• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: A NON Simple Technical Question

1. Hacks don't get transferred through Bank. Thing called a hack checker to keep cheater like you from doing well.
2. Items also don't get transferred through bank. Don't know why but they don't.
3. This really shouldn't even be on Bulbapedia seeing as hacks are against the rules. Even if you emailed this to Nintendo they would say they don't care because they were Pokemon you cheated for.

TerraTF, your reply is rather unhelpful.
Firstly, this scenario has nothing to do with PokeBank and Transfer whatsoever. It's someone who lost everything on their Pokemon Y version.
Secondly, even if this was about PokeTransfer the Hack Checker doesn't work very well anyways. Surely you've seen people's comments on how their legit 'Mons were blocked and their hacked ones made it through? It just seems to block some things and let others through.
Thirdly, nothing in the first post on here even remotely implies hacking their Pokemon in. Whether or not they are hacked, maybe you should look into it more before jumping to conclusions.

Maybe you could try helping this person out, instead of accusing them of hacking? With no evidence to suggest it, I might add.

@YaelleG:
You said something about Updating your X Version? Perhaps your Y Version hasn't been updated to fix the Lumiose Save Glitch. If you don't have the patch, and save in certain parts of Lumiose City, it messes with the game. I don't know how exactly--it never happened to me--but it was fixed with the first game update: Version 1.1.

I don't know if this helps, but I don't really have any expertise to offer.

1. Hacks don't get transferred through Bank. Thing called a hack checker to keep cheater like you from doing well.
2. Items also don't get transferred through bank. Don't know why but they don't.
3. This really shouldn't even be on Bulbapedia seeing as hacks are against the rules. Even if you emailed this to Nintendo they would say they don't care because they were Pokemon you cheated for.

Firstly, this scenario has nothing to do with PokeBank and Transfer whatsoever. It's someone who lost everything on their Pokemon Y version.
Secondly, even if this was about PokeTransfer the Hack Checker doesn't work very well anyways. Surely you've seen people's comments on how their legit 'Mons were blocked and their hacked ones made it through? It just seems to block some things and let others through.
Thirdly, nothing in the first post on here even remotely implies hacking their Pokemon in. Whether or not they are hacked, maybe you should look into it more before jumping to conclusions.

Maybe you could try helping this person out, instead of accusing them of hacking? With no evidence to suggest it, I might add.

If you read his post you'd know how right I am. He says that he brought Pokemon up from other games and mentions Shinies he has created

If you read his post you'd know how right I am. He says that he brought Pokemon up from other games and mentions Shinies he has created

Okay, so you're right about PokeBank being involved. But it still sounds like the actual situation happened after PokeBank had already been successfully used.
And yes, while she does say 'self-made shinies', I consider that to be more referring to Masuda Method breeding, as opposed to random encounter.
...but that's not the same as the ones that I found & bred.

But I don't want to get into an unnecessary argument, so this will be my last post on the matter unless I find some useful information concerning YaelleG's predicament.

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

2) In Gen V, does the Poke Transfer thing put your Pokemon in a specific ball, or leave it in its original?
Nope, it retains their original Ball type. E.g. I have a female Lucario from HG still safe in her Johto Safari Ball.
maybe those GL saves provide some kind of a backup? ... what is the point of GL? Seems like online backup yet ive been searching all week & not found the answer to that.

Pokémon Global Link
PGL - Pokemon X and Y

It's basically a Facebook-like profile page that mentions various achievements you've made in-game, photos you've taken, Poke Miles you've received for trading Pokemon on the Internet (including a shop and minigames where you can acquire certain items to send to your game). When it says that it's performing a Game Sync, that's what it's doing. It is NOT a backup service; there has never been one to begin with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question about Soft Resetting for Shinies

Alright I am still on my quest to Soft Reset for a shiny Giratina and I'm getting a bit worried. Believe it or not I am going to hit 8000 resets soon and it brought up an important question. With the chances being 1/8192 has anyone ever Soft Reset that many times and Not got a shiny? I am normally use to bad luck but this is ridiculous. Normally I am very patient but now it is finally getting to the point of giving up.

Was wondering if anyone has experienced the 8192 mark and not gotten a shiny. Feedback is appreciated.

Re: Question about Soft Resetting for Shinies

Alright I am still on my quest to Soft Reset for a shiny Giratina and I'm getting a bit worried. Believe it or not I am going to hit 8000 resets soon and it brought up an important question. With the chances being 1/8192 has anyone ever Soft Reset that many times and Not got a shiny? I am normally use to bad luck but this is ridiculous. Normally I am very patient but now it is finally getting to the point of giving up.

Was wondering if anyone has experienced the 8192 mark and not gotten a shiny. Feedback is appreciated.
The odds are 1/8192 for every reset. That means each reset has those odds equally. Even if you've done over 8000 resets the odds stay the same each time. It has taken me over 10,000 to get a shiny and as few as a little over 400. You never really know.

Re: Question about Soft Resetting for Shinies

The odds are 1/8192 for every reset. That means each reset has those odds equally. Even if you've done over 8000 resets the odds stay the same each time. It has taken me over 10,000 to get a shiny and as few as a little over 400. You never really know.

Thank you so much for answering this. Though now I know that it can take much more, it has given me relief mentally to know that I can hit the number and still not get it. It makes a difference because now I will just keep going until it happens (Silly I know but I know some people out there will get me) and because of this I will never SR again after this XD oh well I will continue the Masuda method on my X and Y and finish my long term goal (Every eevee evolution Shiny! over half way there).

Re: Emerald Stuffs

Aright. A few things.

1. On emerald, starting with torchic, what is the best course of action to get legendaries? Ive never done that, and i want to try.

2. Mew. I read in the wiki that you needed some 'special event ticket' to get him. Can that be achieved via action replay?

3. What pokemon are good for a 'team'? And, where do you find them. I know i want Roselia/evolve of whatever that is.

4. Completely unrelated to Emerald, WHY DOES EVERYONE I MEET SAY USE CHARIZARD WHEN HE SUCKS?? Sorry for the caps. :p

1. The best course of action to capture the Legendaries, regardless of starter, is first to locate them. You can do this by simply learning what Legends are in the game, then looking up where to find them. Most, if not all, of the Legends are only available post-game, so you'll have to have beaten the E4 and Champion. Bring strong Pokemon, and try to bring at least one who can inflict either paralysis or sleep. Save before battling each one.

2. Yes, you can hack the event ticket into the game, I believe.

3. What's good for a playthrough team is really just whatever Pokemon like like/feel like using. Roselia can be found on Route 117 in Ruby/Sapphire, but you can't catch it in Emerald. It doesn't evolve until Gen 4.

MODS: this is kind of a mixed question - it does NOT belong in SQSA & is pretty long. I cant find a technical section & this is like i said, it includes other things and is *so* too heavy to move there - nobody is going to answer it if its there! Please? I just really want it to be seen and responded to.

OK It sounds like you may have a couple issues going on here. First off have you swapped out your SD cards? especally before and after you updated your games? Have you updated both X and Y? the updates are not loaded onto the game carts they are loaded to the SD card. Also if you did download the update try to remove it if you can and see if your game save will load. DO NOT start a new game, as the old game save will not work. As for the rest I dont know what to tell you. There is no real backup for your data, the digital games use the SD card for their game data as well as the game saves, your SD card may have corruption issues that are just starting to show up.

Dom

Did anyone notice that the scientist in reflection cave said that there's more than one reveal glass?

Well, it makes sense from a game perspective. The B2W2 continuity has the players able to receive a Reveal Glass, and then you can receive one in X/Y as well. Unless that scientist stole it from Nate/Rosa to give to Calem/Serena. :p

Re: Emerald Stuffs

Aright. A few things.

1. On emerald, starting with torchic, what is the best course of action to get legendaries? Ive never done that, and i want to try.

2. Mew. I read in the wiki that you needed some 'special event ticket' to get him. Can that be achieved via action replay?

3. What pokemon are good for a 'team'? And, where do you find them. I know i want Roselia/evolve of whatever that is.

4. Completely unrelated to Emerald, WHY DOES EVERYONE I MEET SAY USE CHARIZARD WHEN HE SUCKS?? Sorry for the caps. :p

1. The best course of action to capture the Legendaries, regardless of starter, is first to locate them. You can do this by simply learning what Legends are in the game, then looking up where to find them. Most, if not all, of the Legends are only available post-game, so you'll have to have beaten the E4 and Champion. Bring strong Pokemon, and try to bring at least one who can inflict either paralysis or sleep. Save before battling each one.

2. Yes, you can hack the event ticket into the game, I believe.

3. What's good for a playthrough team is really just whatever Pokemon like like/feel like using. Roselia can be found on Route 117 in Ruby/Sapphire, but you can't catch it in Emerald. It doesn't evolve until Gen 4.

And to answer #4, Charizard is weak in the competitive scene due to the overwhelming prevalence of the move Stealth Rock, since it's 4x weakness to Rock means it loses half its health upon entering battle. However, other than that, it's a decent Pokémon with a good movepool and stats to be a special/mixed sweeper. (Also, if you're still talking about Gen. III, Stealth Rock doesn't exist yet, so that's a plus!)

Thanks, both of you. I have a few more, if you please.

I was told that legendaries cannot be used in the battle whatever at the end. Is that true?

2. My freind and i were arguing, what is the best gen 3 pokemon.

3. What is the difference between latios and latias?

4. Is it worth my time to catch the three legendaries that are a pain in the butt to get? (Supposedly)

Nope, it retains their original Ball type. E.g. I have a female Lucario from HG still safe in her Johto Safari Ball.

Hmm. That's weird. I heard that it was impossible to get a Pokemon in a Park Ball to X and Y. When you upload from Gen III to Gen IV, the Pokemon must be caught in a Park Ball. If you then upload a Pokemon in a Park Ball to Gen V, then Gen VI, it should still be in its Park Ball, then. Did I hear wrong, then? Can you indeed have a Pokemon in a Park Ball in Gen VI?

'cause I want some. It's a pretty cool Pokeball. For those who don't know, it's like the normal Pokeball only with golden-yellow instead of red.

Hmm. That's weird. I heard that it was impossible to get a Pokemon in a Park Ball to X and Y. When you upload from Gen III to Gen IV, the Pokemon must be caught in a Park Ball. If you then upload a Pokemon in a Park Ball to Gen V, then Gen VI, it should still be in its Park Ball, then. Did I hear wrong, then? Can you indeed have a Pokemon in a Park Ball in Gen VI?

'cause I want some. It's a pretty cool Pokeball. For those who don't know, it's like the normal Pokeball only with golden-yellow instead of red.
Park Ball is temporary to begin with. After playing Pal Park, the Ball reverts to the Ball in which the Pokémon was caught in the 3rd Gen games. Check the transfers from 3rd Gen to 4th Gen closely.

As such, it's impossible to have a Pokémon in a Park Ball to begin with. It's always been temporary for the duration of the minigame.

New Question: Can you use Pokemon uploaded from Gen V in online battles in Gen VI of any kind? I had heard that transfered Pokemon are flagged as being from past generations, and that you can't use them in Ranking Battles, I just don't know if you also can't use them in other online battles.

Park Ball is temporary to begin with. After playing Pal Park, the Ball reverts to the Ball in which the Pokémon was caught in the 3rd Gen games. Check the transfers from 3rd Gen to 4th Gen closely.

As such, it's impossible to have a Pokémon in a Park Ball to begin with. It's always been temporary for the duration of the minigame.

Got it. Thanks.

Last edited:

New Question: Can you use Pokemon uploaded from Gen V in online battles in Gen VI of any kind? I had heard that transfered Pokemon are flagged as being from past generations, and that you can't use them in Ranking Battles, I just don't know if you also can't use them in other online battles.

Got it. Thanks.
You should be be able to use them in regular wi-fi battles. I believe in official tournaments right now only Pokemon in the Kalos dex can be used.

Oh wow, only Kalos Dex? So it's totally impossible to use National Dex Pokemon in official tourneys? Nice. The Kalos Dex is easily the best of any gen so far, and it helps prevent cheaters.

Of course, given my brief and miserable experience with Gen V online battles, people'll probably find a way to battle with hacks eventually. (I would often run into people using Sheer Cold and Fissure which would work 100% of the time @_@)

Has Destiny Knot stopped working in gen vi???? I keep breeding my 6iv eevee with a Destiny Knot but the children all have 3-4 ivs

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom