• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

but returning to my question, if poke bank is paid, using poke transfer without a subscription is possible?

We can't say for sure, but IMHO I don't think they'd let you use PokeTransporter with an expired Bank subscription -- you can only withdraw Pokemon back to your game (because if you let it lapse too long the Pokemon get . . . euthanized).

That's correct. PokeTransporter just puts the Pokemon into Pokemon Bank.

but returning to my question, if poke bank is paid, using poke transfer without a subscription is possible?

That doesn't make sense. Lemme explain.

Pokebank is the 3DS app you download and pay for ($5 a year, and they've hinted that it'll be used for future generations; it's a great deal).

Poketransfer is a part of Pokebank. You have to download it separately, but it's a sub-app of Pokebank.

If you've paid for Pokebank, then you have a "subscription," there'd be no such thing as using Poketransfer "without a subscription." You have to have Pokebank to use Poketransfer, and Pokebank is the thing you pay for.

~ ~ ~

Reposted from my last post, since it didn't get answered...

Am I correct in understanding that Egg Moves will now be passed from either parent to its offspring? So if I have a Tyrunt with Poison Fang and a Tyrunt with Dragon Dance, and breed them, I'll get a Tyrunt with Poison Fang and Dragon Dance?

Also, did anybody get their bonus Medals and Pokemiles on the PGL yet? Remember?
Announcing Bonuses for Existing PGL Players Who Play on the Pokémon X and Pokémon Y PGL - Pocketmonsters.Net

'cause I didn't get mine yet, and they said they were doling them out at the end of January / beginning of February.

Okay, so, I recently re-started my X game.
And I go onto the Pokemon Global Link, and it still has my old game's trainer (Cameron)'s stuff on there. Does anything happen if I use Global Link on my new game? Does it over-write "Cameron" and the data from that game? I hope this question makes sense, since I'm really curious about it. :)
And also it's because I have 1,916 PokeMiles on there and I don't wanna loose them all, lol. xD.

You can't input a new game without deleting your old one if it's from the same game. In other words, you have to delete "Cameron" and the corresponding data from the old game before inputting your new data.

In short, it's bye-bye 1,916 PokeMiles :(

But it's pretty much the same thing, but with Single mode only, isn't it?

Am I correct in understanding that Egg Moves will now be passed from either parent to its offspring? So if I have a Tyrunt with Poison Fang and a Tyrunt with Dragon Dance, and breed them, I'll get a Tyrunt with Poison Fang and Dragon Dance?

Also, did anybody get their bonus Medals and Pokemiles on the PGL yet? Remember?
Announcing Bonuses for Existing PGL Players Who Play on the Pokémon X and Pokémon Y PGL - Pocketmonsters.Net

'cause I didn't get mine yet, and they said they were doling them out at the end of January / beginning of February.

You are correct about the egg moves. With that combo, you'd get a baby Tyrunt with both moves.

As for the Global Link stuff, I just made my account a few days ago, and I don't have the medals, either. When I was searching for potential reasons why, I came across this article on Bulbanews, which states:

For the Dream Points to be converted to Poké Miles, Global Link users must register their Pokémon X or Pokémon Y game by Jan. 14, 2014. The Dream Points will be converted and the bonuses will be added to their account in late January.

That is likely why I don't have them, and I was just wondering if this might be the reason for you as well.

But it's pretty much the same thing, but with Single mode only, isn't it?

The Battle Institute is actually quite a bit different than the Battle Maison. Full details in the linked wiki page, but long story short, you go through a series of battles against decently skilled AI opponents, doing your best to perform well. From my experience, the BP payout is actually much higher in the Battle Institute, especially when factoring in how much less time it takes to go through a Battle Test than get a good winning streak in the Maison.

You are correct about the egg moves. With that combo, you'd get a baby Tyrunt with both moves.

w00t! You couldn't do that in past generations. I love giving my Pokemon fun movesets, its my favorite part of breeding, and I always hated having to choose between Egg Moves in past gens.

Now all I needs' a HA Tyrunt. And an Arbok with Poison Fang. And something with Dragon Dance.

As for the Global Link stuff, I just made my account a few days ago, and I don't have the medals, either. When I was searching for potential reasons why, I came across this article on Bulbanews, which states:

For the Dream Points to be converted to Poké Miles, Global Link users must register their Pokémon X or Pokémon Y game by Jan. 14, 2014. The Dream Points will be converted and the bonuses will be added to their account in late January.

That is likely why I don't have them, and I was just wondering if this might be the reason for you as well.

I registered exactly on January 14th, because I got my copy of X on Sunday the 12th and spent two days getting extra event Torchics, and then started my file for real on the 14th so I'd have the Wonder Card.

I'll get on the PGL website and message Support, see what they say.

Thanks.

And I go onto the Pokemon Global Link, and it still has my old game's trainer (Cameron)'s stuff on there. Does anything happen if I use Global Link on my new game? Does it over-write "Cameron" and the data from that game? I hope this question makes sense, since I'm really curious about it. :)
And also it's because I have 1,916 PokeMiles on there and I don't wanna loose them all, lol. xD.

You can't input a new game without deleting your old one if it's from the same game. In other words, you have to delete "Cameron" and the corresponding data from the old game before inputting your new data.

Aughhhhhhhhhhh. D: Well sweet Arceus, that saddens me. :c Alright, thank you Dark Chocolate! I guess I won't get to spend those Mileages now...'.' So I should just remove the "Game Card" from the account it's on?

Hey! So I am getting back into pokemon and should(hopefully) be getting a 3ds with X or Y soon. Ive been playing white and black2 to occupy the time until then, and have found them to be pretty easy.

My question is: When I do get X or Y, which of the three starters is the hardest to start with? Which one will give me the most of a challenge?

Aughhhhhhhhhhh. D: Well sweet Arceus, that saddens me. :c Alright, thank you Dark Chocolate! I guess I won't get to spend those Mileages now...'.' So I should just remove the "Game Card" from the account it's on?

Not sure what you mean by Game Card, but I had to do the same thing when I restarted my Y version a few weeks ago. I had already registered my first play-data on Global Link, but when I tried registering a new one after I reset the game, the Global Link wouldn't let me and said I had to delete my old play-data first before inputting a new one.

Hey! So I am getting back into pokemon and should(hopefully) be getting a 3ds with X or Y soon. Ive been playing white and black2 to occupy the time until then, and have found them to be pretty easy.

My question is: When I do get X or Y, which of the three starters is the hardest to start with? Which one will give me the most of a challenge?

Since the first gym is Bug-type, Chespin will give you the most chance at an early-game challenge (being weak to Bug when Fennekin is strong and Froakie is neutral). However, past the early game, you can find Pokémon of enough types that your starter's unfavorable type matchups don't matter much.

That being said, since the starters aren't really the big factor in a long-term challenge, you might as well go with whichever one appeals to you the most. A better way to set up a more challenging game is to make sure that, upon receiving the Exp. Share, turn it off. The game scales pretty well level-wise, but using Exp. Share makes it very easy to over-level your team. You can also change the battle style from "switch" to "set".

If you want even more of a challenge, you might try one of the self-imposed "house rules" challenges, like the Nuzlocke run, one-type limit, or single-Pokémon runs.

I don't believe it!! After days & days of no luck with my (digital) copy of Y I remembered that I have a hard copy game of X - put that in got my Celebi in under a minute.
What is the deal? I wonder if anyone else had problems with games downloaded directly to their DSs?

Last edited:

They were added as a batch to everyone during the maintenance on January 28. Did you use the same account as with Gen V? Or, more importantly, did you actually meet the requirements to any of the awarded medals?

Last edited:

Does anyone know if a Friend Safari with Pumpkaboo have all Pumpkaboo sizes available within? Or do they only have the one size?

Sigh. I have tried so many times to figure out how to get the free Celebi for using the bank that I cant even believe it.

When I go to the transporter & talk to the woman, she gives me the choice between BP & Pokemiles. She's never mentioned anything about a gift....a Celebi...anything like that.

So I start it up, they insinuate that there are games to choose from, but the only option is ever Y, she gives me Pokemiles & then lets me choose between those or BP & says she will send gifts like these through Pokemon Link. (I thought Link belonged to LoZ?? :p ) Then I continue on to use the bank & that's it!

I've asked around on social networking & people just kind of vaguely tell me things, nobody quite remembers the exact process...they offer advice but nothing is happening. They said that you have to use the app more than 1 or 2 times but I'm far beyond that.

IDK if it makes a difference, but generally I have Black 2 inserted and a digital copy of Y on my 3DS. When I go to the transporter, they say something along the lines of choosing which game I want to use, but the only option I ever get is Y. So I've been transferring from older games to Black 2 then Black 2 to Y and from there to the app.
AND I hav tried going to Mystery Gift down on the start screens but they always say "there is no gift to be found". Also have gone to Unova Link...nothing there. One of those 2 has a place with a card album & there is no place to receive a Celebi there, either!

Between using the bank & trying to organize it & sort thru all on my PC plus whats on the bank PLUS the various places for receving gifts like this, its ... wow. Really confusing. Especially since nothing has worked! And just to make sure I'm not Alzheimering out, I have searched through all of my Pokemon & nope. Not there.

The process goes like this:

1) You start up Pokémon Bank, go through the setup, and choose whether you receive the Pokémiles or Battle Points. Then put some Pokémon into the boxes.

2) Start up X/Y, and go to Pokémon Link. From there, you should receive your miles/BP.

3) Go back to Pokémon Bank, and if you have already placed Pokémon into the bank (including through the Transporter), Brigette will tell you she has another gift for you. If you hadn't picked up your previous gift, she mentions that you need to pick it up before receiving a new one. If you have, though, she will give you Celebi.

4) Go back to X/Y, and return to Pokémon Link, where you should be notified that Celebi has been placed into your PC box.

5) Save the game (I don't think this actually matters, but it can't hurt).

Froakie is the fastest, but its defenses are a little weaker. Fennekin is mid-speed but despite the early physical moveset (Tackle, Flame Charge) is actually special-attack oriented (but pretty good at that, on par with Froakie's special attacks). Chespin is the slowest but physically strongest.

That being said, I echo what RiverAura said: Go to your game options and change the battle style from "shift" to "set" (multiplayer battles use 'set' style anyway) and when you get your Exp.Share (after the first Gym) TURN IT OFF. If you keep it on you will wind up with an overlevelled team (especially if you keep mostly the same team members instead of rotating new faces in/out) and battles will start to get seriously easy. There's no psychological challenge in going up against the evil team's boss or the League Champion when you're 5-10 levels higher than they are and can just brute-force your way through them. When you're underlevelled you HAVE to take strategic/tactical advantage with moves and types to win.

Last edited:

That doesn't make sense. Lemme explain.

Pokebank is the 3DS app you download and pay for ($5 a year, and they've hinted that it'll be used for future generations; it's a great deal).

Poketransfer is a part of Pokebank. You have to download it separately, but it's a sub-app of Pokebank.

If you've paid for Pokebank, then you have a "subscription," there'd be no such thing as using Poketransfer "without a subscription." You have to have Pokebank to use Poketransfer, and Pokebank is the thing you pay for.

~ ~ ~

i know it doesnt make sense, but the thing that doesnt make sense to me is making me pay 5 dollars just to transfer my pokemon from gen v to gen vi... isnt that a little bit rude?? making you pay just to transfer your pokemon?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom