonsands, Togekissed)
Wallflower - I (Wallflower)
The Pikachu - II (Nytie, Mijzelffan)
Neonsands - II (Finalarcadia, Neonsands)
SilverGlitch - I (Pokemaster97)
TurtwigA - I (TheCrazyArtist)
HumanDawn - I (Gliscorman)

Last edited:

Sorry I haven't said much, i've been a bit busy got a lot of video games for Christmas

Reading through i'm not getting a scummy vibe from SG personally, voting for yourself isn't uncommon even though it's very pointless and tends to get people's backs up. WallFlower also voted for herself and hasn't said anything, let's not let that slip under the radar if we're gonna call SG out for his vote. Looking at the vote tally, I do feel bad lynching Togekissed if it is her first mafia game. Also it would explain why she might seem unsure of herself.

In regards to Zima being so oppossed to random lynching, she was exactly the same in the last game I played with her and she was innocent. I don't think it can be associated with being on any particularl side, so I'm not suspicious of that. As usual, i'm all for a D1 lynch and since we know so little and it is a random vote for the most part, I prefer to take someone down who isn't participating. For this reason

Vote: The Pikachu

Say 1/3 of the players are mafia (which is generous), that means we have a 2/3 chance of lynching a townie. Why take a losing gamble?

That seems way too high. I'd say every 1/5 or 1/4 at the most. I don't know what everyone is aiming for when they vote on D1, I hardly ever expect to hit mafia but either way a death is something to analyse and people's motives and votes on that person become suddenly meaningful. We get info regardless. The only problem is risking losing an important role but then that's why there's so much endless debate before the final decision is made.

Wow, um... a ton of stuff happened while I was gone for a day. I was trying to be active at the beginning because I knew I would be gone, and also because I wasn't aware at that time that laying low was a thing. I didn't know that would be interpreted as being jumpy/paranoid, so I'll try to do it less while still staying fairly active.

That seems way too high. I'd say every 1/5 or 1/4 at the most. I don't know what everyone is aiming for when they vote on D1, I hardly ever expect to hit mafia but either way a death is something to analyse and people's motives and votes on that person become suddenly meaningful. We get info regardless. The only problem is risking losing an important role but then that's why there's so much endless debate before the final decision is made.

In that case, it would be best to lynch an inactive player (The Pikachu) either way, right? If they're Mafia, YAY! If they're Town, we still get info and they weren't doing their job anyways, so it's not like the Town will feel the loss.

That said:
UNVOTE: Dark Chocolate
VOTE: The Pikachu

Looking back at that post, it kind of looks like I'm targeting The Pikachu specifically, which I'm not, it just seems to me that inactive players would be best to lynch.

Unvote: Neonsands

Y'all are the most difficult people to work with. We shouldn't lynch Togekissed or The Pikachu. What have they done that will give us information? We don't get anything from it =(

Can we please just make it into the night phase and make rash decisions after that.

Unvote: Neonsands

Y'all are the most difficult people to work with. We shouldn't lynch Togekissed or The Pikachu. What have they done that will give us information? We don't get anything from it =(

Can we please just make it into the night phase and make rash decisions after that.
Oh my God, you JUST said you shouldn't lynch me and then you go and vote for me? What?

And to answer your question, lynches and kills of any sort make the game move.
But fine, if it means my own head:
UNVOTE: The Pikachu

In that case, it would be best to lynch an inactive player (The Pikachu) either way, right? If they're Mafia, YAY! If they're Town, we still get info and they weren't doing their job anyways, so it's not like the Town will feel the loss.

What "info" will we get from somebody who hasn't said anything?

What "info" will we get from somebody who hasn't said anything?
As far as I was aware, stuff is always revealed when someone dies... I apologize if that's incorrect.

As far as I was aware, stuff is always revealed when someone dies... I apologize if that's incorrect.

OH

Well, we'd know their ability and alignment for sure, and if they're Mafia that would help give some reads on others. I guess you can get intel, but I don't think it would be that much, especially when the lynch is mostly luck based.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom