• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Diancie, Volcanion, and Hoopa Leaked? (RUMOR)

So, uh, when do we generally get event legendaries released? Perhaps we can estimate when Diancie, Volcanion, and Hoopa will be released by those dates.

I wonder if the company will deny their existence like they did with Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus. I would also like to see the official confirmation of these guys although I have no doubt that they are real.

I wonder if the company will deny their existence like they did with Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus. I would also like to see the official confirmation of these guys although I have no doubt that they are real.

I don't see any reason to deny them. It isn't the days of DPPt anymore. I think Nintendo and Game Freak have remembered the internet and hackers exist.

Has anyone mentioned how carbink and diancie look alike? Cause there is that one spot in that reflection cave with the color circle.

So, uh, when do we generally get event legendaries released? Perhaps we can estimate when Diancie, Volcanion, and Hoopa will be released by those dates.

Well, we know that they must be distributed in their order in the dex, meaning Diancie first, then Volcanion, and then Hoopa.
So far, the first event Pokemon distributed are the ones that come first in their movies. (Check: List of event Pokémon distributions - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia )

We can assume that the next movie (number 17) that features Xerneas and Yveltal will also have an event Pokemon (as each Pokemon movie since the sixth (Jirachi) has had one), which would be Diancie.
(Though this might not happen. Also, it doesn't seem like Diancie could be involved in the plot, as it's about Mega Evos. Maybe it'll have something to do with the Pikachu Short?).

Assuming the English event of this will come when the movie is released in English, it will probably be around November or December THIS YEAR. But, I have a feeling that since they released the game worldwide, and they want to be a BIT more fair about events, they'll either:
1. Release the movie in English much earlier (along with the event).
2. Release the English event at the same time as the Japanese one, regardless of when the movie is released.
Assuming this DOES happen, Volcanion will have an event sometime in the second half of 2015, and Hoopa will have it sometime in 2016.

Then again, I could be completely wrong, but I'm probably right.

EDIT: So, I was just checking Diancie's type effectiveness (it's Rock/Fairy), and get this: BOTH Dark and Flying are weak to it. Hmm... which Pokemon has both of those types, and is important to the movie's plot?
Looks like Diancie WILL be in the movie, and it's event will happen at that time.

Well, we know that they must be distributed in their order in the dex, meaning Diancie first, then Volcanion, and then Hoopa.
Judging from WPM's source and a separate screenshot, Volcanion is listed after Hoopa in the Kalos Pokédex. Serebii's Pokédex has the order reversed for the National Pokédex; I asked Serebii if there was a mistake somewhere, but he didn't say there was, which suggests to me that Game Freak really did reverse the order between the two listings. If this is the case, Volcanion and Hoopa will most likely be distributed around the same time, making the discrepancy inconsequential.

Also, it doesn't seem like Diancie could be involved in the plot, as it's about Mega Evos.
Diancie is most likely related to the Anistar sundial, which in turn connects it to Mega Evolution. Several event Pokémon weren't relevant to the other elements of their respective movies, anyway.

Assuming this DOES happen, Volcanion will have an event sometime in the second half of 2015, and Hoopa will have it sometime in 2016. Then again, I could be completely wrong, but I'm probably right.
Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect were all distributed in 2012, with Genesect making its debut via a Wi-Fi event around B2W2's release. It's more than just possible that Hoopa and Volcanion will both be distributed in 2015.

So, I was just checking Diancie's type effectiveness (it's Rock/Fairy), and get this: BOTH Dark and Flying are weak to it. Hmm... which Pokemon has both of those types, and is important to the movie's plot?
That has little to do with anything.

Last edited:
Judging from WPM's source and a separate screenshot, Volcanion is listed after Hoopa in the Kalos Pokédex. Serebii's Pokédex has the order reversed for the National Pokédex; I asked Serebii if there was a mistake somewhere, but he didn't say there was, which suggests to me that Game Freak really did reverse the order between the two listings. If this is the case, Volcanion and Hoopa will most likely be distributed around the same time, making the discrepancy inconsequential.

Okay, I didn't know that.

Diancie is most likely related to the Anistar sundial, which in turns connect it to Mega Evolution. Several event Pokémon weren't relevant to the other elements of their respective movies, anyway.
Didn't know that either (I haven't played X and Y yet. I know... it's so sad.) And agreed about the second sentence.
Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect were all distributed in 2012, with Genesect making its debut via a Wi-Fi event around B2W2's release. It's more than just possible that Hoopa and Volcanion will both be distributed in 2015.

True. Strange I didn't notice that, considering I'm the one that posted the link.

So, I was just checking Diancie's type effectiveness (it's Rock/Fairy), and get this: BOTH Dark and Flying are weak to it. Hmm... which Pokemon has both of those types, and is important to the movie's plot?
That has little to do with anything.

Agreed, it was just a fun fact in a way, probably a coincidence.

In Lumiose Press, on the desk in the back, there's a journal entry that talks about looking for a Mythical Pokemon in the mountains, or something like that. Sorry if this has been posted before, but maybe this hints at either Hoopa, Volcanion, or Diancie being involved in mountains?

In Lumiose Press, on the desk in the back, there's a journal entry that talks about looking for a Mythical Pokemon in the mountains, or something like that. Sorry if this has been posted before, but maybe this hints at either Hoopa, Volcanion, or Diancie being involved in mountains?
Probably Zygarde.

Probably Zygarde.
mythical usually refers to event only pokemon though

Yveltal supposedly went into hiding in the mountains in its cocoon form, according to a man in Anistar City, and Xerneas probably has a similar story behind it in X. Still, they're referred to as Legendary and not Mythical...

I am currently on the Serebii website, and there are still articles about the three Pokemon. Just remember that when Blue/Red/Yellow came out, there was only 150 Pokemon, but Mew was programmed in. Maybe the three that Serebii has mentioned have been programmed into the games, but are now being mentioned. I think that there may be the mythical Pokemon that we need to go somewhere to get or something.

We do know they've been programmed into the games. We even have pictures courtesy of a hacker.

Though I see Serebii has removed the catchrates from those pages.

I hope that the first event Pokemon will be officially revealed some time at the end of the year, with Hoopa being the first one. Though I get the feeling that Diancie or Volcanion would be first.

I hope that the first event Pokemon will be officially revealed some time at the end of the year, with Hoopa being the first one. Though I get the feeling that Diancie or Volcanion would be first.

Diancie is the first one both in the Kalos and National Dex so my bets on Diancie lol

Also I'm very surprised that no one has seemed to mention the fact that smealum has managed to extract the Shiny Models for Xerneas, Zygarde, Mega Latias, Mega Latios, Diancie, Hoopa and, Volcanion...

https://twitter.com/smealum

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bf_phlNCUAEcfT7.png:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bf_YKUGCAAEfLU3.png:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BgB4TyZCEAAvPzk.png:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BgCrmMnCMAIKkRz.png:large

I think he's probably gonna do Shiny Yveltal tomorrow.

Last edited:

Diancie is the first one both in the Kalos and National Dex so my bets on Diancie lol

Also I'm very surprised that no one has seemed to mention the fact that smealum has managed to extract the Shiny Models for Xerneas, Zygarde, Mega Latias, Mega Latios, Diancie, Hoopa and, Volcanion...

https://twitter.com/smealum

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bf_phlNCUAEcfT7.png:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bf_YKUGCAAEfLU3.png:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BgB4TyZCEAAvPzk.png:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BgCrmMnCMAIKkRz.png:large

I think he's probably gonna do Shiny Yveltal tomorrow.

*-* so shiny

Like the vast majority of every shiny Pokemon ever, their color palettes are terrible. Do they even care anymore?

Like the vast majority of every shiny Pokemon ever, their color palettes are terrible. Do they even care anymore?

How can you not like the gold and pink legends? The only thing bad there is the green megas, but someone probably likes it.

Honedege, Doublade, Aegislash, Pumpkaboo, Trevenant, Pumpkaboo, Gourgiest, Pangoro, Sylveon, Gogoat all would like to disagree.

Back
Top Bottom