• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers (XY Edition)

Do the legendary birds and version exclusive legendaries count towards completing the Kalos dex and getting the oval charm?

Legendary birds aren't counted, but Yveltal and Xerneas are.

The Legendary birds are part of the Coastal Kalos dex though... and Zygarde/Mewtwo are both part of the Mountain Kalos Dex. If you've seen them, you might need to catch them anyway.

Do the legendary birds and version exclusive legendaries count towards completing the Kalos dex and getting the oval charm?

Okay so is there a way to see the opposite version exclusive legendary in-game? Like how diamond and pearl had an old lady that showed you a picture of the other legendary to complete your dex.

Okay so is there a way to see the opposite version exclusive legendary in-game? Like how diamond and pearl had an old lady that showed you a picture of the other legendary to complete your dex.

No, you have to trade for it.

Why does the XY Pokédex not register a Pokémon properly if it hasn't been caught/bred in XY itself? Very annoying.

Why does the XY Pokédex not register a Pokémon properly if it hasn't been caught/bred in XY itself? Very annoying.
You mean the Poke Ball icon instead of the Kalos marker icon? That's what I've noticed, but it doesn't strike me as all that odd.

You mean the Poke Ball icon instead of the Kalos marker icon? That's what I've noticed, but it doesn't strike me as all that odd.
No, it's not that. It's that if the Pokémon wasn't caught in the Kalos region, it doesn't actually count towards completing the regional dex and you don't get your crown.

More here: FYI: If you complete the Kalos Pokedex and have a stray Pokemon from a previous gen as an entry, this happens...

No, it's not that. It's that if the Pokémon wasn't caught in the Kalos region, it doesn't actually count towards completing the regional dex and you don't get your crown.

More here: FYI: If you complete the Kalos Pokedex and have a stray Pokemon from a previous gen as an entry, this happens...

This has happened to me, as well, and I do not understand it! I have a Sylveon, but the Eevee was from Black 2 so my Pokedex still shows Sylveon as seen but not owned and it's so stupid.

This has happened to me, as well, and I do not understand it! I have a Sylveon, but the Eevee was from Black 2 so my Pokedex still shows Sylveon as seen but not owned and it's so stupid.

That happened to me months ago, and when I asked about it I was pretty much ignored... anyways, I think this might be some sort of glitch. I just disregarded it and traded a Gen6 Sylveon to get the Shiny Charm.

Pokemon Gold Help.

Im having trouble with my pokemon gold game.
i just defeated Leader Pryce at the Mahogany Gym and i know that I'm supposed to get a call from Professor Elm about Team Rocket's radio broadcast so that i can go to the radio tower and fight team rocket, but i never got the call. I'v gone to the radio tower and team rocket isn't there. Iv tried talking to Pryce again and I'v tried calling Professor Elm, but nothing has changed. what should i do?

Is it at all possible to breed a Litwick in Kalos with its hidden ability, in a heavy ball? If not, why?

Re: Pokemon Gold Help.

Im having trouble with my pokemon gold game.
i just defeated Leader Pryce at the Mahogany Gym and i know that I'm supposed to get a call from Professor Elm about Team Rocket's radio broadcast so that i can go to the radio tower and fight team rocket, but i never got the call. I'v gone to the radio tower and team rocket isn't there. Iv tried talking to Pryce again and I'v tried calling Professor Elm, but nothing has changed. what should i do?

That's weird... do you have seven badges?

Is it at all possible to breed a Litwick in Kalos with its hidden ability, in a heavy ball? If not, why?

Unless Dittos pass on the poke ball when bred with a male or female pokemon, then no.

Unless Dittos pass on the poke ball when bred with a male or female pokemon, then no.

It's impossible. Heavy Balls are Johto exclusive, and will only be inherited in Gen VI if the mother has it, so you cannot have a Litwick in a Heavy Ball. Ditto breeding will always result in standard Poké Balls.

Poke Balls are passed down from the female Pokemon only. So you can breed a female with a Ditto (but why would you want to?) and pass down the Ball, but a male or genderless Pokemon no.

OK I have been working on my Dex and I thought I had it complete minus a couple of the event Pokemon. I have 705 Mons and the professor still says I am almost complete. I have been under the impression that complete ment everything except the event mons. Right now I am only missing:

151 Mew
386 Deoxys
485 Heatran
486 Regigigas
488 Cresselia
490 Manaphy
491 Darkrai
492 Shaymin
493 Arceus
647 Kaldeo
648 Meloetta
649 Genesect

Heatran, Rigigigas and Cresselia I read on one site needs a event only item and in other looks ups it is caught as a side quest no event item needed. Could those who know more than I please let me know what is what. All other mons are alive and well in my boxes.

Dom

Once you choose the language of the game, does it stay forever or can you choose a different language when you start a new game?

Thanks!

OK I have been working on my Dex and I thought I had it complete minus a couple of the event Pokemon. I have 705 Mons and the professor still says I am almost complete. I have been under the impression that complete ment everything except the event mons. Right now I am only missing:

151 Mew
386 Deoxys
485 Heatran
486 Regigigas
488 Cresselia
490 Manaphy
491 Darkrai
492 Shaymin
493 Arceus
647 Kaldeo
648 Meloetta
649 Genesect

Heatran, Rigigigas and Cresselia I read on one site needs a event only item and in other looks ups it is caught as a side quest no event item needed. Could those who know more than I please let me know what is what. All other mons are alive and well in my boxes.

Dom
well, heatran, cresselia, and regigigas are not event pokemon.
All of them are available in diamond, pearl, platinum, black 2, and white 2.

Once you choose the language of the game, does it stay forever or can you choose a different language when you start a new game?

Thanks!

Once you save a new game the language is set until you delete the file and start a new game, you can then select a different language.

Thanks!

Once you save a new game the language is set until you delete the file and start a new game, you can then select a different language.
Thank you!

That makes me think about something else... Is there a way to know if a pokémon comes from another region or if it's from the same region but with just a different language? For Masuda method...

Thanks!

Thank you!

That makes me think about something else... Is there a way to know if a pokémon comes from another region or if it's from the same region but with just a different language? For Masuda method...
I dont believe there is any way to know.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom