• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Random Messages Episode X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking hell I'll have to set a deadline for myself

I'll log out at midnight >:I

I tend to go the more formal route with everyone. XD

'Hello' and 'greetings' and the occasional transliterated 'здравствуйте.' (Zdravstvuitye)

This transliteration actually gives a false impression, as it is one of the very few Russian words which have a consonant omitted in pronunciation (namely, the first "в")
I'm aware. ^_^ I just put it there because it exists in the word. XD

I do not doubt your knowledge, it's just we are the only tw o people here who know it :)

Hypocrite isn't the right word

I just have a substantial lack of self discipline ._.

As proven by this post

In fact, I have deliberately used an inappropriate (would be up to the level of offensive, really, had it not been for the general tone of the thread) word to give you an incentive to go to sleep :)

It didn't work!
Because of the offensively inappropriateness of the word in question, I simply had to react

It's in mah nature :/
I blame my brain for this

Hypocrite isn't the right word

I just have a substantial lack of self discipline ._.

As proven by this post

In fact, I have deliberately used an inappropriate (would be up to the level of offensive, really, had it not been for the general tone of the thread) word to give you an incentive to go to sleep :)

It didn't work!
Because of the offensively inappropriateness of the word in question, I simply had to react

It's in mah nature :/
I blame my brain for this

Worth a shot :D

'Hello' and 'greetings' and the occasional transliterated 'здравствуйте.' (Zdravstvuitye)

This transliteration actually gives a false impression, as it is one of the very few Russian words which have a consonant omitted in pronunciation (namely, the first "в")

I do not doubt your knowledge, it's just we are the only tw o people here who know it :)
Now everyone else knows it; no one is going to attempt to pronounce it with confusion and lots of struggling. :U

Nothing amuses me more than people attempting to pronounce здравствуйте.

Midnight has passed

Sleep I will

Prepare your drinks you must

*checks if mother has vodka in the house*

*disappointed*

Now everyone else knows it; no one is going to attempt to pronounce it with confusion and lots of struggling. :U

Nothing amuses me more than people attempting to pronounce здравствуйте.

The best way to teach Russian pronunciation would be through the IPA. Russian sounds really do not mix with Latin script

Fun fact that will blow your mind:Learned this a few days ago-Looker is the Tenth Doctor from Doctor Who. The developers felt that Looker/The Doctor was a good plot device for Diamond and Pearl as you were batting a evil team that wanted to control time and space so Looker made his apearence to try and stop people that caused events on the galtict scale. TADA!! Secrects out!!

The best way to teach Russian pronunciation would be through the IPA. Russian sounds really do not mix with Latin script
That's actually brilliant. I wish my teacher would have done that. :U Let's ignore the fact that I learned the Cyrillic alphabet the summer before I took the class.

That's actually brilliant. I wish my teacher would have done that. :U Let's ignore the fact that I learned the Cyrillic alphabet the summer before I took the class.

Does it help with sounds that are formed in sequences of letters? (I really don't know, as I have never learned Russian pronunciation that way, and in my studies of all of English, French and Swedish sounds were coming before the letter combinations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom