• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Awkward X and Y moments

This piece of text, before being edited for the PAL version:

"My Egmola wants to shock your Dedenne."

"...What?"

EDITED VERSION:

"My Egmola is attracted to your Dedenne."

"Mm-hm..."

The original is still weirder than the edited version though...

When I went to Lavarre's Nature Trail in X the first time and Trevor asked to compare Mountain Pokedexes. And I beat him by seeing...

9 Pokemon...

Like, really Trevor, are you even trying?! How could you possibly lose? I'm going easy on you!

Something like that happened to me every time I compared Pokedexes with Trevor, except I might have had less than 9. Is it even possible to lose to him? :confused:

I expect not. It's kind of sad, really... I wonder what'd happen if someone made it that far without registering a single Pokemon in the Mountain 'dex. Or is that even possible?

That's really sad. I would have liked if it was possible for him to win. Since, you know, it would show he's not just running around for nothing!!

Besides, Crying Trevor is not something the world needs to see. ;~;

I started a new save on Y version yesterday and the first (and only, so far) time we compared Pokedexes he did beat me, actually. I'd seen 30, he'd seen 32 or something. So it is possible, apparently.

When I went to Lavarre's Nature Trail in X the first time and Trevor asked to compare Mountain Pokedexes. And I beat him by seeing...

9 Pokemon...

Like, really Trevor, are you even trying?! How could you possibly lose? I'm going easy on you!

Something like that happened to me every time I compared Pokedexes with Trevor, except I might have had less than 9. Is it even possible to lose to him? :confused:

I expect not. It's kind of sad, really... I wonder what'd happen if someone made it that far without registering a single Pokemon in the Mountain 'dex. Or is that even possible?

That's really sad. I would have liked if it was possible for him to win. Since, you know, it would show he's not just running around for nothing!!

Besides, Crying Trevor is not something the world needs to see. ;~;

I started a new save on Y version yesterday and the first (and only, so far) time we compared Pokedexes he did beat me, actually. I'd seen 30, he'd seen 32 or something. So it is possible, apparently.

Yay! ^w^

I missed this the first time, so it caught me off guard in the second play. I won't judge her for it, but...

There's a girl at the Skiddo ranch who gives you TM45 (Attract), saying it'll help you understand her feelings (...about Skiddo).

Me spending quite a long time to train up a pokemon to release on wondertrade.... and getting a flabebe in return.
The first part of the looker subquest where you go find the kids in the alley.. don't those kids deserve to have some fun too? Why do I have to catch them for their parents, they don't seem to be doing anything wrong other than not living up to their parents expectations.
Oh and to me the whole Lucario theme with Korrina and the tower of mastery is EXTREMELY awkward. -_-
Korrina.... looks like she's shoving her crotch in your face o.o
One of the pokemon rangers in Ramos's gym is named..... "Twiggy" ..............WUT? WHO NAMES THEIR CHILD TWIGGY!?!? It's a girl btw...
That guy who says "how many similarities do tynamo and mothim have" ..... Is that totally random.... but I'm still trying to think of the similarities XD
The fact that you can never enter, or fully see the ryhorn racing track
Literally the only pokemon that visit my pokemon amie room are talonflames.
The Vivillon super training is so incredibly hard, I'm still traumatized D:

Last edited:
Putting my lvl 11 Mime Jr. (Missy) in the Wonder Trade to give it a new home, and ended getting a lvl 33. Absol. It's not a bad trade for me, but it feels a bit awkward that someone got my low lvl. (hopefully not common) Pokémon on their end of the bargain. I ended up putting Absol back into the Wonder Trade and got a lvl 36 Gourgeist.

Starting up a Nuzlocke run on my copy of X. The twist? Although I picked Fennekin, I swapped her off for a Zorua egg from my main Y playthrough. So the Pokemon I'm building a team around is a lv.1 Zorua.

The only problem is that a Lv.1 Pokemon can't take on much of anything until reaching about Lv.4 or so, the one Pidgey I caught along the route got KO (by a wild Pidgey), and there are no PCs (to actually remove Pidgey from the party) until Santalune. And after some grinding against Lv.2 Scatterbugs and Fletchlings (because a Lv.3 opponent is too strong yet), I also realize that Zorua's one attack move (Scratch) is running low on PP fast....

I finally caught a very lucky break against that NPC Trainer when his Zigzagoon decided to start spamming Growl instead of going for a 3HKO with Tackle. Once my Zorua reached Lv.5 he learned Pursuit (another 20PP, and this one with STAB!), and I had no trouble going through Santalune forest. Of course, it helped I caught a Fletchling along the way, too.

While Wondertrading I encountered someone with a title to the effect of "Want a Charmander?" I figured they'd be handing out Charmander, and they did indeed hand me one with the name of... Mike Wazowski. Wut?

This really isn't an awkward moment per-se, but I find it funny how you can be super freakin' rich, and yet that one guy always says you can never be rich....

IMG_1120.jpg
IMG_1117.jpg

And, because I have a bit of a dirty mind, I didn't know WHAT the heck this guy was talking about at first! xD

IMG_0915.JPG
IMG_0916.JPG

While Wondertrading I encountered someone with a title to the effect of "Want a Charmander?" I figured they'd be handing out Charmander, and they did indeed hand me one with the name of... Mike Wazowski. Wut?

Got a Golett named Hank Hill through WT. Seriously? Who comes with those names? (I'm not a fan of King of the Hill)

Got another one: The first time I saw Bibarel's new model. Not even Mr. Mime reached that far into the uncanny valley.
Oh...oh god....

Thanks for reminding me. >_<

Got a Golett named Hank Hill through WT. Seriously? Who comes with those names? (I'm not a fan of King of the Hill)
You still have it? Because if you don't want it...you know...:naughty:

Saw a shiny Golurk on the GTS named--I do not kid--BILLY MAYZ. And yes, it was in all caps. (No, I wasn't able to trade for it in time.) Though nothing can top the Dedenne I got from the GTS: it was named "Pikafake".

Uuugh. I have and use both Bibarel and Quagsire, but my Quagsire went into battle against an opponent's Bibarel, and the game did that split-screen thing... it's supposed to be dramatic but I couldn't help but laugh at their goofy faces staring each other down.

8B

:]

When visiting the girl in Anistar who tells the player a Pokémon's memory, sometimes I question the fondness of that memory.

For example, my Vaporeon's fondest memory? Me using the Dazzling Gleam TM. o_O
I have something similar to that: my Venusaur had a fond memory of me using... HM 03, Surf.

This one isn't XY related but awkward just the same:

Back in Pokemon XD, using Cologne items to massage Pokemon. How exactly does that work? I am not sure I even want to know.

When I realized Shauna had been standing in front of my house for weeks even after she traded me her starter pokemon o_O

First the fireworks, now stalking my house... she must seriously like me XD I feel bad for her, though - I wish I could invite her inside the house so she won't have to stand outside all the time...

@Stratelier; Aroma oils are used in real life massage, so I think it's more or less the same.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom