• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vacuum? Having no evil team would make for an uninteresting storyline. Unless you're suggesting a new evil team for this game, Team Galactic is going to show up again.
Not necessarily. Imagine a storyline based around up and coming criminal groups all vying for the position team galactic had previously occupied as head of the totem pole. Rather than have on organized group to battle against you find yourself battling to resolve the conflict between these groups and aid Looker's organization in restoring peace and order to Sinnoh. Although that might get political

I don't know if there would be a power vacuum if it followed Platinum's plot. Mars and Jupiter more or less left since they seemed to be in it for Cyrus, and Charon was arrested. Saturn seems to want to turn Galactic into a legitimate energy research company like what they posed as.

Not necessarily. Imagine a storyline based around up and coming criminal groups all vying for the position team galactic had previously occupied as head of the totem pole. Rather than have on organized group to battle against you find yourself battling to resolve the conflict between these groups and aid Looker's organization in restoring peace and order to Sinnoh. Although that might get political

That wouldn't be very good either. Generic villains of the day wouldn't be very threatening or noteworthy. Also, it's hard to create a coherent storyline with that.

I don't know if there would be a power vacuum if it followed Platinum's plot. Mars and Jupiter more or less left since they seemed to be in it for Cyrus, and Charon was arrested. Saturn seems to want to turn Galactic into a legitimate energy research company like what they posed as.

To the contrary, that's exactly what it would mean if Team Galactic has no interest in remaining the evil team.

If the Distortion World is put in the possible remakes in several years+, I'd love to see it be less complicated. Going through Platinum, I was hopelessly lost for hours trying to return to the normal world. I'd love to see a more updated and not-confusing set up, with Escape Rope usable. Especially since any remakes will be in full 3D in viewing.

If the Distortion World is put in the possible remakes in several years+, I'd love to see it be less complicated. Going through Platinum, I was hopelessly lost for hours trying to return to the normal world. I'd love to see a more updated and not-confusing set up, with Escape Rope usable. Especially since any remakes will be in full 3D in viewing.

I actually really liked that about the Distortion World. I was more disappointed that you couldn't go back to the main area. They should've had it the other way around, the storyline area be short and simple and the post game area be long and complex.

I think it would be interesting to see a Gen-IV remake now that there is a newly-classified Fairy type, but at the same time, I don't know if Gen-IV remakes can happen for the same reason. There was no Fairy-type back then, and keep in mind, unlike in Gen-II, most pocket monsters that are now Fairy-type were either Normal, or purely another type completely (they are now Fairy as well as their initial type), meaning that if remakes were to be made, gameplay mechanics would be a little different now. I wonder if travelling to other regions would be possible though.

I think Sinnoh would be entitled for sequels and/or remakes.

Cyrus' ending in Platinum was left more open than an Aromatisse's legs.

Plus, if no Megas are added, I can see every character getting one of the old ones.

Barry: Heracross (Only viable one)
Roark: Aerodactyl (Loves fossils)
Gardenia: Venusaur (Lack of others)
Maylene: Lucario (Duh!)
Wake: Gyarados/Blastoise (Has one/Makes Gardenia stand out less)
Fantina: Gengar (Owns Haunter/Gengar)
Byron: Aggron/Mawile/Scizor (Steel-Types/Has Aggron in rematches)
Candice: Abonasnow (Duh! And it's the only Ice mega)
Volkner: Manectric/Ampharos (Electric/Ampharos refers to lighthouse and Jasmine/Manectric is exclusive with Houndour in XY)

Aaron: Scizor/Pinsir (Bugs/Owns Scizor in Platinum)
Bertha: Tyranitar (Lack of Ground Megas, but evolves from a Ground-Type, similar to Aaron with Drapion)
Flint: Houndoom/Charizard X/Y (Fits with Gardenia/Houndoom is exclusive with Manectric/Version exclusive mega, perhaps?)
Lucian: Alakazam/Gardevoir (Psychics/Owns an Alakazam, fits his huge IQ)

Cynthia: Garchomp (BIGGEST DUH EVER!!!!)

Miley Cyrus: Houndoom/Gyarados (Both are Dark-Types, also known as Evil-Type, though Gyarados would steal Lysandre's thunder. Or fire? Idk)

Perhaps Dahila could use M Blaziken? Or is it Darach so uses it? IDK.

If there were to be remakes, I'd say a sequel is more likely. Platinum is already near-perfect on its own, with a lengthy story-mode, offers the most challenging battles (those gym leaders and elite4s were no pushover, as well as Cynthia herself), and has many optional things to do post-game (Battle Frontier).

We don't know what happened to Cyrus after the Galactic finale in the Distortion World. I'd be thrilled if he were to return as a boss again. Or, if Cyrus doesn't return, there's still Saturn who assumed the leader postion when Cyrus was gone.
And the legendary mascot? Arceus

It's still early for the remakes to happen, but I have a good feeling they will make sequels for DPPt - especially following Platinum.

I'd love to see a sequel, not a remake, to Sinnoh. It's WAY too early for one just quite yet, but it'd still be pretty awesome. :) If Cyrus was to return, or something, I'd be jumping up and down with pure joy and happiness. ;D (Cyrus is my favorite team leader, after all~)
I'm not sure of the story-line or whatever, but I just need more Sinnoh, that's all I know. >:3

While with Gen 3 i want a remake and not a sequel i definitely want a sequel with Gen 4, it would be awesome if they added Arceus alongside with the Creation Trio in the main story and also some more mega evos to pokemon like Togekiss, Hippowdon and Drapion.

I'm hoping for a sequel because Platinum was a phenomenal game. Despite the graphical limitations, Game Freak pulled off an ambitious story quite well. The Distortion World was a brilliant idea, Cyrus was a believable villain, and neither the gym leaders nor the Elite Four were pushovers. The story also introduced religion into the Pokemon world which could explored in a possible sequel. The story of Platinum is ripe for a sequel.

Despite his obvious social issues, Cyrus was able to recruit followers relatively easily and his Final Solution if you would was to remake the world in his image. Sound familiar? Cyrus is essentially an allegory to Hitler. A man with a great deal of social issues rises up in popularity with legions of followers who are willing to help him remake the world in his image. Every one of the other villains (except for Lysandre) gave up. Cyrus didn't and stayed in the Distortion World. There's so much to explore in a sequel and it would be a shame to do a remake instead. Then there was that church that I thought was some sort of religion based around Arceus.

Last edited:
If there were to be remakes, I'd say a sequel is more likely.

Now that I think about it, I don't think either of them are likely at all. After all, they stopped doing remakes at Generation V. Sequels of Black and White were released and it all ended there. Can't believe Brycen retired though, he was my favourite Gym Leader of all of them in Gen-V.

If there were to be remakes, I'd say a sequel is more likely.

Now that I think about it, I don't think either of them are likely at all. After all, they stopped doing remakes at Generation V. Sequels of Black and White were released and it all ended there. Can't believe Brycen retired though, he was my favourite Gym Leader of all of them in Gen-V.

They didn't stop doing remakes. They changed it up and rushed along Gen 5 because the 3DS had already been out for 2 years when BW2 was released.

They didn't stop doing remakes. They changed it up and rushed along Gen 5 because the 3DS had already been out for 2 years when BW2 was released.

That's not quite how it happened because 5th gen was designed from the start to be a filler generation because they hadn't yet received the 3DS dev kit to work on XY, but yes, that's the reason why there were no remakes last gen.

That's not quite how it happened because 5th gen was designed from the start to be a filler generation because they hadn't yet received the 3DS dev kit to work on XY, but yes, that's the reason why there were no remakes last gen.
Huh? Gamefreak were the first to receive Dev-kits way back in 2010. Gen 5 was filler because of the abnormally long reign of the DS combined bad timing for its release. Hopefully by 2017 Gen 7 will be released on the next Handheld.
Anyway, back on topic, I really prefer Sinnoh over Hoenn. So much can be done with region, and if they do sequels like B2W2, the story would be very interesting. Imagine a spotpass powered Underground, or better yet the contests with online.

Huh? Gamefreak were the first to receive Dev-kits way back in 2010. Gen 5 was filler because of the abnormally long reign of the DS combined bad timing for its release. Hopefully by 2017 Gen 7 will be released on the next Handheld.

Well yeah, that's basically what I was saying.

More on topic, you know what would be awesome for this game? More 4th gen Megas. I'm thinking the following would be good candidates:

Mega Torterra
Mega Infernape
Mega Empoleon
Mega Roserade
Mega Floatzel
Mega Lopunny
Mega Spiritomb
Mega Drapion
Mega Toxicroak
Mega Weavile
Mega Electivire
Mega Magmortar
Mega Togekiss
Mega Dialga
Mega Palkia
Mega Cresselia
Mega Darkrai
Mega Arceus

Your list is missing major Pokemon that need mega evolutions.
Mega Luxray
Mega Rampardos
Mega Gallade
Mega Vespiquen
Mega Rotom

That last one cause I would really love to see how the hell they can make a fridge or an oven look even more badass.

Not interested in DPPt remakes, but if Game Freak ever returned to Sinnoh mythology, I feel there are a few things they should do to justify Dialga's and Palkia's themes. The themes of those two, unlike their Platinum counterpart, Giratina's, are not incorporated in gameplay mechanics at all. It's a real shame, because spatial and temporal mechanics, like spatial manipulation or time deceleration would be quite interesting to play with. In the case of sequels or remakes, or even games that simply bring the Creation Trio to the front, I hope the Legendaries' themes are not empty statements like in DPPt, but actually promoted through the game's design.

I have to agree with you there. GF really did, well, nothing with the themes of the legendaries in those games when they really should have. However, there was never really any specially themed content in any of the other Pokémon games save for B/W/2. If there was a remake, I would really like to see this added, but I highly doubt it will be.

I want a Mega Shedninja. xD

Anyway, I like the idea of Diamond going with Dialga and Time. With Pearl going with Palkia and Space. It sounds really cool, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom