• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you use the GTS?

I use it sometimes, I don't GTS Negotiations that much, since I haven't transferred my pokemon from SoulSilver over yet, and I figure I'd get better deals with a wider range of pokemon.

But I have managed to score a few pokemon on the GTS, I managed to nab a Japanese ditto a couple of days ago, they were only asking for a Ditto.

But I usually just offer pokemon up, it's how I managed to get an Oshawatt and a Tepig for a couple of Spiritombs that I bred.

Negotiations never works out for me. >> At least recently. They don't like my Darkrai, they don't like my Victini, they don't even like my freakin' CELEBI. It's a spamfest of :(:(:(:(:(:( wherever you go. OTL Just my luck that I get the 9-year-old punk who's looking for their 9-and-under Zek/Resh. Ack.

Well, I use GTS Negotiations most of the time, because I want to get Pokemon that's not in my Pokedex, and I got a Cresselia from that also (Which I am using as a Pokemon for Multi-player battles, because it can learn Light Screen, Reflect, and Toxic, which is pretty good for a Pokemon like Cresselia, because its defensive).

I only use it when I'm desperate for a Pokemon. Sadly, it's filled with a ton of people showing off the Pokemon I need and want a Lvl 9 Legendary you can't get. So I tend to avoid it a lot.

I only use it when I'm desperate for a Pokemon. Sadly, it's filled with a ton of people showing off the Pokemon I need and want a Lvl 9 Legendary you can't get. So I tend to avoid it a lot.

Well, there is one Pokemon that's a Legendary Level 1 legitimately in the Wild (And the fact I believe its the only Pokemon that's Level 1 legitimately in the Wild), in Platinum only though.

Ive never really investigated the GTS, but from my knowledge it can only be used from gen V games, and I only play gen IV games and below.

If im wrong can someone please tell me, but no I dont use it for that reason.

When I first got Wi-Fi on my DS, I used it like crazy. Now I just use it to trade Everstone Shelmet for Karrablast.

GTS is available in gen IV games as well.

I use it occasionally. Negotiations never work out for me, though. :/

The trick to the GTS is to only make offers and ask for specific Pokemon in return. Trying to find decent trades is virtually impossible, so you pretty much have to make offers yourself. When people see your totally reasonable offer amongst the sea of horribly unbalanced offers they'll snatch it up fast. I once offered a Heracross, asking for an Aron in exchange; the trade was accepted literally one single hour later. xD

I swear, I don't understand what kind of people make these unreasonable trade requests... "Level 25 Pinsir for a Level 100 Zygarde," "Level 10 Ralts for a Level 100 Celebi." I mean, seriously people, you DO realize nobody is going to take you up on those offers, right? Geez...

I personally suggest to search first, refine the search with the Gen VI options, then if you can't find it offer something.

"Unreasonable" trade offers are already bad, but what makes it worse IMO is that they ask for Darkrais, Arceuses, Celebis - event legends you cannot even put on the GTS.

event legends you cannot even put on the GTS.

Okay, that part I didn't know. Why the heck do people even have the option to ask for them?

That's what I'd like to know. The reason Celebis and other event pokemon can't be put on there is because they receive a special ribbon which prohibits them going on there (I'm guessing it's so event pokemon are more 'exclusive'). I think there are exceptions. Actually, I think they could have changed it in gen V/VI, since I only remember event legends being findable in IV. Try doing a GTS search for Manaphy, Deoxys, Jirachi, etc, and see if it turns up any results.

The trick to the GTS is to only make offers and ask for specific Pokemon in return. Trying to find decent trades is virtually impossible, so you pretty much have to make offers yourself. When people see your totally reasonable offer amongst the sea of horribly unbalanced offers they'll snatch it up fast. I once offered a Heracross, asking for an Aron in exchange; the trade was accepted literally one single hour later. xD

I swear, I don't understand what kind of people make these unreasonable trade requests... "Level 25 Pinsir for a Level 100 Zygarde," "Level 10 Ralts for a Level 100 Celebi." I mean, seriously people, you DO realize nobody is going to take you up on those offers, right? Geez...

if all everyone does is offer though how will anyone take them? xD gts has been great for me so far nearly have caught em all i have 611 only 117 to go xD

I think they should implement an "Auto-Trade" system for offers: If you have a pokemon on offer and there is a pokemon on offer matching your request, then it will automatically trade the two. That way, the time it takes for trades to occur is cut down. Similarly, there should be a penalty on asking for event legends - if we don't prevent people asking, then we should use the aforementioned system to autotrade pokemon where they ask for event legends, in exchange for whatever you asked for instead.

Alternately, when you deposit a Pokemon it should give you an option to look up any/all trades requesting that type/gender/level of Pokemon in exchange. We already have the ability to filter search results by "Pokemon the person wants: Pokemon I own" (one of THE biggest improvements over the previous GTS's), but if we had the ability to search by it more or less directly it would cut down on trade latency too.

And yes, often the fastest way to get something traded is to deposit a Pokemon with a reasonable offer yourself. I've seen my Pokemon traded in as little as five minutes sitting on the GTS (it varies).

I also notice that search results seem to be listed in "newest first" order. The farther down you check in the list of results, the LESS likely you are to see a viable trade.

Unreasonable trades suck, but at least I don't see as many impossible "Lv.9 or under" requests this time around. There are still a few, though....

event legends you cannot even put on the GTS.

Okay, that part I didn't know. Why the heck do people even have the option to ask for them?

That's what I'd like to know. The reason Celebis and other event pokemon can't be put on there is because they receive a special ribbon which prohibits them going on there (I'm guessing it's so event pokemon are more 'exclusive'). I think there are exceptions. Actually, I think they could have changed it in gen V/VI, since I only remember event legends being findable in IV. Try doing a GTS search for Manaphy, Deoxys, Jirachi, etc, and see if it turns up any results.

They were definitely searchable up to Gen. V. Earlier on, any events released in the Gen. III era, such as 10 ANIV Celebi, SPACE C Deoxys, etc., plus at least Ranger Manaphy, Newmoon Island Darkrai, Flower Paradise Shaymin, and Liberty Garden Victini were tradable over the GTS, for exactly the reason that they didn't have any attached ribbons. It sucks that they've changed it, as I find it impossible that they'd simply be out of stock every single time I search for them.

Before obtaining my 5IV foreign Charmander for shiny breeding I used the GTS to trade for them in hopes of getting one. I knew Charmanders were a hot breeding item and wanted to see if I could get a 5IV using this method. Got a few 4IVs from this method and I will use this same method to look for 5IVs of future pokemon to breed for shinies.

However, the only other shiny I'm interested in at the moment is a Whimsiscott, but I already got a 5IV Cottonee from Wonder Trade.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom