• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Datel's released a cheating device for X and Y

At least its easy to spot some hackers out there. The only legitimate shiny legendaries are Rayquaza and Genesect, right? Seen way too many full shiny legendary teams last generation created by any novice hacker with access to the internet.

Nope. To my knowledge any shiny legendary that isnt shiny locked can be legit.

At least its easy to spot some hackers out there. The only legitimate shiny legendaries are Rayquaza and Genesect, right? Seen way too many full shiny legendary teams last generation created by any novice hacker with access to the internet.

Nope. To my knowledge any shiny legendary that isnt shiny locked can be legit.

I have legit shiny heatran and here is the list

Generation 2
- Mew(cant be obtained shiny in generation 2 but if you get a mew from generation 1 and transfer it has a 1/8192 chance to be shiny)
Generation 3
- Celebi
Generation 4
- celebi
Generation 5
- celebi
- victini
- reshiram
- zekrom
- keldeo
- meloetta
- genesect
Source: Shiny Pokémon - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

I only ever use the Pokébuilder App for finishing my Pokédex. So I really have no need for this. But cool that now people can find the other stones and 'mons! Good luck to whoever buys this! The last Action Replay I used erased the Kanto map from my SoulSilver.

It's not an action replay, it's simply a save editor. It's very unlikely this will effect WiFi for a long time if ever. That said I really need to get one so I can get shiny everything to transfer to gen 7 when it's out

I only ever use the Pokébuilder App for finishing my Pokédex. So I really have no need for this. But cool that now people can find the other stones and 'mons! Good luck to whoever buys this! The last Action Replay I used erased the Kanto map from my SoulSilver.

i heard there were companies that either were developing or developed dirty tricks like that to deter people from using those devices

Hm....I like the sound of this! Hopefully there's a "mark shinies" code so I can get all teh shinies. ;D

It's not an action replay, it's simply a save editor. It's very unlikely this will effect WiFi for a long time if ever. That said I really need to get one so I can get shiny everything to transfer to gen 7 when it's out
Uh, it's Pokesav that's a save editor. This Powersave thing's more like an AR. On another note, being Pokedit's Head Moderator's going to really serve me well here, as I can tell illegal pokmon from a mile off :) If I get any badhacks I'm definitely getting rid of it, FOR THE INTERNET!!!

That's really bad. If it's not licensed by nintendo how can they legally sell it?

Speaking technically, it's a device with a circuit created by themselves, a firmware stored into a microchip, and a pinout that happens to be "coincidentally" equal to NDS/3DS cartridges. But as long as there's no literal mention to Nintendo or any trademark, it can be sold at most countries. As absurd as it sounds, there's no legal way to prove ActionReplay devices are meant to be used on DS/3DS.
This one says "FOR 3DS" front and center on the packaging, though. :|

Oh boy, I might get a lot of disapproval for this: I think I'm gonna buy it. Although, I don't use hacked Pokemon against other people. I just use them to mess around with by myself. IMO, it's feel if you cheat and keep it to yourself, but it crosses the line if you go anywhere near multiplayer.

If every hacker thought this way, there wouldn't be a problem... Keep yo' damn hacks to yourselves!!

Uh, it's Pokesav that's a save editor. This Powersave thing's more like an AR. On another note, being Pokedit's Head Moderator's going to really serve me well here, as I can tell illegal pokmon from a mile off :) If I get any badhacks I'm definitely getting rid of it, FOR THE INTERNET!!!

Action replay has codes running while the game runs, this device just downloads and decrypts your save, edits whatever values you want, then you put the save back. It is by definition a save editor.

That's really bad. If it's not licensed by nintendo how can they legally sell it?

Speaking technically, it's a device with a circuit created by themselves, a firmware stored into a microchip, and a pinout that happens to be "coincidentally" equal to NDS/3DS cartridges. But as long as there's no literal mention to Nintendo or any trademark, it can be sold at most countries. As absurd as it sounds, there's no legal way to prove ActionReplay devices are meant to be used on DS/3DS.
This one says "FOR 3DS" front and center on the packaging, though. :|

3DS is incredibly generic as a name. What is this "Three-Dees" you speak of? I haven't heard of it. :p

i heard there were companies that either were developing or developed dirty tricks like that to deter people from using those devices

Actually, the hacking and cheating are supposed to be bad, not the ones trying to prevent it :/ It's sad that hacking and cheating has become so common that nobody think it's a bad thing anymore and there are even those creating cheat devices and parading around with it. It's discouraging people who don't hack/cheat.

Actually, the hacking and cheating are supposed to be bad, not the ones trying to prevent it :/ It's sad that hacking and cheating has become so common that nobody think it's a bad thing anymore and there are even those creating cheat devices and parading around with it. It's discouraging people who don't hack/cheat.

There's nothing about hacking or cheating one's personal copy of a game that MAKES it bad.

There's nothing about hacking or cheating one's personal copy of a game that MAKES it bad.

Sure - as long as it is kept personal, private, and strictly to the owner. If you're going to hack, keep it to yourself. If you're going to cheat, keep it to yourself. Is it really that difficult to keep it private?

Cheating in one's own game is perfectly fine as it's your game. I myself have used an AR in the past to make clones of event Pokemon for myself and check IVs and EVs(because I was afraid Id messed up and that was the way to check them). Ive never distributed any hacks as I think its wrong to do that unless the person knows it's hack or specifically asks for one. If I wanted to use a code to get a shiny Xerneas for my own self, I think that would be ok but Im not a fan of cheating for shinies so I wont.

I wont be using this.

Oh boy, I might get a lot of disapproval for this: I think I'm gonna buy it. Although, I don't use hacked Pokemon against other people. I just use them to mess around with by myself. IMO, it's feel if you cheat and keep it to yourself, but it crosses the line if you go anywhere near multiplayer.
I don't see the problem of buying anything like an action replay. Heck, make all of your Pokemon shiny and get 999 Rare Candies. The thing is, as long it isn't used to dupe other people, it shouldn't be a problem.

Anyway, is there a link?

I want to get it, and I can't wait to give myself extra Mega Stones so I won't have to go out an incredibly inconvenient time and find them. Does anyone know if it works for DS games, too? The DSi version allowed for pre-DSi games in addition to the newer ones, but they were all DS games, so...

Well crap. I guess it was bound to happen eventually though. I'm probably going to skip the Action Replay this time though, sense I don't want my Nintendo 3DS system getting messed up. At least we get to see what they all look like though. I wonder what the colors the Shiny Legendaries are...

You, my friend, are an example for every user of cheats out there, including me. I bow down to you, sir.

Also, I do agree, and I do the same thing as you. It's fun to cheat sometimes, but it's definitally not cool if you use it during multiplayer.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom