• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime Do you remember the first anime you watched?

I watched some pokemon and Hamtaro episodes on TV when I was little, but the first anime I ever completed was Kimi ni todoke.

Mine was Mew Mew Power, the terrible dub of Tokyo Mew Mew. I used to really love it when I was younger xD.

I think it was Teknoman back in the 1990s. I still remember Cheez TV when it was on Channel 10.

The first I remember was Dragon Ball Z (which I hated). The first I liked was Sailor Moon.

My mum said that I used to watch tapes of the Grimm's Fairy Tales anime with my older siblings when I was like 2 or 3. I don't know remember that well, though.

I think it was either Sailor Moon or Pokemon.
People view Sailor Moon with nostalgia, but being older, I realized that dubbed Sailor Moon is different from the subbed and the manga and also I view Usagi in a whole, new different way now.

Poekemon. A couple of years later I watched Dragon Ball and Trigun, although I don't remember which I watched first, aside from Pokemon.

I don't remember for sure, but it would have been something that was on American tv in the early to mid 80s. Voltron seems a likely enough guess. I didn't know it was a Japanese style until I was probably 9 years old and started seeing similar art styles in NES games (which by then I knew were mostly Japanese).

Hmm I'm thinking: Pokemon, Hamtaro, Kirby, DBZ(not when it first showed, of course), DBGT(wasn't exactly interested in DB when I was younger), Yu-Gi-Oh!, and I think Naruto was my first "hardcore" anime. xD I did know what Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, and Astro Boy(newer series) were, too.

My first anime was Dragon Ball, then Yu-gi-oh, Pokemon and Hunter x Hunter along with Fullmetal Alchemist, but those were all dubbed and were aired on TV.
As for subbed, my first was One Piece, then Naruto but I've long stopped watching those, mainly because I start watching others and then they get a lot of episodes stacked and I get too lazy to watch them all :p

Hamtaro was my first anime...."Little hamsters,Big Adventures!" Been watching anime for roughly 9 years, and was a Otaku for 6 of those years and still going!

Mine was Ghost Stories (Gakkuen No Kaiden ^_^) I got it at the library one summer and watched the whole series with my cousin xD It's pretty foul mouthed so it was also my first "adult" show.

Pokemon. The episode with Charmander... idk I was 5 when it aired here. Never actually completed the first season though... <_<

As for completed (+in subs no less), Digimon Frontiers (omg I brought up a taboo).

Pokemon. The episode with Charmander... idk I was 5 when it aired here. Never actually completed the first season though... <_<

As for completed (+in subs no less), Digimon Frontiers (omg I brought up a taboo).

Back
Top Bottom