• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition to the lists above, I'd like to see Mega Yanmega. Maybe Bug/Dragon, to get rid of that x4 SR weakness.

Your list is missing major Pokemon that need mega evolutions.
Mega Luxray
Mega Rampardos
Mega Gallade
Mega Vespiquen
Mega Rotom

That last one cause I would really love to see how the hell they can make a fridge or an oven look even more badass.

Not sure they'd want to Mega Evolve Pokemon that already have form changes. And it'd be outright impossible for ones that change forms by item (hence why I gave Dialga and Palkia Mega Evolutions but not Giratina). Wait, speaking of which, I forgot about Arceus. Maybe his ability can change to Protean or something when he Mega Evolves, that way you can change his type without the plates.

about Arceus. Maybe his ability can change to Protean or something when he Mega Evolves, that way you can change his type without the plates.

Inb4 Arceus is everywhere in online battles. If Sinnoh remakes/sequels offer Arceus to be available as the in-game mascot, then I guess everyone has an equal chance, though.

Inb4 Arceus is everywhere in online battles. If Sinnoh remakes/sequels offer Arceus to be available as the in-game mascot, then I guess everyone has an equal chance, though.

It will be a cold day in hell when Game Freak makes an event Pokemon available as an in game mascot. Especially one as powerful as Arceus. But you're right, this would probably be broken as hell.

I could see a game where Arceus is used. While it is an event, it is also a trio master, so it'd make a lot of sense.

I think they should happen because
1: a regular ds cart probably won't work on the new system,and sinnoh was a VERY good region and had a good story line
2: people want to see this awesome region in 3d

I could see a game where Arceus is used. While it is an event, it is also a trio master, so it'd make a lot of sense.

Its event status pretty much supercedes its relation to the creation trio, so no. And note that there are other event Pokemon related to normal ones (Mew, Darkrai, and Keldeo for example) and they never show up outside of events either.

was there this much discussion for gold sliver remakes? just wondering.

I remember, as a 6th grader when I got Soul Silver, just learning about the internet around 3rd-4th and nolifing Runescape during that time period, stumbling across a heavy discussion on potential Gold and Silver remakes that had horrid names, Dusk and Dawn or something like that (Heart and Soul was much better imo). They used the fact that Fr/Lg were released and had a storyline side-by-side with Ruby and Sapphire, that Gold and Silver must be in the same spot on the timeline as Diamond and Pearl. Well they were completely right, this is also why (sorry, a bit off-topic) R/S/E won't be remakes like Fr/Lg/Hg/Ss, but a sequel due to the storyline continuing far past the days of Hoenn, because Hoenn actually sits at the beginning of the timeline with Fr/Lg.

I remember, as a 6th grader when I got Soul Silver, just learning about the internet around 3rd-4th and nolifing Runescape during that time period, stumbling across a heavy discussion on potential Gold and Silver remakes that had horrid names, Dusk and Dawn or something like that (Heart and Soul was much better imo). They used the fact that Fr/Lg were released and had a storyline side-by-side with Ruby and Sapphire, that Gold and Silver must be in the same spot on the timeline as Diamond and Pearl. Well they were completely right, this is also why (sorry, a bit off-topic) R/S/E won't be remakes like Fr/Lg/Hg/Ss, but a sequel due to the storyline continuing far past the days of Hoenn, because Hoenn actually sits at the beginning of the timeline with Fr/Lg.
besides gold and sliver with red and blue and bw-bw2 we have no confirmed time periods between games even if we did it doesn't stop the game from being remade zelda has an official timeline and they release games at random including remakes

besides gold and sliver with red and blue and bw-bw2 we have no confirmed time periods between games even if we did it doesn't stop the game from being remade zelda has an official timeline and they release games at random including remakes

True it isn't "official" to my knowledge but I do believe it is commonly accepted that Gen IV is concurrent with the events of Gen II, much as III was to I. The only thing is we don't know the time between Gens II/IV and V, nor between BW2 and VI.

True it isn't "official" to my knowledge but I do believe it is commonly accepted that Gen IV is concurrent with the events of Gen II, much as III was to I. The only thing is we don't know the time between Gens II/IV and V, nor between BW2 and VI.

Bill and Celio are trying to connect to the Hoenn region in Fr/Lg, Altering Cave exists in both, as well as it being stated in the Sevii Islands that Bruno and Brawly are friends, you can also visit both Birth Island and Naval Rock in Fr/Lg/E.

In D/P/Pl Jasmine visits Sinnoh, their is a Red Gyarados on TV, and the Battle Frontier is the same exact thing in Pl/Hg/Ss. You could say it isn't confirmed but it is to my knowledge that that's how it works.

In B/W the Rocket Dude from Hg/Ss has a wife and kid so it must be at least a five year jump (the kid speaks pretty well). B2/W2 is obvious, and X/Y is ahead of B2/W2 and that's all we know, it has a lot of references to events in just about every past game.

Last edited:
In B/W the Rocket Dude from Hg/Ss has a wife and kid so it must be at least a five year jump (the kid speaks pretty well). B2/W2 is obvious, and X/Y is ahead of B2/W2 and that's all we know, it has a lot of references to events in just about every past game.

Maybe we can use the Pokedexes to calculate a rough gap? After all, XY is now using some weird holographic tablet, compared to the Smartphone-esque one of BW2.

Bill and Celio are trying to connect to the Hoenn region in Fr/Lg, Altering Cave exists in both, as well as it being stated in the Sevii Islands that Bruno and Brawly are friends, you can also visit both Birth Island and Naval Rock in Fr/Lg/E.

In D/P/Pl Jasmine visits Sinnoh, their is a Red Gyarados on TV, and the Battle Frontier is the same exact thing in Pl/Hg/Ss. You could say it isn't confirmed but it is to my knowledge that that's how it works.

We know at least that in BW, a Team Plasma grunt mentions that Team Rocket and Team Galactic had been too flashy with their plans. Which means, it has to be after the two former teams were disbanded. So if we take HGSS and DPPt on the same timeline, BW definitely comes after that.

We know at least that in BW, a Team Plasma grunt mentions that Team Rocket and Team Galactic had been too flashy with their plans. Which means, it has to be after the two former teams were disbanded. So if we take HGSS and DPPt on the same timeline, BW definitely comes after that.

We know. It's pretty easy to see where each game fits into the timeline. The more interesting question is, how long was it in between HGSS/DPPt and BW1? There' been no confirmation of how much time has passed, the only hint being the Rocket Grunt in Icirrus City.

We know. It's pretty easy to see where each game fits into the timeline. The more interesting question is, how long was it in between HGSS/DPPt and BW1? There' been no confirmation of how much time has passed, the only hint being the Rocket Grunt in Icirrus City.

There's also Caitlin's growth.

I generally say roughly 10 years have passed between generation 1/3 and 6. It is no less then 7 years considering the 5 known years and the rocket grunt's child. Perhaps it is the time between Ruby and Sapphire and X and Y's release.

[snip]

There's also Caitlin's growth.

I generally say roughly 10 years have passed between generation 1/3 and 6.

attachment.php
attachment.php

That's actually a very good point. Caitlin's growth is proof that at least years have past.

In Pt, Caitlin is just a little girl, but in BW she's clearly grown up to be a young woman. She's grown taller, and just look at her hair - I'd say it takes more than five years to grow that much, probably taking even ten.

10 years is pushing it a lot. It simply shows she went through puberty. She could be anywhere between 7 and 13 in generation 4 and 15 and 30 in generation 5. But yes, it is clear at last 2 years have passed. On a barely related note, I wonder how old Cynthia is.

10 years is pushing it a lot. It simply shows she went through puberty. She could be anywhere between 7 and 13 in generation 4 and 15 and 30 in generation 5. But yes, it is clear at last 2 years have passed. On a barely related note, I wonder how old Cynthia is.

she is confirmed to be 14 in d/p/pt and she could have had extensions xD maybe with her physic powers she made her hair grow? anyway she does like like shes around 20 in bw so i'd say 6-8 years have passed since hg/ss as of bw and i'd say a month to a year from bw2 to x and y since someone says plasma was active some time ago in unova

Just going to pop in here and say something...o3o.
I know the idea of HG/SS remakes is pretty ridiculous, but if they were to EVER remake it (i'd like a sequel over a remake, definitely, but this is about remakes, so...), then they'd need to include Giovanni and Silver, something more with those two. (And if we all think it's true, then Ariana and Mars need to be included in it) I know it seems like a silly idea, but I just feel like their story could have some potential...I know they had the Celebi event in HG/SS but I feel like that wasn't enough...I dunno what the plot would be, but I just feel like this whole thing with Givoanni/Silver isn't really done yet. Does anybody feel the same like me, or is it just me? ^u^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom