• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon anime to stream on Netflix: Two seasons to be available starting March 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon anime to stream on Netflix: Two seasons to be available starting March 1

The Pokémon anime will be available on Netflix starting March 1.

Read more on Bulbanews

Finally! I hope they add all of it including the Japanese version too. I'd love to finally see Hoenn and Sinnoh.

Awesome! I was waiting until Netflix put the Pokemon Anime up. The only other thing that would be better, is that if I got it on DVD.

Also, this is just random, but I'm hoping for more Law and Order: SVU to be on Netflix, and to have the older seasons back. They just disapeared suddenly, because (I heard), that the contract on those seasons, expired. I hope they can renew it, and get some more seasons on Netflix. :)

This is great news! I'm not at all enthused about Black & White, but i'm looking forward to having the Indigo League saga legally available to watch in its entirety through Netflix. While i'm thankful for the Pokemon TV app and the corresponding section on the official Pokemon website, it isn't completely convenient only having a handful of episodes from each series available per week and the resolution is frankly horrid. I can't wait to try this out on Saturday with Netflix on my Wii U and Kindle Fire HD, and I hope that we get news of the rest of the seasons being released in the not too distant future.

Guess what? I'm Australian! And Netflix is not availible there!

(twitches)

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

(breathes in)

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

-(10 years later)-

...UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKK!!!!!!!!!

As much as I want the unedited Japanese version released here (which is too much) it is extremely unlikely to happen. But that's only because there has hardly ever been any movement for it at all. Pokemon has had no problems with its success in only making localized versions available so they have no need to accommodate to the very few of us that say anything. We really need to get a hype train going for something like this.

As a fellow Netflix user (stream only), this is great news to me. My mother found out about it via Facebook and had to tell me.

Guess what? I'm Australian! And Netflix is not availible there!
as a Canadian, I feel your pain. :(
We did manage to finally get Netflix a couple years ago, but apparently the USA Netflix has a way bigger selection or something. I dunno, I don't have it so I don't really care :p I would LOVE to access sites like Hulu, but we're still blocked from those as well. I get friends on tumblr saying "oh watch this, it's on Hulu!" and they don't even know it doesn't work in Canada, haha.

As much as I want the unedited Japanese version released here (which is too much) it is extremely unlikely to happen. But that's only because there has hardly ever been any movement for it at all. Pokemon has had no problems with its success in only making localized versions available so they have no need to accommodate to the very few of us that say anything. We really need to get a hype train going for something like this.
It's certainly possible on a technical level to offer both. One of my friends has Netflix and she showed me that Digimon Adventure is available in English or in Japanese??! it's cool. They just won't, probably because a strong enough demand hasn't been shown for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom