• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

"The Internal Battery has run dry. The game can be played, but time based events will no longer accure."
My Pokemon Emerald game says this message when I start it up. I know what it means (Berries won't grow, tide in Shoal Cave won't change, ect.), but how do I fix it? I'm using a solid copy, so it's not an emulator.

If you have FireRed, LeafGreen, Colosseum, XD: Gale of Darkness, or Emerald, you can download the patch using the instructions here.

Also, can the Mystic Ticket be "copied" by Mixing Records, like the Eon Ticket?

Unfortunately not. The Eon Ticket was special in that it was the only event item to be transferable through record mixing.

One more thing, on another Pokemon Emerald I got, the player used cheats on it, and from what I know, he cheated to get (probably) 999x of most Pokeballs (excuding the Great Ball for some reason... He only has 3.), and 999x of all TMs, although he only has one of every HM, like normal. I suspect he also cheated to get the Mystic Ticket, but I'm not sure. The items that are 999x or whatever show up as something like x?9. I'm usually a person that knows sort of what cheats (at least via Action Replay) don't really effect the save data badly to much, or not at all, but I never cheated on a Gen III game before, so I don't know. He also has cheated or hacked Pokemon on the game, but all of them are traded from a different game, ya know?

So yeah. :p

The hacked items will likely not hurt the save data. The hacked Pokémon might, depending on how much they were hacked (e.g. would they appear legitimate or not; do they break the general limits on stats).

With all that being said, in a game with hacked Pokémon and items in it, it is quite possible that other types of hacking occurred as well which could affect the save data's stability.

If you have FireRed, LeafGreen, Colosseum, XD: Gale of Darkness, or Emerald, you can download the patch using the instructions here.

Will using a FireRed or LeafGreen that isn't effected be used to patch games other then Ruby and Sapphire?

Unfortunately not. The Eon Ticket was special in that it was the only event item to be transferable through record mixing.

Not even by connecting two games via Mystery Gift?

The hacked items will likely not hurt the save data. The hacked Pokémon might, depending on how much they were hacked (e.g. would they appear legitimate or not; do they break the general limits on stats).

With all that being said, in a game with hacked Pokémon and items in it, it is quite possible that other types of hacking occurred as well which could affect the save data's stability.

It only appears to be using a code to make any Pokemon appear wild. I checked some of them via the Stat Judge, and the stats appear to be random like normal. If I restart the game, will that help?

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Can I store all my Pokemon in the Pokemon Bank, then reset my save file, and still have access to the Pokemon I put in the bank to withdraw them? I really want to do a new game and use pokemon I like.

Can I store all my Pokemon in the Pokemon Bank, then reset my save file, and still have access to the Pokemon I put in the bank to withdraw them? I really want to do a new game and use pokemon I like.

Yes, that was one of the points of the bank.
You will just have to watch their levels since you are not the OT afterwards.

Will using a FireRed or LeafGreen that isn't effected be used to patch games other then Ruby and Sapphire?

Oh, goodness. I realized I made a mistake here. The berry glitch I mentioned is due to an issue separate from the battery winding down, and only occurred in Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire. When the battery winds down, the only way to correct the problem is to replace it (unless you're good with dealing with circuitry, it might not be worth it, honestly).

Sorry about that!

Not even by connecting two games via Mystery Gift?

I'll be honest, I'm not sure if there's anything that has ever been able to transfer between games through Mystery Gift. I'm not sure why that's even an option, since IIRC they've never taken advantage of having it. But yeah, I don't think there's any way to transfer the Mystic Ticket.

It only appears to be using a code to make any Pokemon appear wild. I checked some of them via the Stat Judge, and the stats appear to be random like normal. If I restart the game, will that help?

If all they've done is change the encounters and get more items, you most likely won't have any problems. If it does start glitching out, then I would suggest resetting it. Be warned, though, that resetting that copy would permanently get rid of all the event key items on it.

Does anyone know what happens if you DON'T tip the guy who told you a spooky story? I never tipped him, and I'm wondering if it's affected anything.

Can I soft reset to get a different TM from the lady in Coumarine City? Not as in getting 2 in the same day. I mean, say I save in front of her and then talk to her. If she gives me a TM I don't want, can I soft reset and get a different one?

She only gives out a total of four or so TM's (after that it's "no more questions for you, quiz master"), but if you're asking exactly what order she gives them out in, I don't know.

How do you do an online full battle?
Challenge your opponent to a Single Battle, Normal Rules.

Make sure it's "Normal Rules" and not "No Restrictions". The only real difference is level scaling, but level scaling makes a huge difference.

If I got a foreign Scatterbug in a foreign trade (over GTS or Wonder Trade), would the Vivillon it evolves into have my region's pattern, or the one that it was originally from?

If I got a foreign Scatterbug in a foreign trade (over GTS or Wonder Trade), would the Vivillon it evolves into have my region's pattern, or the one that it was originally from?

Region it was originally from. :3

Region it was originally from. :3
Oh that makes getting the patterns so much easier. Thanks a lot! :3

Is there anyone who has a shuckle friend safari? I have looked through the whole fc thread and only 1 person with a shuckle fs added me and they rarely get on. So if anyone could add me that would be awesome. my fs is fighting: pancham , machoke, and tyrogue

Is there anyone who has a shuckle friend safari? I have looked through the whole fc thread and only 1 person with a shuckle fs added me and they rarely get on. So if anyone could add me that would be awesome. my fs is fighting: pancham , machoke, and tyrogue

You might want to ask this in the Friend Code sharing thread. This is mainly for game help questions.

Question: If I delete my save file in my Pokemon X game, can I still use my global link account? I remember I did a new game on my Pokemon Black version and was basically kicked out of the PGL and had to make a completely new account. Is that still the case for X and Y?

Regarding Pokébank:

When you transfer pokémon to X or Y from PokéBank and then exit the application, is your X/Y Pokédex updated then or do you still have to load your X/Y save with the new pokémon in the pc before the Pokédex updates?

i.e. Suppose I want to move a large quantity of pokémon at once for Pokédex completion, but I don't actually want to store most of them on my Pokémon X pc, I just want to get the Pokédex data and then keep the pokémon on Bank. I'm wondering if I need to actually load up X/Y in between each box transfer or if just transferring the box, then exiting and reopening Pokébank and then moving the box back to Bank will be enough.

*whoo* That was a far more long-winded explanation than I'd intended.

I've started IV breeding this week and so far resulted into 5 male Brave natured Tyrunts each with 5 perfect IV's

1. 31/31/31/31/31/X
2. X/31/31/31/31/31
3. 31/31/X/31/31/31
4. 31/31/X/31/31/31
5. 31/X/31/31/31/31

The females I've bred so far all have 4 perfect IV's at most

1. X/31/31/31/X/31
2. 31/X/31/31/X/31
3. 31/31/X/31/X/31

I've tried a lot to fill in that last stat but what ever I tried, I keep missing it and only get 3 or 4 perfect IV's from these.

So my question is the following:

How can I make a Brave natured Tyrunt with 6 perfect IV's from these results?

How can I make a Brave natured Tyrunt with 6 perfect IV's from these results?
Getting the perfect mix of IV and Nature isn't easy. (You are using a Destiny Knot, right?)

First, if you absolutely have to have a Brave nature then you need a Brave parent and give them an Everstone.

Otherwise, you can improve your IV breeding by combining the Destiny Knot with a Power item (avaiable at the Battle Maison). Put the Power item on one parent to guarantee passing down their corresponding IV. If my personal theory is correct, when you combine Destiny Knot and a Power Item there's a 1/6 chance the baby will inherit all six IVs from its parents (one from the Power item and the other five from either parent at random), which means that if you have two 5IV parents, the chances of getting a 6IV baby are as high as 1/12 ... but you can't decide the Nature of the baby, so if you want that specific Nature you have to keep trying until the stars align and you get it.

Now Tyrunt/Tyrantrum are physically oriented for attacks, so you don't actually need that Sp.Atk to be flawless -- if you have that in mind, it's easier to breed for the stats and Nature because your objectives are broader.

Regarding Pokébank:

When you transfer pokémon to X or Y from PokéBank and then exit the application, is your X/Y Pokédex updated then or do you still have to load your X/Y save with the new pokémon in the pc before the Pokédex updates?

i.e. Suppose I want to move a large quantity of pokémon at once for Pokédex completion, but I don't actually want to store most of them on my Pokémon X pc, I just want to get the Pokédex data and then keep the pokémon on Bank. I'm wondering if I need to actually load up X/Y in between each box transfer or if just transferring the box, then exiting and reopening Pokébank and then moving the box back to Bank will be enough.

*whoo* That was a far more long-winded explanation than I'd intended.

Pretty sure you need to load the game with the Pokémon on board first, as one Unown form I accidentally moved straight to Bank didn't register in my dex before I moved it back to X.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom